Los Angeles Modern

Jersey01

I just returned from L.A. where I went on an extensive architectural driving tour. All I have to say is oh my gosh. Amazing. To see all of the Nuetras, Schindlers, Wrights, and Lautners in person was a blast. The Wolff House by Lautner is so incredible! And I must recommend that anyone who visits L.A. should check out Neutra Place.

Guest danax
I just returned from L.A. where I went on an extensive architectural driving tour. All I have to say is oh my gosh. Amazing. To see all of the Nuetras, Schindlers, Wrights, and Lautners in person was a blast. The Wolff House by Lautner is so incredible! And I must recommend that anyone who visits L.A. should check out Neutra Place.

And it sounds like you just checked out the "Mod" era buildings. If you were to have delved into the Art Deco/Moderne and then the Victorian and Arts and Crafts examples, you would've returned to Houston and said........maybe nothing, as you'd have likely been in a very deep funk.

Yes only mid century homes, with a few exceptions such as Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills, and Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston's Wallace Neff house in Beverly Hills. I couldn't imagine going on to see other styles. Thank god for navigation systems! I have a few pics that I will post soon, but there are very few. I knew I couldn't top the photos that I have in all of my books. I do have some cool detail photos of the concrete blocks at FLW's Ennis-Brown House in Los Feliz (which was in horrible condition.) I also took some photos of a couple of Neutra's Bel-Air houses that aren't often published. I will try to post the pics by this weekend, I have them in my other computer.

Archived