Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center At 2805 Business Center Dr.

CONTRARY to what the big freaking sign on the store says (OPENING NOV. 7), the store has apparently opened tonight.

I just drove by, and there's an absolutely massive crowd.

I'm not sure if it opened, but I doubt it. The lot has been packed all day long. They have been prepping the store and seemed to be filming or taking photos this afternoon. My guess is that it's a pre-opening celebration by invitation only.

I went in yesterday and it was a madhouse. I ended up parking behing the store because there weren't any available parking spots upon my initial inspection and there were so many cars queuing up to find spots in front of the store.

Once I made it in, I absolutely love this store. It's a very open concept compared to the Central Market off Westheimer and the HEB in Miss. City. Very large, wide aisles, which with the mass of humanity in that store was very accomodating. Furniture and home section are smaller versions of what you'd find in a Wal-Mart SuperCenter with pretty nice prices. Fruit section was just like the HEB in MC, fish section was huge. They do have the homemade tortillas like CM, to go along with the very nice bakery section. Entertainment section in the back right corner had off-brand HDTV's, movies, music, and video games. There was also a $1 a day DVD rental machine.

Once I made my back to the front of the store, I checked out the nicely done magazine/book section. At the checkout area, every single lane was open, and every single lane had AT LEAST 5 people in line. It's a good thing I wasn't there to purchase anything, it looked like a 15 minute wait to get in.

I'll take the family sometime this weekend, hopefully the craziness will have subsided by then!

Beer selection stinks. (very few micro brews like most HEBs have)

Wine by end of year.

Steak prices are ABSURD.

Seafood selection is pretty good.

Produce is pretty awesome.

Cafe on the run, bakery, cheese / deli, sushi is pretty cool.

Furniture / home stuffs / electronics are kind of crappy.

It's not a grocery store..it's a show.

The prices sucked...almost everything is more expensive than other HEB's and the Walmart across the street.

The only item I found was cheaper, is milk.

Since Walmart won't be as crowded..i'll keep doing my shopping there so I can get in & out quickly & not get distracted by the Cooking Connection chefs & everyone else that has a mic, screaming into the crowd.

Edited by dizzyedge

Went today for the first time..... I agree with many here; I was expecting more. Selection is pretty amazing, and I am sure they will get better with time. Did not think that prices were that bad, of course people are comparing them to Wal-Mart and not Randalls/Kroger.

Cafe on the Run looks Ok, will have to try it, same with the Sushi. Floorplan is quite complicated and the Bakery seemed to be out of place in the middle of the store. I agree that in comparison, Super Target is a better shopping experience than HEB Plus (For now).

Is it me or the parking lot seems small for such a large store.

interesting that the prices are being referred to as higher(i don't agree). like Chamo mentioned, i'm comparing to Krogers. I've often felt Target's grocery prices ran on the high end. So there was no sticker shock to me. I too don't think the experience is worth the crowd right now. Hopefully people will get over the fascination and it will become a more norm shopping experience. if not i guess i'll shop there at midnite :blink:

sidenote: i did try the asiago cheese bread from the bakery and the lasagna from the Cafe on the Run. BOTH delish!

bottled water was $2.99 for a 32 pack! that was an amazing savings

• 4 weeks later...

The Beer Guy at HEB told me yesterday that HEB will be getting their new liquor license on 12/20 or 12/21 at which point they will be able to greatly increase their beer selection. I was unaware that the current laws prohibited quantity (and thus quality) of beer. Absolutely fascinating to me. Or maybe it's certain brands that are deemed inappropriate for the general population? I don't know. But the beer guy seemed pretty stoked about this and was telling everyone who was pondering the beer selection choices.

I don't know if they'll be able to sell wine the same day or not. My priority was beer last night and wine slipped my mind.

Thanks for the update on the beer. I've been trying to find the beer/wine manager when I'm in there to ask him what the deal is. ALL the other HEBs in this state have VERY solid beer selections, so I was pretty stunned w/ the selection to this point. To make matters worse, the liquor store near work stopped carrying the only brand I would buy from them - Bridgeport.

In fact, they don't carry a SINGLE IPA in the entire store.

I'm hoping for Bridgeport, Full Sail, and Sierra Nevada selections. That will make me happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Although I'm not in the Pearland area, I'm not only jealous of H-E-B Plus stores but the fact that they'll be adding what I've heard is a pretty good Greek restaurant there (for what it's worth, one of my cousins/good friends lives in Pearland). Anyone know what it's replacing in the store? [EDIT: Is the Auntie Anne's Pretzels? Yelp seems to indicate they were there at least as of 2009]

Edited by IronTiger

• The title was changed to McDonald's Now Open At FM 518
  • 3 weeks later...

Eight Turn Crepe leased 1,650 SF  at Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center located at Hwy 288 and 518/Broadway in Pearland. The landlord was represented by Brandon Schawe of Edens and the Tenant was represented by Wes Miller of  Wulfe & Co.

https://realtynewsreport.com/rnr-real-estate-briefs-hou-aus-dal-sat-and-more-7/

• The title was changed to Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center Developments
  • The title was changed to Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center At 2805 Business Center Dr.