I went to take my weekly update picture of the site (only update is they've added a sign that says "BELLOWS" to one of the cranes and finished some more columns and a section of wall) and noticed a great deal of smoke coming from behind 1300 Post Oak:

DSC_0793.jpg?t=1351550139

Turns out a townhouse on S. Post Oak Ln. @ Post Oak Timber was on fire:

DSC_0817.jpg?t=1351550187

DSC_0888-1.jpg?t=1351550234

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 2

I went to take my weekly update picture of the site (only update is they've added a sign that says "BELLOWS" to one of the cranes and finished some more columns and a section of wall) and noticed a great deal of smoke coming from behind 1300 Post Oak:

DSC_0793.jpg?t=1351550139

Turns out a townhouse on S. Post Oak Ln. @ Post Oak Timber was on fire:

DSC_0817.jpg?t=1351550187

DSC_0888-1.jpg?t=1351550234

Off topic but, looks like a first generation Cadillac Seville (1976-1979) was destroyed in the fire. That's a shame since it was apparently garage kept and probably well maintained. I'm not saying they were the greatest automobiles ever but it's sad to see something kept for so long - ~35 years - lost like this. I certainly hope no people or pets were injured.

It was a Cadillac, although I wouldn't say well maintained. It's what started the fire. Hearing the owner talking to the fire investigators, he mentioned that he went to start the car, and there was an explosion and the car caught fire and he couldn't put it out. As far as people or pets, from the conversations he and the investigators and neighbors were having, there were no pets involved and no one was injured.

More pictures are here:

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/bppedersen/Post%20Oak%20Fire/

(Because of how Photobucket does mass uploads, the earliest photos are at the end of the album.)

As far as the BLVD Place site goes (see, mods, I'm on topic! Don't delete my post! ;) ), I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this:

DSC_0894.jpg?t=1351612216

The crane appears to be anchored in the middle of the underground parking area. Are they just going to leave a hole in the building while the structure goes up around it? How are they going to deal with that?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Whole Foods and the surrounding buildings. The block bounded by San Felipe, Post Oak Blvd., Post Oak Ln., and Blvd Place Dr. in the bottom-right corner of this picture:

1.jpg

And for reference for my pictures, relative to this map, they are being taken from right about...

...............................here: X

Edited by Golyadkin

• 1 month later...

It appears that site prep work as officially begun for the residential tower (this one: http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hanover-blvd-place-revised.jpg). The site is fenced off, the trees are cleared out, and this thing went up Monday:

DSC_0308_zpsecc70b24.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what that thing is. I want to say it's like this thing from the BBVA site last year: http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/bppedersen/Architecture%20Photos/DSC_0078.jpg, but there isn't a distinct drill-looking thing it in.

It's going up on the McDonald's site down the street from BLVD Place (here: http://goo.gl/maps/sElzl). There is a pre-sale trailer that has been in the parking lot for a few months now, and the McDonald's is scheduled to be demolished in January last I heard.

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's going up on the McDonald's site down the street from BLVD Place (here: http://goo.gl/maps/sElzl). There is a pre-sale trailer that has been in the parking lot for a few months now, and the McDonald's is scheduled to be demolished in January last I heard.

Excellent. Any pics of the Mickey D's getting smashed?? Breaks my heart!

"I've had many problems in my life, most of which were imagined." - Mark Twain

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

That looks a lot more than whole foods and Hanover

The main constuction happening isn't just Whole Foods, by the looks of it it is all of the remaining BLVD Place - Phases 1, 2, and 3. And it looks like they've fenced off the area behind the park where the Hanover tower was originally supposed to go and where a tower still appears on the site plans, so we'll have to see what happens there.

• Like 1

That looks a lot more than whole foods and Hanover

There are two construction sites shown in the photo. One is the Whole Foods complex, I'm not sure what the other is but ChrisPHous seems to indicate that it is Hanover tower. I think he is referring to the bottom photo in which piles are being or about to be driven.

Edited by jgriff

There are two construction sites shown in the photo. One is the Whole Foods complex, I'm not sure what the other is but ChrisPHous seems to indicate that it is Hanover tower. I think he is referring to the bottom photo in which piles are being or about to be driven.

This is the Whole Foods, which actually is basically all of the remainder of BLVD Place, assuming the finish everything planned for that site.

photo3_zps417b0646.jpg

And you are correct, this is the Hanover Tower site:

photo1_zps1afad16f.jpg

• Like 1