BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

I noticed that the other day. It's massive. I saw it from San Felipe. My guess is that it was much easier for them to have three trucks running a 150 yard loop to dig out that hole than to get 20+ running loops to whatever dump site they have. This way they can have the building going up while they slowly get rid of the dirt.

I'm most interested in this project because of its potential. Wish somene would build a stucture that has a huge HD tv screen to show the news and etc. on it like in Times Square. Wouldn't that look impressive driving down poat oak from the Galleria?

I don't think that would be impressive at all. Just cheesy and wasteful. Who in that area would care to look at a huge hd tv screen while driving down the street?

• Like 1

I'm most interested in this project because of its potential. Wish somene would build a stucture that has a huge HD tv screen to show the news and etc. on it like in Times Square. Wouldn't that look impressive driving down poat oak from the Galleria?

Do you own a wrecker? Because this is the best idea to keep wrecker drivers employed I've seen in quite a long time. Just imagine the fun of all the people on the West Loop craning their heads to see what is on the big screen and not seeing the car in front of them slamming on the brakes as it crests the hill at San Felipe.

Golyadkin - you'd not only have a giant TV out your window - you'd have live demolition derby out the other side of the building also. :lol:

• Like 1

Has anyone been to Times Square?

yeah many times and it's cheesy and lame... nothing but neon signs and chain restaurants crowded with droves of tourists. If you're gonna compare it to NYC a much more apt comparison would be Park or 5th Avenue, which is exactly what they're going for. Rodeo Drive would also be a good comparison.

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/29-story-tower-will-rise-near-the-Galleria-3937132.php

29-story tower will rise near the Galleria

A luxury apartment tower is set to break ground early next year just off Post Oak Boulevard, developers said Wednesday.

The project represents the continued progression of BLVD Place, the redevelopment of 21 acres at the southwest corner of Post Oak and San Felipe into an urban-style complex.

Hopefully this development will attract some prestige reatil and restaurants. Would love to see Emeril's or a restaurant owned by Bobbby Flay. Just Saying.

Honestly that is the last thin I would want. We have plenty of good chefs in this city that I would much rather support instead of some average restaurant with Bobby Flay's name on it where he will never cook.

• Like 3

A few days ago they covered the sign on the first crane that said "MORROW" with one that says "BLVD Place:"

DSC_0762.jpg?t=1350054413

From yesterday:

DSC_0769.jpg?t=1350054468

Also, looks like no Bloomingdale's after all:

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/10-11-12-new-important-restaurants-negotiating-to-move-into-blvd-place-tower-but-bloomingdales-is-out/

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 1