Briar Lake Village: Shopping Center At Beltway 8 At Briar Forrest Dr.

Metronational is almost finished their new 40,000+ shopping center at Briar Forest and BW8 across from Revere Middle School. I am very excited since I live in Walnut Bend which is a stones throw away. My wife and I have a bet on what services are going in there and what will eventually be on the pad sites. There is no question that 1 or 2 bank buildings will occupy the pads. Hopefully a non fast food restuarant will take the other pad(s). As for inline tenants. I am fully expecting a Hair Place (Supercuts, Fantastic Sams, etc etc). There will be a nail saloon for sure. Probably one that is also a mini day spa. I think a Starbucks would be ideal in that location. I can not think of another one on Briar Forest. I am sure there will be a kolache factory or some other chain. There is no doubt that a dry cleaner (Pilgrim or MW) will be a part of the center. I have not seen anything about potential tenants, but I my knowledge of Metronational is that they do not half ass anything, so I suspect tenants will be filling it up quickly.

I would love to see an upscale pub go in there. It seems to me that all the pubs around the Westchase area are tired and worn out. I would like to see a fresh and clean establishment and that location would be solid (unless there a rule about being across the street from the school??)

At any rate, I have rambled on long enough. Anyone know any concrete leasing information on that site? I would love to know what is going in there. Thanks.

MetroNational Retail Development

• 1 month later...
Darnit. I was hoping someone knew something about this center.

Fingers crossed for a fun wine bar or a pub. maybe a Wine Pub.

Well, I don't have much info, but I am new to the Walnut Bend neighborhood, Sec 7, so I'm looking forward to the same things, maybe a good barber shop, and a bar. I have heard that Palazzo's is opening a location there. It came through second hand source, but this seems like a good location for them, and they have great food. I wouldn't mind a good breakfast place too. If anyone else has any ideas of what's going in there, please post for us who live there, thanks.

Well, I don't have much info, but I am new to the Walnut Bend neighborhood, Sec 7, so I'm looking forward to the same things, maybe a good barber shop, and a bar. I have heard that Palazzo's is opening a location there. It came through second hand source, but this seems like a good location for them, and they have great food. I wouldn't mind a good breakfast place too. If anyone else has any ideas of what's going in there, please post for us who live there, thanks.

I have also heard that the entire second story is going to be utilized by a home builder for offices and a show-room.. WHAT A WASTE. Hopefully that is not the case.

Other rumors I have heard - Kolache Factory, Red Onion Cafe, and I have also heard Palazzo's name being thrown around.

The center is finished. I drive by everyday looking for signs of interior finish out. None yet.

If it were all about me they'de be building a Wachovia there. The closest one is at Kirkwood and Westheimer. When you live out west, you just hate driving even further out west for this kind of stuff.

If it were all about me they'de be building a Wachovia there. The closest one is at Kirkwood and Westheimer. When you live out west, you just hate driving even further out west for this kind of stuff.

They are not done yet. There are three pad sites available and I heard at least one if not two are going to be banks. Capital One was one name I heard. Maybe Wachovia will be the other.

• The title was changed to Briar Lake Village: Shopping Center At Beltway 8 At Briar Forrest Dr.

Archived