well the whole strip from eatzis to cafe annie is being knocked down as i type (ongoing since this past weekend)...

so, SOMETHING is happening! i will be excited just to see an empty lot instead of that ugly old plaza!

and even better, no more painful memories of the eatzis i once loved and frequented on a nearly daily basis...

thank goodness...

haha

Edited by gene

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think their interactive map has been updated. It tells when each building will be completed and a few more details.

For one, just to the west of the existing building will be a movie theatre, which I don't think we knew about.

Also, it says the hotel/condo towers will be completed in 2014 and the Hannover condo tower in 2013.

The closest one will be Whole Foods and the one along San Felipe in 2012.

http://www.blvdplace...eractiveMap.htm

edit: new rendering? is this confirmation the Ritz is here to stay?

gallery_723_64_9282.jpg

http://www.blvdplace..._Renderings.pdf

gallery_723_64_74200.jpg

http://www.blvdplace.com/Downloads/BLVD_Place_Aerials.pdf

Edited by lockmat

So, the Ritz-Carlton is back? That's good to hear. It has such a nice design and looks tall enough to make a big impact on the Uptown skyline. And I wonder what type of movie theater they are talking about? Studio Movie Grill? That seems like a lot of condos though. I'm sure Houston can support that, as it shouldn't even be completed for four years at the earliest.

Edited by Trae

• 3 weeks later...

edit: new rendering? is this confirmation the Ritz is here to stay?

Unless and until you see a press release from the Ritz Carlton, don't hold your breath. It would seem that you guys had learned your lesson about use things, already. Hopeful wishes for hotel/condo projects, illustrated in renderings, will not produce an actual building being the name of that hotel. It's just something the developer does to get people all excited. And apparently it's still working!

Here's my advice. . .WAIT for the Ritz Carlton to issue a press release, then get excited. Until then, accept the reality that there will be no Ritz Carlton om this site, or any other in Houston, for that matter, for the foreseeable future.

Unless and until you see a press release from the Ritz Carlton, don't hold your breath. It would seem that you guys had learned your lesson about use things, already. Hopeful wishes for hotel/condo projects, illustrated in renderings, will not produce an actual building being the name of that hotel.

You're very probably correct. Good thing I live here rather than visit.

Sucks to be you.

It would seem that you guys had learned your lesson about use things, already. Hopeful wishes for hotel/condo projects, illustrated in renderings, will not produce an actual building being the name of that hotel.

Thank you for your elucidation. Your ideas could not have been more clearly expressed.

One thing that is certain. The Houston Ritz will be much cooler looking than the Dallas Ritz.

713to214 is just jealous that Houston always gets the more impressive buildings, eventually. And unlike Dallas, people actually use them. And he's still bitter about the Victory Park fiasco and the Mandarin pipe dream that never had a chance of materializing.

Here's my advice. Don't take the advice of anyone who has been proven wrong about his assessments of Houston time after time after time for years. This guy said that HP and light rail expansion were never going to happen either. I wouldn't worry too much over anything this guy has to say about anything.

Edited by Mister X

713/214 may speak some truth, but most of the time he sounds reeall bitter. I guess he got so used used to the buildings that actually do go up in Dallas and sit empty, thus adding to the already extremely high vacancy rate. :lol:

713/214, how bout we meet at the NOVE in Victory Park. I'll buy you a drink. :lol:

• 1 month later...
The plan called for a high-rise residential tower to be developed by Hanover Co., plus office space, retail space...

The 70,000 square-foot phase one of BLVD Place is 100 percent leased with office and retail tenants.

Some additional retail/office buildings are planned for the site and Wulfe will probably get under construction with one of them next year.

http://culturemap.com/newsdetail/08-01-10-mixed-use/

• 4 weeks later...
Wulfe also said the residential developer who bought land on the property to build a 37-story tower once slated for the site is looking at the project again.

The beginning of the article makes it seem like the residential and hotel towers were completely scrapped. A little confused.

I don't understand why they don't just delay the high-rises instead of scrapping them all together.

Edited by lockmat

The beginning of the article makes it seem like the residential and hotel towers were completely scrapped. A little confused.

I don't understand why they don't just delay the high-rises instead of scrapping them all together.

Same thoughts. At the end of the article he said that the residential development is now interest again. We can only hope that the tall and cool hotel comes around as well.

Same thoughts. At the end of the article he said that the residential development is now interest again. We can only hope that the tall and cool hotel comes around as well.

I like Nancy because she doesn't burn her sources, meaning that they're more willing to talk to her when they have news. On the other hand, sometimes the sources exaggerates the truth to flagrantly misleading the public.

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

I like Nancy because she doesn't burn her sources, meaning that they're more willing to talk to her when they have news. On the other hand, sometimes the sources exaggerates the truth to flagrantly misleading the public.

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

Your right! What harm could saying that the builder of the high-rise was "thinking" about building again? She didn't say that they definitely were, so if its not true it won't hurt anyone. It just gives hope to those whom are interest in the project.

• 1 month later...

Sources: Top developer ponders new Galleria-area tower

From Nancy Sarnoff at the Chron:
Hines would buy one of the unfinished parcels at BLVD Place, but so far no land has changed hands

I speculate that the property for which the hotel was slated (the west side of the new segment of South Post Oak Lane) would be in play for this.

• Like 2

I suspect it'll be in the 20-30 story range. I can't imagine anything much taller in such an unstable economy...but then again, it may be 50 stories. Who knows. Does anybody remember how tall the original towers were proposed to be (the 'Ritz' and the condo tower?'

Edited by wxman

I suspect it'll be in the 20-30 story range. I can't imagine anything much taller in such an unstable economy...but then again, it may be 50 stories. Who knows. Does anybody remember how tall the original towers were proposed to be (the 'Ritz' and the condo tower?'

Good luck. We'll probably end up with a fat, squat, forgettable, building much like that new hotel in downtown. Ugh.