One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far people ar going off of this rendering

311xInlineGallery.jpg

Is there any other pictures or renderings out there that might give us a clearer picture on what this building might look like

So far I haven't reached a conclusion if I like or dislike the design.

I do love the fact that a major residential building is coming to downtown, that alone kinda voids what I might think about the design :D

One thing that no one has brought up yet are balconies. Every new highrise in Houston has one and it seems to be expected, especially if you are going to have a view like this one will offer. The picture in New York posted earlier in this thread is very similar to the renderining in regards to the crown of the building, but I suspect that the rest of the building will not be as "New Yorky" as some here would like (including me).

Who knows--maybe that part will be different once it's built. I think it would be cool if it eventually got that tarnish-green look of the old buildings in New York and the Statue of Liberty.

yeah that tarnished copper look was what i was talking about...i want to see some more specific rendering of the building, as opposed to the park and the building

wow i read the chronicle article and Mr. Finger is a very credible real estate investor, it says that because of his credibility that they see no reason for concern of whether or not the building will be built, that to me is all the news i need, lets get to buildin!

wow i read the chronicle article and Mr. Finger is a very credible real estate investor, it says that because of his credibility that they see no reason for concern of whether or not the building will be built, that to me is all the news i need, lets get to buildin!

Any thought about the impact that this will have on the Pavilions? They are obviously supposed to have an apartment / condo building as well. With groundbreaking on both projects supposedly scheduled during the next 12 months, could this just be another attempt to dilute market interest in somebody else's project?

I hate to think that, but it is the game...

I hope this project goes through. I know this is off topic but can someone tell me if the Shamrock tower is going to be built or what? For that matter I would also like to know about the Hardy Rail Yard Project and the Intermodal Station. Ive read about them but I want to know are they going to happen and if so, when? Again, sorry for getting off topic.

Folks, we have ourselves a website!

http://www.parktowerhouston.com/

It only has a more detailed image of the building--which looks better to me than the Chron rendering.

default.jpg

All balconies, and the crown of the building isn't blue. I also notice what looked like a garage/shipping acces door on the lower right side of the building. My guess is that this side won't face LaBranch ;)

The more I see it, the more I like it. I also think that just like 1500 Louisiana, this one could actually be pretty impressive at night. I don't see them lining the roof with Christmas lights on this one. I think lighting that shoots upward from the base of the roof along the roof would be very good.

What about those white buildings in the foreground? are they future buildings in the works or just the artists idea of sprucing the place up?

I think it was the artist taking liberty with how other buildings might be built. Notice all are smaller.

chill...shamrock is dead and there are other threads on this forum about hardy and the intermodal station...you just have to look

Im sorry I seemed rude. I just really want to know whats going on. Ive read most of the threads. I just wanted to know if these projects were a definite yes or not. Im just really excited about the possibile Intermodal Station, Hardy Rail Yards and this Park Tower as I see them having a profound impact on Downtown along with the Pavillions. I think they will reshape the way Downtown is developed.

To HoustonianinIraq, thanks for the private message with the help. I appriciate your help.

Im sorry I seemed rude. I just really want to know whats going on. Ive read most of the threads. I just wanted to know if these projects were a definite yes or not. Im just really excited about the possibile Intermodal Station, Hardy Rail Yards and this Park Tower as I see them having a profound impact on Downtown along with the Pavillions. I think they will reshape the way Downtown is developed.

To HoustonianinIraq, thanks for the private message with the help. I appriciate your help.

Its all good, but I do agree with you. These projects are really going to make differences in the city of Houston and pave the way for tomorrows successes.

chill...shamrock is dead and there are other threads on this forum about hardy and the intermodal station...you just have to look

you couldve Cut the kid some slack, he is a new member. -_-

I don't see them lining the roof with Christmas lights on this one. I think lighting that shoots upward from the base of the roof along the roof would be very good.

if they stick those raggedy christmas light buildings on one more of houston's buildings, i'm gonna snap! They already have too many buildings in downtown that have christmas lights around the rooftops.

i personally don't think they will light this building based on the track record. if they do, i hope they use the flood lighting which illuminates the side of the building

I wasnt trying to be rude at all, but you cant really tell over the computer.

I dont see christmas lights or anything tacky 'light-wise' on this building, more likely none at all if they are trying to go with the New York style. Its got simple elegance and it seems that they want to keep it a simple building and not make it greedy for attention. However, I dont think that flood lighting would be too bad at all.

I love it. But where are the, but "Houston is just trying to be like New York" people?

Like it was mentioned before.....Don't really care as long as it happens and brings some much needed resident to Downtown.

That's all that really matters > :)

Archived