Still Standing I - Art Deco

Guest danax

I love deco.  The building in pic number 2 is very cute.  Where is that?

There are two deco-ish 4plexes right across the street from each other on Jefferson in Eastwood....they're currently painted pink....ewww.

I think I know which ones you're talking about and they are cool. Residential deco is so rare. #2 is 4819 Harrisburg. That building next to it is very old and interesting looking too. There are a series of, what looks like, old metal doors along the front that don't show up too well in the picture.

Hrm...looks like it recently sold....and was built in 1950.  Sure isn't listed as being worth much either....I wonder how much it sold for.  That would make a really neat loft conversion.

1950 sounds a little late for that one but it could be a very late example of that style. I think it's safe to say that most of the potential buyers for properties like that over here, for the time being anyway, have little interest in or knowledge of architecture or history, so old means just old, and new is always better so there is not likely to be any additional value attached to these buildings. They are blind to what we see. Picture #1 is for sale and it looks like a very cool potential recording studio to me, with no windows except the glass blocks and 2 side doors. Wish I had more $.

• 2 weeks later...
I love deco.  The building in pic number 2 is very cute.  Where is that?

There are two deco-ish 4plexes right across the street from each other on Jefferson in Eastwood....they're currently painted pink....ewww.

Those fourplexes are for sale right now. Maybe someone will get them and do a better color scheme!

Archived