Subdude

BLVD Place / Hanover Towers / Apache HQ News & Pictures

Slightly off topic. Another Koch entity hired me for a few more weeks. I find these oil contracts fascinating. I saw some Apache paperwork! :wub:

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, bobruss said:

This is really nice. I really like the way the curtain wall recedes into the building. 

Its worth noting to those defenders of Randall Davis how little things make a big difference in the quality of an overall design.

Look at Arabella and perhaps you will see the difference.

"God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

So is talent.

• Like 1

As a lifelong Houstonian, one of my regrets is how few developers here arrange for "good" architecture.  Compared to the late 70s, early 80s.  I recall that during that time, some people in Dallas were concerned that they weren't getting the same quality of design.  Since then, I think they have had a lot more good design that we have had here. 

• Like 2

ewdNf9b.jpg

Last time I captured a Ferrari and Lamborghini at BLVD Place.  Here is part II

mJBZScI.jpg

VcC23Ow.jpg

1Hf6mRN.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 5

photo-camera-with-a-flash-silhouette-ima

^^^ absolutely GORGEOUS illustrations @Twitter1 oh, and by the way, the HANOVER building ain't too shabby itself...

• Like 2

Has anyone “in the know” seen renderings of what the Apache project was expected to look like between the two completed phases of BLVD? I have a conspiracy theory that Apache never intends to build the building but negotiated the sale for tax or revenue reasons and will sell it back when it is more advantageous to the two companies. 

What's up with the WF Post Oak men's bathroom? The automatic napkin dispenser has been broken for 6 months! I was told it was the custodial company who would be fixing it.  Does a $300 automatic dispenser really break the budget?

Someone is slacking, or somebody doesn't want to pay :wacko:

wQERB21.jpg

Should just support Koch and buy a Georgia-Pacific commercial dispenser. They're some of the best I've used. Reliable.

On 6/30/2018 at 0:34 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Should just support Koch and buy a Georgia-Pacific commercial dispenser. They're some of the best I've used. Reliable.

NO thank you.  Most do not support Koch and his brother and their ilk.  I'll take another Texas based company over Georgia Pacific any day.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ArtNsf said:

NO thank you.  Most do not support Koch and his brother and their ilk.  I'll take another Texas based company over Georgia Pacific any day.  Thanks.

I was being tongue in cheek! 

2 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

Well then I am sure the dispenser will get fixed once a committee is appointed to determine the issue. Then they will conduct environmental studies to see if the dispenser is in fact causing issues to the ecosystem. Then they will....well it may be some time before it gets fixed.

On 7/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, Rube88 said:

Well then I am sure the dispenser will get fixed once a committee is appointed to determine the issue. Then they will conduct environmental studies to see if the dispenser is in fact causing issues to the ecosystem. Then they will....well it may be some time before it gets fixed.

typical talking points from the wrong direction and wrong side of history, but good luck with that sweetheart.

23 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

typical talking points from the wrong direction and wrong side of history, but good luck with that sweetheart.

Sweetheart! That's sexist! 

On 7/2/2018 at 9:55 PM, SkylineView said:

Moving things back to topic... here's the real question... what's planned for the next site south?  Another Hanover!? (LOL)

That's what I would like to know. It seems that little strip of land may not be useful for much unless The Ambassador is bought and torn down. What a great piece of property that would be.

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Wonder what headphones they are using, I use some Sennheiser RS175s with my desktop computer for late night gaming or movies occasionally. Nice cans

Houston listed on Rooftop Cinema Club's website.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/

Rooftop Cinema Club is a seasonal rooftop cinema coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

Look what I saw at Whole Foods today.

SLaB06T.jpg

tT0Lvpy.jpg

It's not even automatic. They did a bad job on this.

Edit: Why did this take 6 months? Could have fixed it in 3 days?

Edited by ekdrm2d1

5 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

From today, across the freeway on a parking garage.

KLTQPjl.jpg

Whats going on in the foreground?

The Rooftop Cinema Club will be located on top of the Whole Foods parking garage.  Maybe HAIF'ers can look at their favorite building Cosmopolitan before the movie.

18 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Thanks @ekdrm2d1 for putting the update about Rooftop Cinema Club in the correct thread where this is going in, BLVD Place.

Thanks for the shout-out concerning the duplicate thread, considered it done.This

Roof Top movie concept is a great addition to the Galleria District's overall reputation for being a global destination.

With I Pic cemented in the River Oaks District and the old veteran Edmund Cinema in nearby Greenway Plaza. The

area get's a variety of movie theater options.As I said before.. that's pretty cool.

18 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Thanks @ekdrm2d1 for putting the update about Rooftop Cinema Club in the correct thread where this is going in, BLVD Place.

Was just hanging out on top of BLVD Place.. 5th floor garage. Don't know how this will work.

The movie attendance might be slow during summer season. The sun is melting up there.  

On 8/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Was just hanging out on top of BLVD Place.. 5th floor garage. Don't know how this will work.

The movie attendance might be slow during summer season. The sun is melting up there.  

Haha tell me about it! my contact with the RCC said it will be seasonal and that is why they pushed the opening from this summer to October! Can't wait to go though...