One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

Uncle Klem [in Redneck Voice]: "Well I'll be darned. TV's outside and toilets inside. Yee haw!"

SpaceCity: "Yes, but look at these high rise apartments overlooking a large inter-city park."

Uncle Klem: "I'll be horned swaggled! This is NEW YORK!"

Edited by SpaceCity

Well it seems to be the same rendering released for the park, except that the Finger building actually has detail. So my guess is that it was by Finger.

Also here is the article in the Chronicle. I don't think I saw anyone else post it.

aa33vt.jpg

I wounder after this gets built which location will get more business from the tenants at this building the Park Shops next door to the building or the Pavilions?

I wounder after this gets built which location will get more business from the tenants at this building the Park Shops next door to the building or the Pavilions?

Probibly the Pavillions. I doubt the Park Shops will take away anything, atleast in shopping. With the Ninfas and Starbucks, they could draw the eyes of the residents, but the Pavillions will provide more. Unless, the park shops gets some more tenants.

Probibly the Pavillions. I doubt the Park Shops will take away anything, atleast in shopping. With the Ninfas and Starbucks, they could draw the eyes of the residents, but the Pavillions will provide more. Unless, the park shops gets some more tenants.

the park shops are nothing more than an glorifed food court. It always has been that way and probably will remain. I find it hard to believe that the pavillion will happen. There just seems to be little demand for retail downtown outside of food service.

the park shops are nothing more than an glorifed food court. It always has been that way and probably will remain. I find it hard to believe that the pavillion will happen. There just seems to be little demand for retail downtown outside of food service.

Well I have no doubt that is true... I don't think a Bloomingdale's, GAP, or Louis Vuitton would open up shop at any retail spot Downtown. The Parkshops mainly serve the Houston Center/Four Seasons. I'm surprised the place didn't go bust years ago. But if you build a 3 block retail/mixed use project, next to the light rail, it gives much better hope for retail shops to open up in the project. House of Blues = People, People = Money, money to spend in their shops. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i did a quick search for the thread but was unable to find it. might as well update it here...

from a source that i consider extremely reliable, especially for this deal, the downtown park will have a ground breaking in august of this year. there could be a setback but they are moving forward without a doubt.

additionally, they will have a city-wide naming contest for the park.

finally, and more on topic, fingers deal will break ground shortly after the park does. finger has the option to purchase / lease adjacent land and will if phase 1 performs well. it will not be named the park tower because of a conflict with an existing building with the same name.

this message will self destruct in 5....4....

• 1 month later...
Does anybody out there on the inside have anything newsworthy about this building? It's been a while since anything has surfaced...

Nothing to speak of on my end.

They've already secured a lease for the land, and although they probably have some clause that would release them from it under certain circumstances (i.e. cash penalty), it seems like they went in with guns-a-blazin'. Finger is a big company. They may not come out ahead, but they'll probably come through.

As I recall, groundbreaking was going to occur about the time that the park broke ground, right? If I were a lender, I'd be hesitant to disburse cash until the existence of the park was irrevocably decided (i.e. under construction). After all, if oil went bust tomorrow, what would the City immediately cut back on?

i did a quick search for the thread but was unable to find it. might as well update it here...

from a source that i consider extremely reliable, especially for this deal, the downtown park will have a ground breaking in august of this year. there could be a setback but they are moving forward without a doubt.

finally, and more on topic, fingers deal will break ground shortly after the park does. finger has the option to purchase / lease adjacent land and will if phase 1 performs well. it will not be named the park tower because of a conflict with an existing building with the same name.

looks like it may get pushed back to the original groundbreaking timeline of october; however, they are busting their tails to get it done sooner. once they break ground on the park, finger will start construction.

based upon my sources, both will, without a doubt in my mind, happen.

• 1 month later...
A new press release was published yesterday - it seems the name has been changed to One Park Place:

http://www.oneparkplacehouston.com/docs/02_PressRelease.pdf

This really will be a great development for downtown.

Cool thanks for the link

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

muwahahahaha!

:ph34r:

The new website states that One Park Place will be 501 feet tall. That will make a nice addition to the eastside of downtown.

The best news is that this project will include over 26,000 square feet of retail space including 18,000 plus square feet for a specialty food and wine market.

If Finger Development builds a second tower and LandCo goes ahead and builds their rumored 17 story condo tower, this could be quite the bustling little area. Don't forget the condos planned for the Pavilions will be nearby too.

Hooray for good news!

And let's not worry.... Houston does not and will not not be like New York. New York is overpopulated and basically gross. Houston is far more laid back and because we will welcome a new downtown park, doesn't mean we will be anything like a Yankee NY. (thank the gods). Besides, the Bayou City is far more charming than the over-crowded, taxi honking, PATHETIC New York. Kudos to the Bayou City. We rule and always will. ;)

And let's not worry.... Houston does not and will not not be like New York. New York is overpopulated and basically gross. Houston is far more laid back and because we will welcome a new downtown park, doesn't mean we will be anything like a Yankee NY. (thank the gods). Besides, the Bayou City is far more charming than the over-crowded, taxi honking, PATHETIC New York. Kudos to the Bayou City. We rule and always will. ;)

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who doesn't like NYC. it's a great place to visit. i couldn't stand living there. it's claustrophobic, dirty, loud. i'm glad houston will not, cannot, be like NYC.