• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crane going up this weekend according to the FAA filing.  

Well since these models have been revealed, I guess I can probably post the renderings...

Posted Images

I didn't know where the project was located.  I drove down S. Post Oak Lane until I saw vacant land.  In between the two BLVD Place centers there is vacant land.  The vacant land looks to be separated? One piece of land belongs to BLVD Place and the other is the Hanover site? I don't know.

kdEC3gc.jpg

74qn1PB.jpg

• Like 4

Gene, I think you are correct. West of South Post Oak Lane.  I drove by there yesterday afternoon.  The site is all fenced off with a plywood construction fence.  There was some activity on the site, but not a whole lot (and I really couldn't quite determine what was going on as I was driving by and only had a short opportunity to look in.)

Interestingly, the site to the north of Hanover Post Oak also had some activity, including surveying flags...

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

and in other news i live on mccue at westheimer and work on sage at chevy chase, so i see this stuff everyday...i just havent figured out how to correctly post a photo from my phone on this board haha! someone want to give me lessons/instructions? i am sure it is so freaking easy to resize it but i just cant seem to do it!!! doh! 

and thank you Houston19514 

:)

2016 09 01: Nothing happening yet.  (Photo by me)

Even after (many) months (a year?  two years?), I still don't really understand the new HAIF layout.  Anyone know why I'm limited to photos of a size 60kB or less for the direct-attach method? 

IMG_4259_zps4tb2l6a3.jpg

Edited by SkylineView
  • Like 4

Off-topic, but:

1. Go to http://imgur.com

2. Drag and drop your image file onto the middle of the screen there and it will upload automatically.  If your browser doesn't support this, click the New Post button at the top and then click the Browse button and find your image.

3. Right-click on the displayed image and choose "Copy Image Location" (in Firefox) or "Copy image address" (in Chrome) to copy the image URL (it will be something like http://i.imgur.com/XXXXXXXX.jpg).  The menu item may be labeled slightly differently in other browsers.

4. Paste the URL into a post here.  It will automatically be embedded in your post after a couple seconds.

Edited by rechlin
  • Like 4
On 9/2/2016 at 3:27 PM, SkylineView said:

2016 09 01: Nothing happening yet.  (Photo by me)

Even after (many) months (a year?  two years?), I still don't really understand the new HAIF layout.  Anyone know why I'm limited to photos of a size 60kB or less for the direct-attach method? 

IMG_4259_zps4tb2l6a3.jpg

I still don't know where this is.  Is the project actually located on S. Post Oak Lane? Thought it was near the 1700 block?

Anybody know what landmark bldgs are near the site? I went down S. Post Oak Lane where the Four Leaf Towers are, heading towards Woodway and I couldn't find it.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Twitter1 said:

I still don't know where this is.  Is the project actually located on S. Post Oak Lane? Thought it was near the 1700 block?

Anybody know what landmark bldgs are near the site? I went down S. Post Oak Lane where the Four Leaf Towers are, heading towards Woodway and I couldn't find it.

it is located directly behind Whole Foods and to the south of Hanover Tower (1750 Skylark Lane) which IS directly behind Whole Foods (and that is St Michael Catholic School/Church located on Sage in the photo behind the lot fyi)

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 0:44 PM, Twitter1 said:

Between San Felipe and Ambassador Way. West side.

With the find Apache announced last week out near Balmorhea in the Permian they really should be able to build that building 

that we saw renderings for earlier in this thread. They're going to have  more money than anyone. What was it 15 billion barrels? Maybe it was million but it was one of the largest in the continental U.S. in quite a while,

58 minutes ago, bobruss said:

With the find Apache announced last week out near Balmorhea in the Permian they really should be able to build that building 

that we saw renderings for earlier in this thread. They're going to have  more money than anyone. What was it 15 billion barrels? Maybe it was million but it was one of the largest in the continental U.S. in quite a while,

Yeah but if they can't produce and sell for a profit it's not going to happen for awhile. 

Edited by jmitch94
grammar
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoever buys the 32nd floor penthouse gets their own rooftop pool, I think? Damn.

Edit; It refers to it as a Mechanical Penthouse, so maybe the 32nd floor is open to residences then.

Edit 2; Floors 1-3 listed as Office but I assume can also be Retail?

Edited by BigFootsSocks
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2016 at 2:03 PM, htownboy said:

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/308492/blvd-place-residential-tower-houston-tx-usa

Emporis estimates some tower here at 492 ft.

I honestly have no idea what tower this height belongs to, I haven't really been following this whole project.

It's for this building - the first residential tower that was proposed for the site, just east of Hanover Post Oak at Post Oak Lane and San Felipe.

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/37-story-building-with-236-apartments-to-soar-in-1752784.php

It has been part of the project plans since at least 2008. Even when the Ritz proposal fizzled, it remained. For the longest time, site plans also indicated it as "37-Story Residential Tower", but more recent ones say simply "Future Residential Tower" As of now, the building with that footprint is still on the proposal map

http://www.blvdplace.com/Retail-ProjectPlans.htm

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

I am happy to see this is truly starting. I do wonder, however, if the projects outside the loop help  or hurt the goal of urbanizing Midtown, for instance. Do the occupancy rates of uptown factor in to a project trying to get off the ground in Midtown? Do the total apartments U/C net out or stay unique to a sub-markets' economic factors and a projects viability?

Obviously I love to see progress in this city, but i do think about the net effect an apartment building like this has on the proposals for Midtown or BBP area. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I'd assert that an Uptown development would have little impact on development progress in or near Midtown.  Each appeals to a somewhat unique market.  Someone looking to live in Midtown is interested in a more urban, pedestrian lifestyle with better public transport (i.e. Light rail).  Uptown offers a very different experience.   

• Like 1

I live in Uptown and believe that its the most integrated mixed use neighborhood in the city.  Nowhere else do you get the density of apartments, offices, retail, restaurants and hotels. Since I moved here  the Memorial Villages I have become less car-centric and I make a point of walking to the pharmacy, bank, supermarket, retail store , etc. in all sorts of weather. I even walked my Thanksgiving turkey into the house from Whole Foods.   I don't think Midtown has as anywhere near the green space that we have in the Galleria/Uptown area  and our TIRZ has done a great job with the streetscape, including sidewalk lighting , to encourage pedestrian activity. 

• Like 9

I think both y'all are exaggerating (in opposite directions.) Uptown does have a decent mix, but it's pretty spread out and has some serious scale issues. Midtown has a massive advantage in that it has a real street grid and some very walkable neighboring areas. As for green space? Midtown has some good small parks, and Hermann Park and Buffalo Bayou are both very easily accessible.

I'm excited that the TIRZ is pushing so hard to improve the neighborhood, but for me, Uptown is still not somewhere I would particularly want to live. I am very curious to see how the BRT line there does though, both for the neighborhood itself and as a prototype for additional lines. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You'd think with the huge find that Apache made with the promise of billions of barrels of oil and gas in the Permian basin Balmorhea area that they would go ahead and build that nice 30 story tower we saw renderings of two years ago, and are still up on the going up page overview.

I think it would be a nice addition to Post Oak and create a continuous wall of towers along that side.

Does anyone have any insight?

• Like 1