Midtown Nightlife - Gold Diggers

Being a single guy in my mid-20's, I always hang around bars/clubs in the midtown area. Now my question is, are most of the women that are in the midtown gold diggers?

I see all these guys driving in nice beamers and benz and I was just wondering if you think some of them are the "30k millionaires" that you guys mentioned in other threads?

Being a single guy in my mid-20's, I always hang around bars/clubs in the midtown area. Now my question is, are most of the women that are in the midtown gold diggers?

I see all these guys driving in nice beamers and benz and I was just wondering if you think some of them are the "30k millionaires" that you guys mentioned in other threads?

Emirate25, You have definetely started a lot of random threads lately, but this one takes the cake so far. What are you talking about?

Midtown is a very happening area these days. There are all types that come down there to party. There is laid back crowd that hits Lil Woodrows, Front Porch, etc. There is the more uppity crowd that hits other places and there used to be a big gay crowd that hit BRB (someone told me that place is not longer that happening). To say that most of the women going to these bars are gold diggers is random as hell. I used to go to lil woodrows all the time. I was 30-33 at the time and I never noticed girls checking me out becuase I drove a 30k car, have a nice watch or lived in a pretty nice townhouse. I think the women that party in midtown are no different thant those to go downtown, to the richmond strip, or party in the burbs. They want to have a good time (whatever floats their boat). There will always be girls looking for well to do fellas, but to thing they are all blinged by 28 year old dudes driving a 30k car is pretty out there.

As for the 30k millionaires, that is what young people do (not all but alot). They get out of college get a pretty good job and think they can afford much more than they can. I spent much of my mid 20's mired in credit card debt. I still spend over my means at times. I think it is more a function of age and maturity than dudes trying to pass off themselves as being wealthy (although that also happens).

Emirate25, You have definetely started a lot of random threads lately, but this one takes the cake so far. What are you talking about?

Midtown is a very happening area these days. There are all types that come down there to party. There is laid back crowd that hits Lil Woodrows, Front Porch, etc. There is the more uppity crowd that hits other places and there used to be a big gay crowd that hit BRB (someone told me that place is not longer that happening). To say that most of the women going to these bars are gold diggers is random as hell. I used to go to lil woodrows all the time. I was 30-33 at the time and I never noticed girls checking me out becuase I drove a 30k car, have a nice watch or lived in a pretty nice townhouse. I think the women that party in midtown are no different thant those to go downtown, to the richmond strip, or party in the burbs. They want to have a good time (whatever floats their boat). There will always be girls looking for well to do fellas, but to thing they are all blinged by 28 year old dudes driving a 30k car is pretty out there.

As for the 30k millionaires, that is what young people do (not all but alot). They get out of college get a pretty good job and think they can afford much more than they can. I spent much of my mid 20's mired in credit card debt. I still spend over my means at times. I think it is more a function of age and maturity than dudes trying to pass off themselves as being wealthy (although that also happens).

I'm not saying that all women in midtown are gold diggers...I was just asking to see what kind people went to the midtown establishments. Thanks for the response.

The Red Door crowd is kind of what you described. All of the guys are in the uniforms (striped button-down shirt untucked, with $200 jeans). Uropa and Hue are the same. But I don't think the women are gold diggers.

I prefer the liad back places Trophy suggested (Front Porch, Woodrows, Kamodos)

I'm not saying that all women in midtown are gold diggers...I was just asking to see what kind people went to the midtown establishments. Thanks for the response.

Sorry if I was ranting. I did not mean to personally attack you. I think I was hungry and jitterying when I wrote that. :wacko:

I've met many young women (25-30) at Red Door that are anything but Gold Diggers. One recent evening, I met a 25 year old female engineer that has her own loft downtown. She can fully support herself and isnt looking for someone to support her.

Will she support me :wub:

I have actually met alot of people from those places and, yes some do have good jobs, but it seems even those people are living week to week. Most that I have met care more about outward appearance, they have a nice car, but no house..hmmmmm maybe try a Honda instead of a Lexus. Komodos is fun though.. cute bartenders (girls).

I have actually met alot of people from those places and, yes some do have good jobs, but it seems even those people are living week to week. Most that I have met care more about outward appearance, they have a nice car, but no house..hmmmmm maybe try a Honda instead of a Lexus. Komodos is fun though.. cute bartenders (girls).

Ouch... I drive a Lexus and i still rent... But I am far from living paycheck to paycheck. I just dont feel that housing in Houston is the best investment for me. Right now, I am living in a Perry Townhome that was built in 2001. My rent is less than the gentlemans mortgage and he even pays the HOA fees for the property. He tried to sell it for a few months, but no buyer's because of all the new construction in the area (why buy a 5 year old home when you can get new for almost the same price?).

So here I am, still renting, but I think I am in a better situation than my landlord in the short term. And I really enjoy my Lexus.

Honestly, living paycheck to paycheck has nothing to do with how much money you make. I have friends that make more than me, and have no savings account to speak of. And even though Im anal and save, save, save, when you are 25, who cares if you are living paycheck to paycheck as long as you are enjoying life.

I was trying to think of the name of that bar yesterday. Komodos is pretty cool. It is owned by the same dude (Charles) who owns Lizzard's Pub and LZ's. Both were once haunts of mine. I have hit Komodos a few times, but I moved to the West side so it is out of the way now.

Ouch... I drive a Lexus and i still rent... But I am far from living paycheck to paycheck. I just dont feel that housing in Houston is the best investment for me. Right now, I am living in a Perry Townhome that was built in 2001. My rent is less than the gentlemans mortgage and he even pays the HOA fees for the property. He tried to sell it for a few months, but no buyer's because of all the new construction in the area (why buy a 5 year old home when you can get new for almost the same price?).

So here I am, still renting, but I think I am in a better situation than my landlord in the short term. And I really enjoy my Lexus.

Honestly, living paycheck to paycheck has nothing to do with how much money you make. I have friends that make more than me, and have no savings account to speak of. And even though Im anal and save, save, save, when you are 25, who cares if you are living paycheck to paycheck as long as you are enjoying life.

It is almost inevitable that young kids right out of school will live paycheck to paycheck. I agree, there is nothing wrong with it for awhile. Owning a home can offer some great benefits, but is not for everyone. I never bought until I was 30. I lived in 6 different places over a 8 year period. All inside the loop, but I got ansy and wanted to move around a bit. I drove a nice car the whole time too. To each his own..

living paycheck to paycheck certainly can have to do with how much you make. there are those that have lower-paying jobs and lots of bills (depends on what the bills are - car, school, babies, whatever - everyone has their own priorities) that make it impossible to save/have extra money.

To each his own..

indeed. again, it's all about priorities.

Um, I'm a single 28-year-old female that frequents all kinds of places in midtown, with my girls - all of whom have college degrees, great jobs, nice cars, and some own their own houses... Never are we out looking for guys with money - we make our own, thanks.

Maybe YOU'RE talking to the wrong kinds of girls???

um, women just like you I imagine. I got news for you buddy, women like to hang out just like men do. that doesn't mean they are out to snag you :rolleyes:

plus, Any gold digger worth her salt would not frequent establishments that are open to everyone and full of young professionals who are just starting out. :D

Um, I'm a single 28-year-old female that frequents all kinds of places in midtown, with my girls - all of whom have college degrees, great jobs, nice cars, and some own their own houses... Never are we out looking for guys with money - we make our own, thanks.

Well you should introduce me to your friends!!

I was at Christains Tailgate last night and it was a great crowd. The only problem... I was 10 years older than most of them. It was $1 beer night so all of the college kids were out. It's kind of bad when you are talking to someone about a movie and she says "Uhh, I was 2 years old at that time", then I say "Well I was a sophmore in high school".

Who f****n cares?

Yo Htowngirl

These friends of yours are single, 28, and own their own homes? By own you mean theyve paid the mortgage off?

If so, a big WOW!

Define home. Do you mean a suburban family home or a condo/townhome in the innercity?

Not to be snoopy, but ive always known women mature faster then men both physically as well as mentally. Women have a much keener sense of reality at a younger age. They realize what is going to benefit them in the long run (as long as emotions arent involved). :rolleyes:

But for a single guy/gal in their 20s to have paid off a family home is exceptional. Some kind of gal!

• The title was changed to Midtown Nightlife - Gold Diggers

Archived