BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

This sounds awfully aggressive, does it to anyone else?

Plus, River Oaks District may be starting up soon, too. Hopefully we'll hear something from Nancy on this.

Aggressive, but I hope its true. Hopefully Golyadkin didn't talk to someone that really didn't know what they were talking about. He did mention that the guy said a 60+?? story building was going in and then the guy said it wasn't. We will all know very soon if it is true and we know that we have a source here that can keep us updated. Thanks Golyadkin! You should work for swamplot or the Chronicle or something, LOL!

The guy I talked to seemed to know a lot about the project, and the person at the front desk directed me to him as someone who could answer pretty much any question I had.

One thing I forgot to mention is that he said that Hines was going to be building one of the towers. He pointed to the hotel on the rendering on the wall, but I think, given the context of the conversation, that he meant the residential tower. I think he was caught a little off guard that someone had walked in off the street and was really excited about information about the project. I got the feeling that they had no idea that anyone other than them even cared that this is being built.

I'm probably going to go back some time next week to get some clarification on all of this. If you guys have any questions for them, let me know and I'll ask them.

I was too giddy and excited that they were willing to dump information on me so readily that I forgot a lot of the specific questions I had. I honestly went over there expecting them to tell me that they couldn't give out any information or something like that.

• Like 1

great info! the galleria chamber of commerce is pushing very hard to get a few more 4 star+ hotels so hopefully they can revive the ritz carlton. had you asked me a month ago i would've bet good money that a large office building was going to be part of this project (35+ stories). now.... not so much.

• 1 month later...

Ok. So I went back today, after work failed to start in June like I was told. Here's the story I got:

-Construction cannot start until the Pavilion is gone, because the underground parking garage for Whole Foods needs some of the space it's currently sitting on.

-America's lease at the Pavilion will be up August 31st. Demolition will start in September.

-Demolition is expected to take around 3 months.

-Actual work on the site is scheduled to start in December.

-The current plans do not call for the 10 story tower pictured in the renderings or mentioned previously.

-The site in the back, on the other side of Post Oak Ln. has been sold to another developer.

-Ritz Carlton isn't part of any plans for any of the sites at this point.

• Like 1

Ok. So I went back today, after work failed to start in June like I was told. Here's the story I got:

-Construction cannot start until the Pavilion is gone, because the underground parking garage for Whole Foods needs some of the space it's currently sitting on.

-America's lease at the Pavilion will be up August 31st. Demolition will start in September.

-Demolition is expected to take around 3 months.

-Actual work on the site is scheduled to start in December.

-The current plans do not call for the 10 story tower pictured in the renderings or mentioned previously.

-The site in the back, on the other side of Post Oak Ln. has been sold to another developer.

-Ritz Carlton isn't part of any plans for any of the sites at this point.

So in other words... we're getting just another strip mall, eh? As long as it has another sushi, mediterranean, or gelato place then Im sure it'll be awesome.

Edited by LTAWACS
  • Like 1

Also, I went by yesterday around the Pavilion to get some pictures of it, and inside in one of the rooms (everything seemed hastily abandoned except for America's) I saw this:

DSC_1038.jpg?t=1310748977

I recognize the one on the left as the plans for the new YMCA downtown, but what are those other buildings?

And in another room out in front facing the main open space inside the Pavilion, I saw this, a scale model of the original plans for the site:

DSC_1044.jpg?t=1310749066

Those are all hotel renderings next to the rendering for the downtown YMCA.

The first two were the earliest designs for the Embassy Suites in downtown. Funny that they aren't showcasing the actual design that was built!

The last two are Hilton Garden Inns. The top one is one that MCS Architects built (I believe near Chinatown) and the bottom one was a proposal being floated for downtown Houston that never came to be.

This actually worries me... Could we be going from a Ritz-Carlton skyscraper to a typical tunnel-form beige stucco cheapo design? Mitchell Carlson Stone (I think that's the name of the firm) is the architecture firm behind all of those renderings and they build blah hotels.

Those are all hotel renderings next to the rendering for the downtown YMCA.

The first two were the earliest designs for the Embassy Suites in downtown. Funny that they aren't showcasing the actual design that was built!

The last two are Hilton Garden Inns. The top one is one that MCS Architects built (I believe near Chinatown) and the bottom one was a proposal being floated for downtown Houston that never came to be.

This actually worries me... Could we be going from a Ritz-Carlton skyscraper to a typical tunnel-form beige stucco cheapo design? Mitchell Carlson Stone (I think that's the name of the firm) is the architecture firm behind all of those renderings and they build blah hotels.

See post #897.

It's still going to be the awesome development we're expecting, just (maybe) minus the 10 story tower in front, and the rear property won't be developed by Ed Wulfe.

What rear property are you talking about, the part where the hotel and residential high rise were going to be built???

• 1 month later...

I'm on their email update list, and have been for over a year now, and today for the first time I actually received an update from BLVD Place! Looks like BLVD Place is gaining a high-end seafood/steak restaurant:

blvdupdate1.jpg

And tomorrow is the last day of America's lease in the Pavilion. Demolition is slated to begin very soon.

Hello I am new here but I am so excited for this project this weekend I went to the Blvd Place webside and looked at the offices leasing are where they show a site plan for Blvd Place and let me say the stores are going to be AMAZING!! The listing of stores includes Whole Foods, H&M, a nike store, Ralph Lauren and so much more I am really excited for this project what do you think of the listings??

here is the website just click on it and click on site plan and it show it

http://www.colvilloffice.com/properties/blvd/availabilities.shtml

• Like 3

I had not seen that website. The site plan PDF is great. I hadn't seen any ideas of what kind of stores/restaurants to expect there.

One thing I see is that Ocean Prime is listed as the stand alone building at 1N on the corner of Post Oak Ln. and San Felipe, while the new release I got from them says it's going to be where the Nike store is located on the site plan.

Interesting that H&M is there. There was talk that they were looking at expanding into the Houston market, and everything I have heard says they were looking at the Galleria. It'd be interesting to know just how accurate this plan is.

If I get the chance, I'll go over and talk with them and see just what they'll be able to tell me about who's leased what (if they're willing to tell me anything about that ;) ).

I had not seen that website. The site plan PDF is great. I hadn't seen any ideas of what kind of stores/restaurants to expect there.

One thing I see is that Ocean Prime is listed as the stand alone building at 1N on the corner of Post Oak Ln. and San Felipe, while the new release I got from them says it's going to be where the Nike store is located on the site plan.

Interesting that H&M is there. There was talk that they were looking at expanding into the Houston market, and everything I have heard says they were looking at the Galleria. It'd be interesting to know just how accurate this plan is.

If I get the chance, I'll go over and talk with them and see just what they'll be able to tell me about who's leased what (if they're willing to tell me anything about that ;) ).

Yeah i do agree the site plan is great. Ocean Prime looks great and is a nice dinning concept I hope this plan is accurate. And when you go over there please ask if there is more information about the stores on the 2nd level? Thanks so ready to knock down the old pavilions so we can finally start on this project!!

Welcome burgower4, +1 for you!

Looks Like BLVD place will be the Houston's Galleria of the 21st Century. Here is a list of most of the stores I found listed from just the first floor:

Badgley Mischka

Bellini

Brioni

Chopard

Cos Bar

Courage B

Diane Von Furstenberg

Gregory’s

H&M (Thats news)

Hermes (Moving)

J. Crew Collection

Jimmy Choo

John Lobb

Karen Millen

Lafco NY

Leggiadro

LMD

Luca Luca

Michael Stars

Nike

North

Peeper

Ralph Lauren

Robert Talbot

Tod’s

Vilebrequin

Vince

Whole Foods

Edited by citykid09

I've heard from a few sources that it will be difficult for H&M to enter places like the Galleria and Memorial City, as they have waiting lists to get in...whereas places like Willowbrook and Baybrook mall are easier to get into, so although the closing Borders in the Galleria would seem to be the perfect place for a new H&M, there's probably already another company looking to go in there. This would be great news for BLVD Place if they really are getting all those tenants!

Welcome burgower4, +1 for you!

Looks Like BLVD place will be the Houston's Galleria of the 21st Century. Here is a list of most of the stores I found listed from just the first floor:

Badgley Mischka

Bellini

Brioni

Chopard

Cos Bar

Courage B

Diane Von Furstenberg

Gregory’s

H&M (Thats news)

Hermes (Moving)

J. Crew Collection

Jimmy Choo

John Lobb

Karen Millen

Lafco NY

Leggiadro

LMD

Luca Luca

Michael Stars

Nike

North

Peeper

Ralph Lauren

Robert Talbot

Tod’s

Vilebrequin

Vince

Whole Foods

Curious where you got that list. Last I heard H&M hadn't finalized any deals in Houston.

• 2 weeks later...