Indigo Earth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could make Katy Mills go down in sales. Indigo Earth and the Gardens at Westgreen could and will give Katy Mills a run for its money. A skatepark at Katy Mills is the least they can do for the millions of skaters that got there. Indigo Earth is getting one. Katy Mills is nice, but they need to add some stuff to it. It is going to be interesting at what is going to happen in this case.

I disagree. Katy Mills serves a different purpose from the Indigo Earth project. Katy Mills is an outlet mall that provides quality goods at discounted prices (clearances most often). The Indigo Earth project will have some retail but nothing like what's at Katy Mills. Indigo Earth is primarily geared for recreation with a touch of shopping while Katy Mills is shopping with a touch of recreation. Also, the two are still a pretty healthy six miles from each other and the area west of the (EDIT) Grand Parkway is developing its own critical mass.

Heck, there still is talk about building a mall next to the Cinemark @ Katy Freeway and the Grand Parkway.

I agree with Semipro. Pearland seems more likely to get a mall before the area near I-10 and the Grand Parkway.

Cinco,

Several developers have talked about the location next to Cinemark being prime for mall development (a traditional type mall rather than a large-scale outlet mall). Nothing concrete has come to pass but I do know that the current property owner (I think it might be Metro National) has never been coy about admitting that the current infrastructure, accessibility and demographics scream "mall" at that location. The roads have already been designed to cater to a high-volue mall concept similar to the Willowbrook Mall.

Nevertheless, nothing concrete as of yet.

• 6 months later...
I am moving to Houston area in July. Can anyone tell me how far this project has gone in it's development??

I know that the Gardens at Westgreen was just finished and has a couple of tenants already. It's not nearly as large as what Indigo will be but it's a pretty cool looking center with Majesty palm trees and very nice landscaping.

I know that Slick Willies has opened plus a few more tenants. It probably won't get kicking until they finish the segment of freeway from HWY 6 out past Katy Mills Mall. Speaking of freeways I've never seen one constructed so fast as the one I just mentioned. These guys really moved on this one. Makes you wonder why the rest of the contractors on the big segment of the Katy Freeway don't move in the same way.

I guess I forgot to mention that I was in Houston for 1 day a week ago. I also at that time rode past the Gardens at Westgreen, from the Katy frwy it looked very nice. I am currently in Kansas City, Missouri. The landscaping in Houston is wonderful in comparison. But back to subject, I just was looking for the Indigo project but could not locate it.

I guess I forgot to mention that I was in Houston for 1 day a week ago.  I also at that time rode past the Gardens at Westgreen, from the Katy frwy it looked very nice.  I am currently in Kansas City, Missouri. The landscaping in Houston is wonderful in comparison.  But back to subject, I just was looking for the Indigo project but could not locate it.

The only thing I could find was at kpgarchitects.com/hosp.htm. Theres not alot of information other than a general description of the project.

Speaking of Katy, I just found out that a 100 acre lake is now being excavated not far from my house (in Cinco Ranch). From what I understand it's going to be a big retail, dining and entertainment development. I was also told that the same team that designed the Woodlands river walk will be designing this new area in Katy. If all this proposed stuf ends up being completed Katy is going to be swimming in entertainment.

Has anyone heard of this?

I guess I forgot to mention that I was in Houston for 1 day a week ago.  I also at that time rode past the Gardens at Westgreen, from the Katy frwy it looked very nice.  I am currently in Kansas City, Missouri. The landscaping in Houston is wonderful in comparison.  But back to subject, I just was looking for the Indigo project but could not locate it.

All there really is is a sign just before you get to Gardens@Westgreen. I agree that the Gardens@Westgreen does look really nice.

On another note, the Katy Freeway is moving along really fast. The Fry Road overpass is about to be open. I believe that they will complete this segment ahead of time.

The only thing I could find was at kpgarchitects.com/hosp.htm. Theres not alot of information other than a general description of the project.

Speaking of Katy, I just found out that a 100 acre lake is now being excavated not far from my house (in Cinco Ranch). From what I understand it's going to be a big retail, dining and entertainment development. I was also told that the same team that designed the Woodlands river walk will be designing this new area in Katy. If all this proposed stuf ends up being completed Katy is going to be swimming in entertainment.

Has anyone heard of this?

Wow, it seems that Woodlands, Sugarland, Kingwood, Pearland and Katy are all in a fierce competition as these lifestyle centers/town centers are popping up everywhere. Well, that's all good as they can be enjoyed by everyone. And, of course, we all know about close-in projects underway such as those in Memorial City, Uptown, T&C etc. Unfortunately, it seems that things are happening everywhere BUT midtown and downtown. I hope that they establish the required critical mass soon to entice neat retail and entertainment projects.

You know. If they did put these lifestyle centers, and other entertainment centers downtown or midtown. City of Houston going to raise up the taxes downtown and midtown, besides it's alreadu no parking. Hell, look at the parking now. Just imagine they had all that stuff downtown and midtown, the parking will be outlandish. Majority of the Houstonians will still attend places like the Woodlands, Katy, malls, Sugarland, etc, besides downtown and midtown.

All they doing to downtown is building it up for tourrist, not the people that who live here. Take a look at New Orleans. People that live in Orleans don't even step foot on barbon street, or french quarters. It's for tourrist. Downtown and midtown houston is going to be the same.

As I keep saying, the area to really look at is the Washington Avenue / West End corridor. The changes to that corridor over the last four years is astounding, and it's just heating up. The eyesores that are the gutted, empty storefronts from the 60s and 70s are in position to be bought up in droves because the number of residents in that area has trippled since 1999.

I'm interested to see what the upcoming shopping complex slated for Sawyer Street along I-10 will look like.

• 1 month later...

Hey houstonsemipro, about New Orleans, a lot of people live in and around the French Quarter area. While they probably don't frequent the bars, the y often frequent many of the restaurants and stores that aren't meant for tourist. Downtown New Orleans will actually be adding some condo towers similar to Uptown Houston.

• 1 month later...

Archived