Harwood Taylor designed apt for rent

rps324

I have a friend that has a very cool mod building with a small one bedroom apartment for rent. $650 range. It is an exceptional building for someone who really wants the mid-century mod look. PM me if you are interested.

aptKH.jpgaptKH2.jpg

what is the address and is there a site with more detailed information and/or that article blown up a lil more ?

oh cool... in the article is shows burdette keeland as jr. designer.

He was an aggie and a cougar and later was a prof at UH school of architecture for several decades and even has a new design center next door named after him.

...........for those of you that didn't already know that.......

Keeland's house on Jackwood (near S. Rice) is one of the ultimate houses of Houston MCM architecture.

Jason

what is the address and is there a site with more detailed information and/or that article blown up a lil more ?

oh cool... in the article is shows burdette keeland as jr. designer.

He was an aggie and a cougar and later was a prof at UH school of architecture for several decades and even has a new design center next door named after him.

...........for those of you that didn't already know that.......

I LOVE this place! The old Checker that parks in the carport frequently makes me smile! Is the unit still available? I'm actually looking for a rental. I have also found a 1950's 6-plex 2 blocks east of River Oaks which has a 1 br unit with 950 square feet, floor to ceiling windows, and great terraces...very Philip Johnson on the outside. And it has the original Laguna Blue fixtures and tiles in the bathroom, with new hardware.

If anyone knows of any other MCM "for lease" properties in the area by all means I would greatly appreciate the info. Just drop a message.

Thanks

Archived