help from someone who is going to relocate in houston in the first week of august

kikos

Hello dear friends,

great work on that site,..congratulations :-)

I am going to move in houston in the first week of august.

I will be a graduate student in the UofH and working in a tmedical lab.

I am from greece and i have been searching around for apartments etc..

I would like to find an apartment (1-1) with no more than 700$ including all utilities around rice university.

Maybe between rice university and west university.

Some people that I had talked to told me that this is a really nice area...

I would like to find a place where crime is avoided (even though this is hard since houston is a huge city).

Could you please guide me?

I am thinking about the area between rice university, museum district and west university..

What do you think?? Do you know any nice gated communities in these areas?

thank you for your help

regards,

kikos

Hello dear friends,

great work on that site,..congratulations :-)

I am going to move in houston in the first week of august.

I will be a graduate student in the UofH and working in a tmedical lab.

I am from greece and i have been searching around for apartments etc..

I would like to find an apartment (1-1) with no more than 700$ including all utilities around rice university.

I would like to find a place where crime is avoided (even though this is hard since houston is a huge city).

I am thinking about the area between rice university, museum district and west university..

thank you for your help

regards,

kikos

Welcome to Houston :) Have you ever visited Houston before?

Welcome to Houston :) Have you ever visited Houston before?

Hello

Yes..Once in november 2005.

But it was for a job and I stayed there for only 4 days.

so i did not see many things

thanks for the welcome..

help ?? :D

thanks

kikos

first, rehearse by sitting by your oven on high for a few weeks. August is a rough time to come for first exposure.

That area can be expensive, but you might be able to find something. I would recommend an apartment locator or even a realtor. Good Luck!!!

welcome to the forum, with your price and area constraints, you might have a difficult time finding a place. The Rice/WestU area is sought after here as well so something for 700/all bills paid would definitely go quickly. you might just do something month to month til you actually find something.

I would check out craigslist also. I know some students at U of H who live near Rice who went through craigslist. If you don't mind living in a one bedroom apartment, it should not be that hard. As someone already mentioned I am sure they go quick.

Here is a listing for example:

http://houston.craigslist.org/apa/161230524.html

craigslist is godsent. :D I am moving to San Francisco in a few weeks and I was extremely nervous because of my fear of moving to the most expensive city in the nation and I did not want to live with the parents while I was in school. I checked out a few listings and I have found my place. That looks like a good listing above but be aware that looks can be deceiving. I found that out this week when looking at some places, but I found one that fits me. Good luck.

I would check out craigslist also. I know some students at U of H who live near Rice who went through craigslist. If you don't mind living in a one bedroom apartment, it should not be that hard. As someone already mentioned I am sure they go quick.

Here is a listing for example:

http://houston.craigslist.org/apa/161230524.html

i think that apartment is on chelsea or portland - in the triangle between montose, main, and 59.

i have always liked those large old 30's and 40's apartment buildings in there. just my illusion to what it would be like to live in a flat in england. it wouldnt be a bad spot to live.

i think that apartment is on chelsea or portland - in the triangle between montose, main, and 59.

i have always liked those large old 30's and 40's apartment buildings in there. just my illusion to what it would be like to live in a flat in england. it wouldnt be a bad spot to live.

i LOVE the art deco one...now my moving instinct is in full throttle :wacko:

Archived