Current Downtown Projects

I thought I would start a list of projects in and around downtown, too keep us informed. Feel free to offer updates and corrections, and I will update the list

IN PROGRESS:

UH Downtown, new building across I-10 (2 cranes up)

Downtown Cathedral

Central Fire Station

PENDING:

Houston Pavilions

Urban Park across GRB (w/restaurant and cafe)

Park Tower

Central Multi-Modal Terminal

Hardy Yards

Christ Church is working on an entire block that was mostly surface parking. Adding a parking garage, youth service bldg, homeless services bldg, and the offices for the Episcopal Diocese. Last time I was in town, there was a crane on-site.

Annunciation School is adding a building to their campus. Not sure if it is under construction though.

The 11 story garage with street level retail space is set for Main St. right next to the Commerce Towers Condos. (former San Jac Bldg)

Two Medical Place, an 8 story medical office tower was announced a year or so ago for the St. Joseph's area. Not sure if it is still a viable plan but since the Hospital seems to have been "saved" we might see that one pop up again.

Some company out of Colorado (Landco?) bought land next to the new park. Said they might add two 17 story condo/apartment buildings there in a few years.

A few months ago, it was announced that a single family home community would be built near the Toyota Center. Not sure what's up with that one though. Was supposed to be just a handful of homes but anything helps.

Wasn't some kind of light renovation of the ground floor units at the Ben Milam mentioned a while back? Someone linked to an article talking about bringing some sort of baseball-oriented restaurant to the ground floor.

Anyone else remember that?

few months ago, it was announced that a single family home community would be built near the Toyota Center. Not sure what's up with that one though. Was supposed to be just a handful of homes but anything helps.

Is this on the site where those "brownstone" townhomes were allegedly going? I think Frank Liu's group is the one who bought that property and is apparently labeling the new project "Leeland Square".

Ahh man were losing the brownstones to single family homes?

Yeap. Here's a thread about the project. Leeland Square

Wasn't some kind of light renovation of the ground floor units at the Ben Milam mentioned a while back? Someone linked to an article talking about bringing some sort of baseball-oriented restaurant to the ground floor.

Train theme. Not in the Ben Milam, but on the vacant lot adjacent where the parking garage was. The article said it could open by the fall, but last I checked nothing was going on there, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Topic about it:

Restaurant near Ben Milam

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Some company out of Colorado (Landco?) bought land next to the new park. Said they might add two 17 story condo/apartment buildings there in a few years.

This is not the same place, but I wonder how accurate this is (since their two other projects listed for downtown are not)

Downtown High Rise Residential/Retail Main & Dallas streets Houston 300 LANDCO, LLC

http://www.jackmangroup.com/graphics/artic...ou_apt_cstr.pdf (last page)

Archived