Interfaith Ministries At 3217 Montrose Blvd.

HoustonMidtown

My realtor just called to tell me that she was told Interfaith Ministries (on the corner of Lovett and Montrose) is being torn down and "high-end" shopping (whatever that means!!) is going to be built.....

I can't say I'll miss that place if this is true.....

Right next door, La Mora restaurant was torn down over the last couple of days for the new townhomes going up....

I wonder what she means by "high end."

Any opinions about what kind of retail Montrose needs? I'd say another full grocery store would be nice, as an alternative to that grungy Kroger.

I wonder what she means by "high end."

Any opinions about what kind of retail Montrose needs? I'd say another full grocery store would be nice, as an alternative to that grungy Kroger.

A grocery store would be nice, but there is the Kroger on West Gray and the Randall's on Sheppard. The interfaith plot is not big enough for a Grocery store. I am not sure why high end should go there. That corner is one of the grungiest in Houston although very ecclectic at the same time.

i don't think anybody is going to miss interfaith, now if only covenant house could go away too. I always thought if they really wanted to do the right thing and help out they should sell that property and they could a build a million dollar facility in a cheaper part of town.

My realtor just called to tell me that she was told Interfaith Ministries (on the corner of Lovett and Montrose) is being torn down and "high-end" shopping (whatever that means!!) is going to be built.....

I can't say I'll miss that place if this is true.....

Right next door, La Mora restaurant was torn down over the last couple of days for the new townhomes going up....

U080570,

Your Realtor also said that 3400 Montrose (home of the SkyBar) was going to be torn down to make way for a new high rise (subject of another thread in "Going Up!"), but I haven't heard anymore regarding that rumor. Have you?

I live one block down from Interfaith, so I'll be eager to see if your Realtor's claims turn out to be valid.

Should be interesting to see how that site is configured, and if other buildings are slated for the wrecking ball. Where's the parking going to go? And is that alley between Montrose and Stanford still an active right of way?

MORE grocery stores??? You have Randalls, ghetto Kroger, the BEST Fiesta on the plant, Kroger on West Gray and you can skip to Whole Foods and CM. I miss how easy the grocery shopping was in Montrose. It is a pain in the Heights!

I do wonder what will go in there. There is already high end shopping pretty close by...

MORE grocery stores??? You have Randalls, ghetto Kroger, the BEST Fiesta on the plant, Kroger on West Gray and you can skip to Whole Foods and CM. I miss how easy the grocery shopping was in Montrose. It is a pain in the Heights!

I do wonder what will go in there. There is already high end shopping pretty close by...

yeah, and it is such a busy intersection/area as it is

and i have a special place in my heart for disco kroger :wub::D

U080570,

Your Realtor also said that 3400 Montrose (home of the SkyBar) was going to be torn down to make way for a new high rise (subject of another thread in "Going Up!"), but I haven't heard anymore regarding that rumor. Have you?

I live one block down from Interfaith, so I'll be eager to see if your Realtor's claims turn out to be valid.

It is still a go from what Im told...someone else on here said Scott confirmed his townhome (directly behind 3400 Montrose) had been sold....there's gonna be alot of action on that stretch of Montrose (the new high-rise just down the street also) in the next year if all these rumors are true !!

When I was in college at UH, if someone mentioned one of 3 Kroger's, we always knew which one they meant. (And I'm guessing that folks on this forum will know as well.)

There was Disco Kroger (already been mentioned), Combat Kroger and Kro-gay.

• 1 month later...
It is still a go from what Im told...someone else on here said Scott confirmed his townhome (directly behind 3400 Montrose) had been sold....there's gonna be alot of action on that stretch of Montrose (the new high-rise just down the street also) in the next year if all these rumors are true !!

Any updates on the future of Interfaith Ministries? They've already leveled La Mora, next door. But Interfaith is still open for business as usual. Anyways, I live one block down, so I'm very curious to know if anyone's heard of definite plans??

Lovett19

Any updates on the future of Interfaith Ministries? They've already leveled La Mora, next door. But Interfaith is still open for business as usual. Anyways, I live one block down, so I'm very curious to know if anyone's heard of definite plans??

Lovett19

I haven't heard anything lately - let me do some inquiring !!

When I was in college at UH, if someone mentioned one of 3 Kroger's, we always knew which one they meant. (And I'm guessing that folks on this forum will know as well.)

There was Disco Kroger (already been mentioned), Combat Kroger and Kro-gay.

Disco Kroger on Montrose

Combat Kroger on Cullen and Polk

I still use these names when referring to these two Kroger stores, e.g. "I'm going down to Combat to pick up some beer. If I'm not back in ten minutes, call the cops."

Buy Kro-gay? I'm afraid I've never heard that one. Is that the West Gray Kroger?

Disco Kroger on Montrose

Combat Kroger on Cullen and Polk

I still use these names when referring to these two Kroger stores, e.g. "I'm going down to Combat to pick up some beer. If I'm not back in ten minutes, call the cops."

Buy Kro-gay? I'm afraid I've never heard that one. Is that the West Gray Kroger?

No, Kro-gay typically refers to the Montrose Kroger located on Montrose @ Hawthorne. Kinda like calling JC Penney "Jacques Pen-nay". But it's funnier, because it's in Montrose, which is why they also call it Disco Kroger. Okay, I've beaten this horse to death.

p.s. I've gotta remember the Combat Kroger! Too funny.

No, Kro-gay typically refers to the Montrose Kroger located on Montrose @ Hawthorne. Kinda like calling JC Penney "Jacques Pen-nay". But it's funnier, because it's in Montrose, which is why they also call it Disco Kroger. Okay, I've beaten this horse to death.

Not quite: Kruisy Kroger! :D

• 10 years later...

This sure is bringing up an old thread -- I just ate at Snooze restaurant which is in the old Interfaith Ministries building - really good breakfast !!

http://swamplot.com/snooze-ready-to-distribute-hair-of-the-dog-from-former-interfaith-ministries-building-on-montrose-blvd/2016-07-18/

(Some old rumors came true and some didn't !!)

o.jpg

• The title was changed to Interfaith Ministries To Be Torn Down
  • The title was changed to Interfaith Ministries At 3217 Montrose Blvd.

Archived