Fish City Grill

ProHouston

Fish City Grill, an import from Dallas, is now open in Town Square. This appears to be the first of many locations outside of Dallas, there is also one planned for Buffalo Speedway. Has anybody tried this place yet? The website makes it sound like a good fit for the square, hip and casual.

There is also another restaurant mentioned that is coming soon, Amici's. Has anyone heard of this? I searched for it but couldn't find anything that mentioned a spot in Sugar Land opening. It's got a great location, right across from the Marriott and the Square.

I tried it last weekend and it fits very well in the Square. It is a casual sit down restaurant with a bar. We had their signature fish sandwich and fish tacos... They were both pretty good. The prices weren't bad and the atmosphere was nice. They added the outdoor patio area also, so it adds some life to the sidewalks.

I don't know much about Amici's other than what I saw in one of those Fort Bend magazines I get in the mail frequently. It looks like a couple of relatively well known restaurant guys are starting this upscale italian restaurant with outdoor seating as well. It sounded like a menu similar to Pregos in Rice Village.

On a side note, I have also tried both of the new "express" restaurants across from the new mall expansion, Salsaritas and Wolfgang Puck Express. They are both very good and inexpensive. I am big fan of Cafe Express, but I think Wolfgang is quite a bit better. Salsaritas is a burrito place similar to Chipotle, but has more options and is less expensive. Salsaritas is the closest I have found to Freebirds... too bad it is rarely crowded.

We just lucked into Fish City Grill the night it opened. All food was free as were wines and beers, and the personal service was very good.. They encouraged everyone to order 2 orders of everything. Of course, that made it excellent. We especially liked the calamari appetizer, the grilled trout, and the spicy "shrimp cocktail" in a tall glass. Very unusual!

Regards,

Jodie

I went for lunch and found it very usual. Of course, mine wasn't free.

It was good, if unremarkable. It reminds me of a small version of Rockfish Grill -- even the "fish tacos" which aren't the Baja kind I like, but rather fish burritos, in flour tortillas, instead, were very similar.

I found the service intrusive -- too much asking if I wanted more tea, when the glass was 3/4 full, too much asking if everything was okay. I was trying to speak to a business partner about an account and it was hard to keep the discussion on track.

The food was pretty good, though. Nothing special. It's about what you'd expect from Dallas seafood -- Disney-fied and middle-of-the-road, so as to agree with the masses.

I went for lunch and found it very usual. Of course, mine wasn't free.

It was good, if unremarkable. It reminds me of a small version of Rockfish Grill -- even the "fish tacos" which aren't the Baja kind I like, but rather fish burritos, in flour tortillas, instead, were very similar.

I found the service intrusive -- too much asking if I wanted more tea, when the glass was 3/4 full, too much asking if everything was okay. I was trying to speak to a business partner about an account and it was hard to keep the discussion on track.

The food was pretty good, though. Nothing special. It's about what you'd expect from Dallas seafood -- Disney-fied and middle-of-the-road, so as to agree with the masses.

Ummm dal ?........... That's their job, they have been instructed by the M.O.D. to be that way. You should take your clients to Red Lobster if you don't wish to be bothered, those guys never come around unless it is to give you the check. :D

I "stumbled" into Fish City Grill on my way to Baker Street Bar and Grill. What a pleasant surprise...the sandwich board "enticed" me with a 7 day happy hour. I went in to drink...I came out a food fan! The owner (Dave) was all over the place, you can tell he has passion for this business. He brought an "oyster nacho" to me...I couldn't say no, Low and behold....it was awesome! NEVER have I walked out of a place feeling like "I want to "walk back in" as Fish City. Please keep your standards, Houston needs a fun, cozy and sexy little seafood joint.

OK, dude, we get it. You've only made three posts on this forum, and all three have been humping the owner of Fish City's leg. And No, I'm not driving all the way to a fake downtown in Sugarland to try a hip, trendy, fun, cozy, casual...oh yeah, and sexy restaurant.

I hope you get the promotion, though. <_<

Archived