BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

I'm actually very interested in purchasing a residence in this development. I emailed the office and they let me know that they will likely have more information in 6 months, but there will be two towers for residences: one a 300 unit building with residences for lease (probably the Hanover tower), and another tower that will have 175 units for sale - this tower will be connected to the 5 star hotel. They will be ready in 2010. Apologies if this was already public knowledge, but it's new to me so I thought it might be new to others.

In terms of height, for comparison purposes, 7 Riverway (also Hanover) is 22 stories and has 175 units. The "lease tower" will have 300 residences, so that would translate to around 37 stories if each story had the same # of units per floor as 7 Riverway. The hotel/condo tower would have 225 hotel rooms (from website) and 175 condos - so for comparison, the W in Dallas is 439 feet high, and has 250 hotel rooms and 70 condos. We'd be looking at something much taller than that, given how many more condo units this tower would have. Maybe in the 600-700 foot range, perhaps? That's a nice sized tower.

Thanks a lot for the info. I wonder what the hotel will be. Maybe a Ritz?

hi everyone

long time reader, first time poster

thanks for all the good information.

i live on mccue and work on post oak so i have been closely following this thread as i will live and work just 3 to 5 minutes walking distance from this new development!

i am really excited about the new BLVD Place project and it has been great to see the work actually begin

although i work in the travel industry i have no idea which hotel will be in BLVD Place but i am hoping for a W Hotel or similar...i think it would be a great fit.

take care

gene

hi everyone

long time reader, first time poster

thanks for all the good information.

i live on mccue and work on post oak so i have been closely following this thread as i will live and work just 3 to 5 minutes walking distance from this new development!

i am really excited about the new BLVD Place project and it has been great to see the work actually begin

although i work in the travel industry i have no idea which hotel will be in BLVD Place but i am hoping for a W Hotel or similar...i think it would be a great fit.

take care

gene

Welcome Gene. I work real close too so I follow this one closely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first building will rise at the project's southern boundary, at the northwest corner of Post Oak Boulevard and Ambassador Way. The 70,000-square-foot building will house seven tenants currently in the Pavilion on Post Oak and Fashion Place retail centers that are relocating to Blvd Place -- including Cafe Annie, Americas and Hermes. Once the tenants move, the older retail centers will be demolished and the remainder of Blvd Place will go under construction.

To accommodate traffic, Wulfe will extend Post Oak Lane from San Felipe to Ambassador Way, and establish a new street called Boulevard Place to cut east to west through the project.

Can hardly wait. Invite The Haif Society to grand opening? :)

Hmmmm, with just the renderings so far, the jury is still out for me on the design. I do like the height, and I love that is has somewhat of a different element to it with the curve and all, but if that 'sheild' covering the building is going to be some form of a dark beige stucco type material, I think I'm going to have to barf. It's time for some solid glass/silver glass tall towers in Uptown.

I can never be satisfied.

Edited by VelvetJ

but if that 'sheild' covering the building is going to be some form of a dark beige stucco type material, I think I'm going to have to barf. It's time for some solid glass/silver glass tall towers in Uptown.

What if it's got a dark brown finish?

What if it's got a dark brown finish?

You know what, just as long as it doesn't remind me of any type of stucco. I've developed an aversion to stucco and I am a bit paranoid.

Personally if that is the design, I would have loved that 'sheild' to be some type of polished stone but due to availability of materials and costs, I know that may not be possible. But again, the jury is still out for me since what I've seen so far is limited. I may actually end up really loving this design.

They wouldn't put stucco on a Ritz....would they? Maybe a Holiday Inn, but hopefully not a Ritz. It's probably just polished marble imported from Italy.

I have another question, if they built a tower in Uptown taller than the Williams Tower, would Williams have to turn off their lighthouse light? Hope not

They wouldn't put stucco on a Ritz....would they? Maybe a Holiday Inn, but hopefully not a Ritz. It's probably just polished marble imported from Italy.

I have another question, if they built a tower in Uptown taller than the Williams Tower, would Williams have to turn off their lighthouse light? Hope not

I thought about that one time, but if you notice the beacon's angle, it points upwards, so you'd need something a lot taller to get hit smack on by the beacon since the light is angled up.

For what it's worth, I was reading documents on the city's HDO page and came across this.

Document states "Boulevard Palace (Hanover)" as having 675,000 sq/ft of commercial space, 500 residential units and consisting of three towers (45, 45, 50).

Also, perhaps some previously dead projects are still a go (Orion, Monaco)?

Edited by nate

For what it's worth, I was reading documents on the city's HDO page and came across this.

Document states "Boulevard Palace (Hanover)" as having 675,000 sq/ft of commercial space, 500 residential units and consisting of three towers (45, 45, 50).

Also, perhaps some previously dead projects are still a go (Orion, Monaco)?

River Oaks District is actually one of the few that have a date and not "proposed" listed next to it.