Interesting Article

very interesting.

there is plenty food for thought there. it's nice to see that houston is "on the radar".

as i was reading the article, i thought to myself.........."didn't johnny depp and madonna move to europe because it was more progressive than the US?". ;)

our founders were ahead of their time. europe still hasn't figured it out.

hmmm, I wonder if this is posted over at SSP and SSC?

if it was...then im sure its already been met with the greatest and utmost respect for houston and all of our urban-ness. that site is a mecca of forward thinking and intellectual discussion, it might as well be considered the resource for all urban matters.

on a more serious note, the article from the NY times was somewhat of a surprise for me. its very refreshing to hear such things about houston coming from an outsider, even more so a new york outsider.

two steps forward........

just when the winds of change seemed to be sweeping through houston, Joel A. blows into town. i was going to post this in the sports section, but it fits here so much better.

this guy must be sleeping with barry bonds.

a taste of the article:

There is nothing positive or legit about Astros fans and very little to like about the city of Houston. Enron, hellish traffic, awful weather, a horrible college football program and drum-roll please . . . No Reggie Bush!

The Astros have never won anything, going to the World Series last year only to be swept. The Oilers left town, eventually replaced by the awful Texans.

What's that, the Rockets won NBA titles? Why yes they did, when the NBA was at an all-time low. Along with the Baltimore Ravens in football and the Arizona Diamondbacks in baseball, the Rockets were some of the worst world champions -- ever.

Dallas is classy and cool, San Antonio is funky, charming, historic and has maybe the best Mexican food on the planet. Austin is outrageous tunes and tons of fun.

Houston? The town smells bad. Maybe it's because it's always wet or hot. The worst stop on the PGA Tour is in Houston, sponsored by a greedy oil company.

full article

two steps forward........

just when the winds of change seemed to be sweeping through houston, Joel A. blows into town. i was going to post this in the sports section, but it fits here so much better.

this guy must be sleeping with barry bonds.

a taste of the article:

full article

I can understand someone not liking Houston, but this guy is full of crap. His biased statements like, "Houston's always hot" are rediculous at best. At least have some accuracy in your statements.

What's always been strange to me is the fact that people have an animosity toward Houston unlike anyplace I've seen. Further, it seems as if there's a passion in there words when hating on us. Wonder why?

I can understand someone not liking Houston, but this guy is full of crap. His biased statements like, "Houston's always hot" are rediculous at best. At least have some accuracy in your statements.

What's always been strange to me is the fact that people have an animosity toward Houston unlike anyplace I've seen. Further, it seems as if there's a passion in there words when hating on us. Wonder why?

They are envious. Cannot stand to see a place that in the eyes of many, mainly in the NY and NE USA areas, is nothing more than a bunch of redneck cowboys. To them and many non native Houstonians, they have the erroneous idea that the cowboy and cowboy image equal redneck. When they see its not the case, its painful for them. So continue to stand tall and stand proud, you and many others know this isnt a crappy or bad place to live.

PS. dont go around telling others too much about how nice things actually are here, they may come in and disrupt our great big secret :) :) :) :)

Never take a sports "journalist's" words seriously concerning anything. While I personally agree with the writer that the "standing ovation" thing made Astros fans (or any group of fans, for that matter) look like goobers, all that other crap was just that: crap; filler to finish out what's become a popular type of article to write.

• 1 month later...

So they are saying that Euro cities are crumbling? 9% are they that damn racist? I thought europe was suppose to be so progressive,liberal & chic

So they are saying that Euro cities are crumbling? 9% are they that damn racist? I thought europe was suppose to be so progressive,liberal & chic

Archived