One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

Thank you indeed Trae!!! I use to work downtown and live very close but it's hard to keep track and get a visual if it weren't for kind individuals such as yourself taking pictures for the rest of us. I'm kinda getting the feeling that downtown is turning into one huge construction project with HP, Park Tower, Discovery Green, etc... Can't wait to see the new buildings rise out of the ground.

Thanks again,

Scharpe St Guy

You said very clearly that a lack of parking will directly impact the success of a neighborhood. You didn't make exceptions. The world is FULL of exceptions to that case. I will stand by what I said, more parking and more convenient car access to Manhattan, Central Boston, Inner Loop Chicago, San Fran, etc... would hurt current businesses located there by making walking a dangerous and tedious chore rather than the most popular option for getting around.

I'm afraid you're not understanding what TheNiche is saying.

If you add streets and parking for more automobiles without taking away anything currently there, or interfering with existing patterns, more people will utilize the neighborhood.

This is accomplished by warping the space-time continuum in the fourth dimension. It works in Bizarro World.

that trailer is just for the construction site, I don't think a sales trailer will be brought on site until the digging stops and the work above ground level starts. But something tells me a sales office won't be opening "on site" until it's close to completion or it will be held at Four seasons or something.

I contacted the Fingers Companies about the units in this building. Evidently they are for lease--something I did not know. Whatever the case, they are supposed to send me information on their one and two bedroom models. I will try to post whatever they send me.

Edited by bkjones98

I'm not aware of a Finger's property that is not leased: Museum Tower, Jackson Hill, etc. In fact, I was strongly expecting that the Museum Towers would be turned into condos already, but they are still for lease while properties such as the Royalton (dumb name) and others have made the switch.

Central,

Thank YOU!!! Great observation post you have overlooking the project. Hopefully you will continue to take pictures and post as the project progresses. Welcome to HAIF also!!!

Thanks,

Scharpe St Guy

Terrific project. it will be exciting to see it when it is completed.

Wow that's awesome!!! They're really moving fast on this project. It seems like they're going to finish this before they finish Houston Pavilions. I can't wait for a year from now when these projects are almost done, I bet they're is going to be an awesome energy in downtown. Finally!!!!!

Wow that's awesome!!! They're really moving fast on this project. It seems like they're going to finish this before they finish Houston Pavilions. I can't wait for a year from now when these projects are almost done, I bet they're is going to be an awesome energy in downtown. Finally!!!!!

I heard they weren't supposed to be finished with this tower until early 2009... that seems like a long time doesn't it? :unsure:

Just a suggestion:

Shouldn't the thread be renamed to the tower's name?

Maybe "The <name> project?"

I forgot the name of the tower. :blush:

I prefered the original name of this thread: "Finger Tower". Hmmm...perhaps one day, when I strike it big, I'll build a set of towers made to look like the digits of someone giving the finger. They will be oriented in the direction of...hmmm...gotta think hard now... Beijing. Two birds with one throw.

[Niche thinks to self: who'll be the first to figure it out?]

^^^j/k, all the way, of course.