BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

I was, up until now, under the impression that Starwood, who owns St Regis, also owned Ritz Caroltons... that it just their Uber branding...

Apparently I'm wrong. Ritz is just a management company that doesnt own any hotels, and back in 97 they were ticked at the owners of 4 of their hotels - that the service and product wasn't up to snuff to wear the Ritz name - so they abandoned management, and thats when Starwood bought them, invested millions to make them even shinier, and the St Regis name was born.

so yah.. welcome back Ritz... i thought ye never had left.

Is this still being built?It's not in the images of the other BLVD Place buildings and theres no information of it on this site:

http://www.wulfe.com/BoulevardPlace.asp

Really, I see the Landmark Tower very clearly! (Circled it in RED for ya) What are you smoking, can I have some? :lol:

snj7yo.jpg

There are only 2 towers to pick from.

Edited by Pumapayam

• 2 weeks later...
I was, up until now, under the impression that Starwood, who owns St Regis, also owned Ritz Caroltons... that it just their Uber branding...

Apparently I'm wrong. Ritz is just a management company that doesnt own any hotels, and back in 97 they were ticked at the owners of 4 of their hotels - that the service and product wasn't up to snuff to wear the Ritz name - so they abandoned management, and thats when Starwood bought them, invested millions to make them even shinier, and the St Regis name was born.

so yah.. welcome back Ritz... i thought ye never had left.

You are still wrong. Marriott owns Ritz Carlton and has for many years - http://www.marriott.com/corporateinfo/glance.mi

There is much more visual progress on the San Felipe and Post Oak Lane part. They cleared the Chabad building/house and have started some utility/pipe work. Not sure how related the last part is, though.

There is much more visual progress on the San Felipe and Post Oak Lane part. They cleared the Chabad building/house and have started some utility/pipe work. Not sure how related the last part is, though.

I was just looking through the latest renderings and site plans on Wulfe's website. The site plan now actually includes the Ritz-Carlton logo! Go to Image 12 of 12

http://www.wulfe.com/BoulevardPlace.asp

Edited by Houston19514

A little off-topic, but... I went into Whole Foods on Kirby yesterday, and jeez that place is overpriced. I went into the prepared foods section and wanted to get this 4 oz. container of chicken pasta salad (small), and it was $9.50.

The idea of Whole Foods is good, but the reality is a bit much.

Please, you can't see that. You can see what you wanna see, but we all know that says Super Motel 8.

Actually he is right, the site map does say Ritz and has the Ritz logo.

As for Whole Foods prices on their prepared food, you are right. They are crazy expensive. Go to Central Market, same stuff, little easier on the wallet.

Edited by jayshoota

Actually he is right, the site map does say Ritz and has the Ritz logo.

As for Whole Foods prices on their prepared food, you are right. They are crazy expensive. Go to Central Market, same stuff, little easier on the wallet.

haha, I know. I was just messin

Did construction stop completely, or did it just slow down? Golly, I hope they didn't run out of money.
Yeah, Ed Wulfe ran out of money. About as likely as the Astros winning their division this year...
By the way, the Astros are only a game and a half out of 1st.

Anyone notice Ed tipping poorly recently?

Nice.

Let's see - nice call on the Astros for this year.

Also, Ed Wulfe did tip the valet driver at Fertita's house last week....after he gave $10,000 for a one hour photo-op reception with McCain.

Any more brilliant comments?

• 5 weeks later...

Also, what exactly is a "contingent agreement"?

I ask since the latest edition of the Houston Business Journal included a commercial real estate market guide, and one page focused on the mixed-use developments in the area, including BLVD Place. It mentioned that a luxury hotel & full-serivce spa (the presumed Ritz Carlton) was under such an agreement.

I ask since the latest edition of the Houston Business Journal included a commercial real estate market guide, and one page focused on the mixed-use developments in the area, including BLVD Place. It mentioned that a luxury hotel & full-serivce spa (the presumed Ritz Carlton) was under such an agreement.

It means that the hotelier's obligation to build is only triggered by the occurrence of some event stated in their agreement with Wulfe. A contingency can be anything, but it typically is obtaining financing. e.g., hotelier is not obligated to build and operate until it obtains a loan in the amount of X dollars at Y% interest payable over Z months secured by a....

Edited by nate

It means that the hotelier's obligation to build is only triggered by the occurrence of some event stated in their agreement with Wulfe. A contingency can be anything, but it typically is obtaining financing. e.g., hotelier is not obligated to build and operate until it obtains a loan in the amount of X dollars at Y% interest payable over Z months secured by a....

Cool, thanks for clearing that up!

Please also post those questions under the Development and Real Estate thread as I know a lot of readers would like to be a part of discussions and learn information such as this but some of the readers may not read this project thread.