BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

The owner-developer did. If they are pre-selling the wazzoo out of the units, why still spend money on vines. Unless an ugly garage becomes an issue as to why units are no longer being purchased, then they don't care what their neighbors think.

They don't answer to their neighbors, uptown district, or haifers... so we should probably get over it.

Yeah. Cosmo says fcuk you. I'll do what I want.

Edited by kingkirbythegreatoftexas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did construction stop completely, or did it just slow down? Golly, I hope they didn't run out of money.

Yeah, Ed Wulfe ran out of money. About as likely as the Astros winning their division this year...

• 2 weeks later...

The building behind it is 330 feet tall so this thing looks to be at least 425 feet.

It looks a little bulky but I'd have to see different angles. That said, it is a huge step up from 1200 Post Oak and the Riverway Tower for Hanover.

Was this particular tower part of the original plans? It doesn't look like it's on the original site of BLVD Place, but to the west a little.

edit: I don't understand where this is going exactly. They show it being west of a road that goes all the way to Ambassador Way. The only one that does that according to google maps is Sage. According to the chron map, it looks like part of the development is new streets, I guess.

Edited by lockmat

I am a bit skeptical that this, in fact, is the final design. Where are the balconies that Houstonians demand (and then don't actually use)? How can you open your windows?

I'm being sarcastic, but it does strike me a bit odd in Houston for a high rise with no outdoor element. The Four Leaf Towers down the street is an exception.

edit: I don't understand where this is going exactly. They show it being west of a road that goes all the way to Ambassador Way. The only one that does that according to google maps is Sage. According to the chron map, it looks like part of the development is new streets, I guess.

sage - wrong

new street - right

I am a bit skeptical that this, in fact, is the final design. Where are the balconies that Houstonians demand (and then don't actually use)? How can you open your windows?

I'm being sarcastic, but it does strike me a bit odd in Houston for a high rise with no outdoor element. The Four Leaf Towers down the street is an exception.

Actually, it does look like there are balconies on the non-glass part of the building. It's a bit hard to see, but they are in the rendering.

The ritz doesn't have Houston as a future location. Yall think they just haven't added it yet? Is it b/c plans haven't been finalized? I know we have other sources saying it's a go. Just wondering.

http://corporate.ritzcarlton.com/en/Press/FactSheet.htm

FUTURE LOCATIONS:

Charlotte, North Carolina (USA) - 2009

Dove Mountain, Arizona (USA) - 2009

Dubai Financial Centre (United Arab Emirates) - 2008

Guangzhou (China) - 2007

Hong Kong (China)

ed is way behind schedule on this, and that's not a good thing. tenants have the right to jump ship if the agreed upon timetables aren't being met and as of now they are most definitely not. no word on the ritz, but this is a real concern for some of the other tenants.

• 2 weeks later...

one would have to take this as a very good omen... and the ritz is definitely in the 50+ story range, which is fantastic (if true). i guess they scrapped the 3rd residential tower?

either way, i'm excited to see some daring architecture - at least for houston.

Excellent stuff. I like the fact that both buildings will be unique rather than twins or related like in the first rendering. There are too many of those around that corner already with the Interfin Development and Four Leafs.

It's hard to truly tell height from a rendering, but if this is even close to scale, then the Ritz is coming in around the 550 to 600 feet range. Nice impact in Uptown!

nice find ctn!

They also have a few other new renderings with one showing the front of whole foods.

It's hard to truly tell height from a rendering, but if this is even close to scale, then the Ritz is coming in around the 550 to 600 feet range. Nice impact in Uptown!

What other Houston buildings are close to that height?

It looks like several of the renderings on Wulfe's BLVD Place website

Nice Update ChannelTwoNews.

I went back and found the previous ones and collected them here, noted rendered dates, and put them on a different server instead of letting them dissappear from the Wulfe's website when they shut it down. I could have sworn there was even an earlier one that was rendered when it was still called Riva Place or something.

21kifs0.jpg

f5d7ao.jpg

15x9t6p.jpg

And another view, but only 2 rendering since the 2006 one did not have that angle.

23s9dt1.jpg

2yosms7.jpg

Looks like we went from 4 mid sized towers ► to 3 mid sized towers ► to only 2 towers where one is tall and the other is mid sized.

I can't tell if it is getting more or less dense, but I am still happy with it compared to the DT Pavilions project.

Nice renderings and I hope more towers get involved in the development. . . it's never too late for more changes, as these rendering updates prove.

• Like 1