Telfair When Will Homes Be Available?

pganju

Does anyone know when homes in Telfair will be available to purchase? I am very interested in the area. My husband wants to live closer to Hwy 6, he thinks it is a better investment, but I like the layout of Telfair. I saw that they released the builders, but they gave no info on how or when to purchase.

They are starting presales now. AFAIK, the models are under construction, and the sales trailers ar there already(I can see them from 59).

thanks, we have a house in the city. so I don' t get out to first colony much to see what is going on. I think for our daughters suburban living would be a good thing. I miss having parks and swimming pools that we could walk to.

Telfair homes are selling quick and they are taking deposits on lots right now. The website www.mrtelfair.com has all the builders floorplans and prices available. The pre-sales probably will not be completed for another 5-6 months from now.

thanks, we have a house in the city. so I don' t get out to first colony much to see what is going on. I think for our daughters suburban living would be a good thing. I miss having parks and swimming pools that we could walk to.

The location is excellent and the community should be very nice. However, beware of train whistles coming from 90 & Hwy 6. It's one of the busiest railroad train crossings in Texas. I used to live in Chelsea Harbour which is about 2 miles from the 90 & Hwy 6. I'm speaking from experience. If you can get used to train noises or the homesites you are interested are far away from the intersection, you should be fine.

^^^^

Oh, and yes. Don't forget that you're right in the landing path of Sugar Land airport. That will be both a noise issue, and perhaps an additional home insurance policy issue.

^^^^

Oh, and yes. Don't forget that you're right in the landing path of Sugar Land airport. That will be both a noise issue, and perhaps an additional home insurance policy issue.

Is that require additional home insurance policy issue??

I just bought one and the house is in the landing path?

Is that require additional home insurance policy issue??

I just bought one and the house is in the landing path?

The airport runways are just north (50 ft.?) of the railroad tracks at 90 & Hwy 6. The houses built in Telfair near the intersection will be in the flight path during descent and takeoff. I guess the previous reply was concerned about plane crashes. I'm not sure how that affects the home insurance policy premium. What are the chances? Anyway, I had forgotten about that plane noise. I did indeed hear some when I was living in Chelsea Harbour.

• 2 weeks later...
The airport runways are just north (50 ft.?) of the railroad tracks at 90 & Hwy 6. The houses built in Telfair near the intersection will be in the flight path during descent and takeoff. I guess the previous reply was concerned about plane crashes. I'm not sure how that affects the home insurance policy premium. What are the chances? Anyway, I had forgotten about that plane noise. I did indeed hear some when I was living in Chelsea Harbour.

For buyers that do not know,

there is a prison grave yard on the property as well, therefore beware of your plot purchase. They should be making you aware of this, but you know how that goes...

Where can I find out where the prison grave is? I just put a contract out on a new house...

Thanks,

Chuckie

For buyers that do not know,

there is a prison grave yard on the property as well, therefore beware of your plot purchase. They should be making you aware of this, but you know how that goes...

Another thing about Telfair, though; the starting prices are about 100k above similar developments nearby, for the same housing.

An example:

Newmark Homes at Greatwood Forest: from the 270s up.

Newmark Homes in Telfair: From around 380 up.

Where can I find out where the prison grave is? I just put a contract out on a new house...

Thanks,

Chuckie

Chuckie, if you look on Google Earth (or Google satellite maps) you can see an access road that runs directly north from the old prison farm admin buildings to the intersection of SH-6 and 90-A. Follow that about 3/4 of the way up, just over the second creek, you can see a small plot on the left with a white-roofed hut. I believe that is the grave site. Before the construction started you used to be able to see a large white cross from 90-A.

Anyway the grave is in the tract of land north of the re-routed New Territory Blvd. I don't think they've released those plots for sale yet (at least, they haven't even laid out the roads in that area yet).

• 2 weeks later...
Prison graves? Bah.. Who cares. I'm pretty sure there's something dead & buried under most our homes. Why bother worrying about something that's not going to bother you?

I don't think houses are being built where the graveyard is. There is a large area being used as parks because it's so close to the runway and I'm pretty sure that is where the graveyard is.

I don't think houses are being built where the graveyard is. There is a large area being used as parks because it's so close to the runway and I'm pretty sure that is where the graveyard is.

I just checked the land use plan (http://www.telfair.com/downloads/TelfairMasterPlanCOSLApproved12-07-04.pdf)

Take a look in the top rightcorner. The graveyard is in an area that will not be developed and it's in their land use plan, meaning it's staying where they found it as far as I know.

They're leaving that big park there because of the 65 DNL sound level of planes taking off and landing. The houses will be in the quieter areas though.

• 2 months later...
The location is excellent and the community should be very nice. However, beware of train whistles coming from 90 & Hwy 6. It's one of the busiest railroad train crossings in Texas. I used to live in Chelsea Harbour which is about 2 miles from the 90 & Hwy 6. I'm speaking from experience. If you can get used to train noises or the homesites you are interested are far away from the intersection, you should be fine.

What did you think of Chelsea Harbour? I am thinking of buy a home there. My only concern is that it is too isolated. I don't know much about the schools there either. You thoughts. Thanks.

• The title was changed to Telfair When Will Homes Be Available?

Archived