Lake Pointe Town Center is located in First Colony at the northwest corner of US 59 & Hwy 6 in Sugar Land, Texas. Construction has begun on this 186 acre mixed-use development which will include:

Lake Pointe Village Shopping Center ( 250,000 s.f.)

Upscale restaurants (approx. 11 sites)

Class A Office & Medical space (approx. 1.0 million s.f.)

Residential (patio homes, villas, brownstones and midrise condominiums)

This pedestrian friendly development has the luxury of walkways along Oyster Creek. Many of the restaurants and residential lots will have waterviews. Upscale shopping at Lake Pointe Village is within walking distance for the residents of this area. There is also an extensive amount of office and medical spaces in this all inclusive mixed use center.

Planned Community Developers, Ltd. is the developer of First Colony, Lake Pointe Town Center, Sugar Land Town Square, River

Edited by stan the man

• 3 weeks later...

this looks impressive. i'm interested to see if the pedestrian activity is limited to the brooks lake and oyster creek boardwalk/pedestrian trail or if it (pedestrian activity) is interconnected with the entire development. one of the issues i have with the woodlands town center is that pedestrian interconnectivity is limited in areas. i hope that lake point makes the extra effort to make it truly pedestrian friendly.

Congratulations Sugarland for getting a nice beautiful town center in your lovely wannabe-Woodlands edge city in "new houston", while the city of Houston continues to deteriorate into a crime wasteland.

Pure, unadulterated genius. :blink:

I don't know, Bachanon, I was just having an extremely bad day, and happened to be on here reading at the same time.

But here is where I draw that connection. Hopefully this makes sense. The problems with Houston do have a lot to do with the "new houston" suburbia being so nice and being given the most attention from economic developers. That makes "new houston" what home seekers refer to as "desirable", and causes the old Houston areas minus the inner loop to become ring rot and havens for criminals, illegals, and new residents (non-houstonians) from all over America who came to Houston post-9/11 because it's very cheap now, and these very same people tend to be horrible drivers. I don't know what happened to all the midwesterners and yuppies who moved to Houston during the dot-com boom (95-99). I know I'm making generalizations, but I've seen the patterns as I've watched my neighborhood right at Beltway 8 change a lot since it was built in 1995.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know, Bachanon, I was just having an extremely bad day, and happened to be on here reading at the same time.

But here is where I draw that connection. Hopefully this makes sense. The problems with Houston do have a lot to do with the "new houston" suburbia being so nice and being given the most attention from economic developers. That makes "new houston" what home seekers refer to as "desirable", and causes the old Houston areas minus the inner loop to become ring rot and havens for criminals, illegals, and new residents (non-houstonians) from all over America who came to Houston post-9/11 because it's very cheap now, and these very same people tend to be horrible drivers. I don't know what happened to all the midwesterners and yuppies who moved to Houston during the dot-com boom (95-99). I know I'm making generalizations, but I've seen the patterns as I've watched my neighborhood right at Beltway 8 change a lot since it was built in 1995.

Sort of what happened in all major cities. I've been reading this book called Privatopia that is the history of homeowners associations (a-holes). It's pretty interesting. The part I just read talks about how much damage the suburbs have done on all cities by moving a lot of the middle and upper class (and their tax dollars) out of the cities and into these little private suburban kingdoms. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the book, but so far I'd recommend it. The funny thing is that it's 10 years old and everything it talks about is still true today.

does anyone have a website link to the developer?

any details on the residential plans?

i would love to buy....

http://www.pcdltd.com/

Not too many details out there yet. Just the same old renderings and such that have been there for over a year. I can see driving by it that the infrastructure is coming along and the offices are popping up fast.

Comerica Bank recently opened at the southeast corner of Fluor Daniel Dr and State Highway 6. And around Lifetime Fitness, there a lot of new professional buildings going up. I should also mention that the beginning portions of the entry roads leading into the future residential neighborhoods of Lake Pointe have already sprouted up...but only the main road where the retail center will be developed has popped up so far.

Grid system? How would you suggest implementing one on this particular site?

Well, they are building it from scratch, so it is up to the planners. It is proven research that grid neighborhoods with small blocks improve pedestrian activity.

Well, they are building it from scratch, so it is up to the planners. It is proven research that grid neighborhoods with small blocks improve pedestrian activity.

Yeah...but that's best implemented in areas without natural boundaries. This is a funky shape and is too narrow in most places to support a grid. You'll find that in urban planning, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all brightline rule.

• 2 years later...
Scheduled for completion in the first quarter of 2009, phase two of the development will include the expansion of the existing Whole Foods-anchored shopping center and the addition of two freestanding buildings, providing room for an additional 43,539 sf of retail and restaurant tenants. Azuma Sushi & Robata Bar, Five Guys Burgers & Fries and Mission Burritos will all occupy space in this second phase.

lockmat, I've been driving by this corner every day wondering what is going in there. Thank you for posting this information! I've never heard of Azuma but the other two sound promising...

There's an Azuma in the ground floor of the Baylor bldg/garage off of Fannin/Main in the TMC, if I am not mistaken.

• 14 years later...

https://communityimpact.com/houston/sugar-land-missouri-city/city-county/2023/04/12/sugar-land-finalizes-plan-for-370-unit-mixed-use-complex-dubbed-the-pearl/

251058.jpg&w=900&q=95&f=jpg

"A final development plan for the Pearl, a new five-story 370 unit multifamily residential development for “young professionals” that will include office space and a dog park at Lake Pointe Town Center was approved by the Sugar Land Planning and Zoning Commission during their regular meeting April 11.

The proposed development will lie along Creek Bend Drive south of Fluor Daniel Drive and promises to include 9,600 square feet of flexible co-working office space, 4,425 square feet of meeting space, and 12,000 square feet for a leasing office, fitness and gaming center and a cafe/coffee shop on the ground floor as well as five “live-work units.”

The residential units will be single and two-bedroom and will spread over 6.5 acres, according to documents submitted by the developer, Morgan Group. One thing missing from the development are retail options, which city staff point out is due to deed restrictions on the property."

• Like 3