The fence is almost all the way up around the SE corner of the property (Post Oak @ Ambassador's Way) and there is a sign up telling customers to access America's and Hermes on the other side of the building. Evidently these stores are staying open during the first phase of construction.

I saw that today! The fence was up and the demolition had begun! It's very exciting, to know this project is finally starting.

im sooo excited i have to check it out when i go back to work, so how long is Hermes going to stay open ? hopefully it will expand

I'm wondering about the dissapearance of WHAT from this thread. I guess he or she got tired of reminding everyone that this project isn't going to get off the ground.

I think that if Who's on first, then What must have struck out.

I love happy endings.

Good point, I forgot about the negativity and anger that user spewed.

I'm wondering about the dissapearance of WHAT from this thread. I guess he or she got tired of reminding everyone that this project isn't going to get off the ground.

I think that if Who's on first, then What must have struck out.

I love happy endings.

I'm guessing that you are talking about me? Well if so, I have changed. I believe in Houston and all thats happening. All that I will complain about is hopping that the new parts of METRO rail are nothing like the red line from downtown to the Astro dome. Other than that, I'm okay.

I'm guessing that you are talking about me? Well if so, I have changed. I believe in Houston and all thats happening. All that I will complain about is hopping that the new parts of METRO rail are nothing like the red line from downtown to the Astro dome. Other than that, I'm okay.

Not you citykid, there was actually a poster named "What" who came on the board several months ago only to stir things up with negativity. That poster appears to have left, thankfully.

I will complain about is hopping that the new parts of METRO rail are nothing like the red line from downtown to the Astro dome. Other than that, I'm okay.

So I guess the fact that the four new lines will be just like the Redline is warning for us that your complaining won't be going away anytime soon.

So is the 55 story addition like a sure thing? That sure would be neato to see. Is there a rendering of it yet?
See the post #395 by Houston-Development
There are a bunch in this thread.
No. There are no actual renderings of the proposed 55-story apartment building. The drawings that have appeared are just placeholders in the BLVD Place renderings.

So is the 55 story addition like a sure thing? That sure would be neato to see. Is there a rendering of it yet?

There is a reserved page for it on Emporis at the moment, so I'm guessing that it would be a go (hopefully).

There is a reserved page for it on Emporis at the moment, so I'm guessing that it would be a go (hopefully).

I created the project page just to have an account of it regardless of if it is built or not, but it was sourced from the biz journal article from a few weeks ago. Really hope they have everything lined up beyond the land acquisition as well so this does get built as proposed... It would be nice to see something of that size appearing in the area, hopefully not taking the tombstone approach to residential highrises that have appeared over the past decade or so.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

i saw a banner that read "Hermes and Americanas open during remodeling" i really would like to see renderings of the project i just dont see a Whole Foods next to Hermes lol

They won't be next to each other. Hermes will be in the new section that just started construction at the SE corner of the project. I believe Whole Foods will be at the NE corner. This is a huge development, there will be all types of stores/restaurants accounted for.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually very interested in purchasing a residence in this development. I emailed the office and they let me know that they will likely have more information in 6 months, but there will be two towers for residences: one a 300 unit building with residences for lease (probably the Hanover tower), and another tower that will have 175 units for sale - this tower will be connected to the 5 star hotel. They will be ready in 2010. Apologies if this was already public knowledge, but it's new to me so I thought it might be new to others.

In terms of height, for comparison purposes, 7 Riverway (also Hanover) is 22 stories and has 175 units. The "lease tower" will have 300 residences, so that would translate to around 37 stories if each story had the same # of units per floor as 7 Riverway. The hotel/condo tower would have 225 hotel rooms (from website) and 175 condos - so for comparison, the W in Dallas is 439 feet high, and has 250 hotel rooms and 70 condos. We'd be looking at something much taller than that, given how many more condo units this tower would have. Maybe in the 600-700 foot range, perhaps? That's a nice sized tower.

Edited by King Owl

I'm actually very interested in purchasing a residence in this development. I emailed the office and they let me know that they will likely have more information in 6 months, but there will be two towers for residences: one a 300 unit building with residences for lease (probably the Hanover tower), and another tower that will have 175 units for sale - this tower will be connected to the 5 star hotel. They will be ready in 2010. Apologies if this was already public knowledge, but it's new to me so I thought it might be new to others.

In terms of height, for comparison purposes, 7 Riverway (also Hanover) is 22 stories and has 175 units. The "lease tower" will have 300 residences, so that would translate to around 37 stories if each story had the same # of units per floor as 7 Riverway. The hotel/condo tower would have 225 hotel rooms (from website) and 175 condos - so for comparison, the W in Dallas is 439 feet high, and has 250 hotel rooms and 70 condos. We'd be looking at something much taller than that, given how many more condo units this tower would have. Maybe in the 600-700 foot range, perhaps? That's a nice sized tower.

Is this the development that is supposed to have the 55 story tower?