Post Midtown Square: Mixed-Used In Midtown

SpaceCity

http://houston.cultu...-new-complexes/

"Archstone has broken ground on a new complex that will contain 474 units on the northeast corner of North Braeswood and Brompton Road. It's on the site of the former Houston Scottish Rite Temple, which was demolished in 2008 in order to make room for a developer.

Already Hines has announced plans to build a mid-rise apartment complex near the Galleria, part of its new focus on multi-family real estate.

Apartment giants Greystar Real Estate Partners and Camden Property Trust are also said to be in the planning process on new developments.

Post Properties announced last week that the company will break ground on the third phase of the Post Midtown Square, a mixed-use mid-rise development. One hundred 24 new apartments should be ready to add to the existing structures in the second half of 2012.

The Dinerstein Companies is expected to break ground by July 1 on its third Millennium apartment complex in Houston, a "boutique" complex with 237 units on McCue, just north of the Galleria. Partner Brian Dinerstein told the Houston Business Journal in April that the complex will be pedestrian-friendly and should be certified LEED Silver. The Millennium Galleria apartment are scheduled for completion in 2013.

Tell us: do you think the influx of high-end apartment complexes a good thing or a bad thing for Houston?"

Edited by DrLan34

i saw some land surveyors on the site today... H Town is going crazy with apartment development these days

Yeah, Nancy said she predicts apartment development to really get busy. I wonder what correlation there is to home leaeses. She also mentioned in a recent article that home leases were way up.

From Bisnow http://www.bisnow.co...ory.php?p=15795

I think the second property they are talking about is Richmond Landing.

"Post will be one of the first developers out of the ground in this cycle in Houston, Bart tells us. The two Houston projects include a third phase in Midtown at Post Midtown Square (rendered) and a yet-to-be named development on Richmond in the Montrose area. “We like the inner West Loop with its broader area to the Galleria, Medical Center, CBD, and Greenway,” David says. The Houston projects will start later this year or early next year."

Edited by DrLan34

Tell us: do you think the influx of high-end apartment complexes a good thing or a bad thing for Houston?"

Not necessarily good or bad, as much as a knock-on effect from the continuing weakness in single family residential construction. Developers feel believe the money to be made is now in apartment complexes. Where I think it is a bad thing for Houston in the long run is if apartment density grows too great in a given neighborhood.

For grins and giggles, I stopped by the future location and took two sets of pics. One panorama via my camera and one via a new software thing by microsoft.

Warning, the first one is done by the software and large, and turns out, disappointing. But it captures what it looks like now.

th_DSC00331panorama.jpg

th_DSC00325.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The cross roads are really used by the church members and are a major pain in the rear. It looks like they are going to keep the road and have the building go over it (based on the road work I've seen them complete). And yes, the little old lady (very nice by the way) has no intention of moving - and they offered her a substantial amount of money to do so. It's going to look odd - maybe. Personally, I think they are building the western end first and hoping she will get fed up with all the construction and decide to sell in the end. That property value is going to be cut in half (at least) once built around. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Post Midtown Phase IV will begin Summer of 2012. It will include apartments and parking according to the contact on the varience request. Seems quite small for all that on that small triangular piece of land...

That is a rather small patch, I wonder if the parking is going to be extended across the street? I'd like to get my hands on those renderings.

• 5 weeks later...