Fame City Park At 13700 Beechnut St.

barronracing74

Ok, I remember along time ago I went to this indoor fun place with my family. It had laser tag (i think), a carousel, arcade games and alot of other stuff. Does anyone know what im talking about? Sorry I couldnt provide more details as I barely remember.

Was it on the west side of town ofrf of Beechnut St and Eldridge. Is this it:

is%20this%20it.jpg

Yeah, I think thats it. Looks pretty familiar.

I can't recall the name, but all I remember that Pepsi was one of the sponsors or they did a cross promotional with the park much like Coka-Cola used to do with AstroWorld

That water park look like it is new? I have not beeen in that area for a few years now. I think it has been about 7 years.

• 6 months later...

My friend and I went to Fun Plex a few months ago because we had not been there in a few years and we wanted to see if it had changed. The place is now a dump, over half of the building was closed off and the parts that were open were not in very good condition and half the lights were burnt out so it was kind of dark.

I found the Fun Plex website. It still appears to have a lot of stuff http://www.funplex.org/

• 2 years later...
I'm gonna learn how to fly.

High.

... another great telwink panorama.

Gotta love reflective clouds.

Thanks a lot Highway6, and thanks HAIF for the potd!

I remember this place like it was in its prime last week. I was pretty young at the time, so this place just completely nailed my demographic. Going here when it was really nice, was a HUGE treat. I guess in the mid 80s, this part of town was a newer, nicer suburbia than it is now.

You can still walk through the place now - but man - it is a total dump compared to what it used to be like. It just seems really run down by a lack of maintenance and upkeep. Most of the inside is now closed. You can't go upstairs at all anymore. It's kind of sad to see it go, but more than anything I just find it very interesting that you can actually go inside it still and rekindle old memories of what it's glory days were like.

• The title was changed to Fame City Park At 13700 Beechnut St.