They Say It's Too Loud!

pineda

let the buyer beware.

it's really too bad that people can be swayed by builder's model homes so much that they don't notice a railroad track or airport nearby. (mapquest anyone?)

it's the same with people buying near the pavilion in the woodlands or near the freeway and then complaining about the noise. it cracks me up. they should've done the research before buying.

now, when they push the grand parkway through spring and existing neighborhoods, people will have reason to demand noise reduction consideration. ;)

This is perhaps an unusual approach to common sense but it works for me.

Before you move somewhere, check out the neighborhood. Pretend you live there. Go there late at night, and on weekends. Say hi to people; strike up conversations if you can.

Quality of life means different things to different people. Don't take someone else's word for it. You can do no better than to talk to people who already live in a neighborhood, and decide if this is a place you'd like to live.

Look before you leap.

No, they're not. it's too major of a line.

But what I HAVE heard is that there has been a petition to make it into a "quiet" zone.

What's going to happen is that after a certain time, the trains won't blow their horns. The only major issue is that ALL of the crossings will have to be sure that they work.

That has been a few months ago, but I don't know what the status of it is.

Ricco

Archived