What fool would drop deposit money down on a condo without knowing what property it's going to sit on!? I understand presentation and all but I'd think knowing the location of the tower and what the possible views/adjacent buildings were etc. might be kinda important (you think?). I suspect he's announcing now (with no property and no funding) simply to discourage other developers from going forward with their competing projects.

• 2 months later...

So is anything happening on this site?

It's just interesting that this was the one project that gave everybody hope during the downturn that things were still going to happen. Now that things have turned a corner here in Houston and buildings are going up left and right - this project seems to have hit a wall.

So is anything happening on this site?

It's just interesting that this was the one project that gave everybody hope during the downturn that things were still going to happen. Now that things have turned a corner here in Houston and buildings are going up left and right - this project seems to have hit a wall.

I think everyone has lost faith in this project.

I don't know if this means anything, but the next buildings planned to break ground are 1 and 2. 1 is listed on blvdplace.com to have 81,000 sqf of and 2 is listed to have 53k sqt. But Colliers is marketing 45k sqf for building 1 and 27k sqf for 2. Does that mean the rest of the space has been preleased?

http://www.colvilloffice.com/properties/blvd/gallery.shtml

I don't know if this means anything, but the next buildings planned to break ground are 1 and 2. 1 is listed on blvdplace.com to have 81,000 sqf of and 2 is listed to have 53k sqt. But Colliers is marketing 45k sqf for building 1 and 27k sqf for 2. Does that mean the rest of the space has been preleased?

http://www.colvillof...d/gallery.shtml

(FWIW, Colvill is not the same as Colliers.)

It appears that the total square footage for the buildings includes both retail and office space and that Colvill is marketing just the office space.

• Like 1

My guess is this project is too big in its current state to get the massive capital that it needs to begin construction. The credit markets have somewhat thawed but banks are still gun shy about loaning the big money for these huge mixed-use projects.

Ed Wulfe would be smart to break this project up into stand alone phases and piecemeal it. This can be successfully done and still keep the overall vision of the project, a vision that I've never been totally captivated by to begin with. The current vision is similar to "Uptown Park" but I think it should be more like "City Centre"!

On Wednesday I noticed that there were some surveyors at the condo tower site at the corner of S. Post Oak and San Felipe, and along Sky Lark Ln., right in front of where that last remaining house used to stand, there is a variance request sign. I'll be driving by it later today. I'll post exactly what it says when I get home.

Also, there are some guys in the middle of the site right now doing something. Can't tell exactly what, but they are the first people I've seen there in months:

DSC_0623.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I drove down S Post Oak Lane tonight, and I could swear there was a new fence up around the old Pavilions including yellow "caution" tape... I only drive back there about once a month, so this could be old news.

Also, does anyone know what Michael's church is doing with the back half of their property? New building?

Yesterday they coned off the Pavilion and have spent the past two days working on removing the decorative shrubbery from around the front of the building. I saw them earlier today loading a sculpted bush into the back of a pickup. Hopefully this means they are preparing to finally tear that thing down.

• Like 1

Looks like they are indeed preparing the area for demo work. A truck is there right now loaded with what looks like chain link fences:

DSC_0650.jpg?

Sorry the picture isn't too great, I need a better lens.

Personally, I'd like to go over and as if they'd let me like throw a brick through a window or something as they are starting demo work, 'cause I mean, when else would you get the chance to smash the front window to a store and not get arrested? ;)

Edited by Golyadkin

I looked at the plan; this will be on their existing land; the track will be where the baseball field is, it doesn't go all the way to S. Post Oak.

That was meant to be in response to Skyline's question about the work on the St. Michael property. When the capital campaign was kicked off a few years back the church looked into purchasing the lot directly behind the ball field and adjacent to S. Post Oak. Apparently, the owner was willing to sell, but wanted upwards of $7 mil. Not sure if Wolfe owned it at that time or not.

Looks like they are indeed preparing the area for demo work. A truck is there right now loaded with what looks like chain link fences:

DSC_0650.jpg?

Sorry the picture isn't too great, I need a better lens.

Personally, I'd like to go over and as if they'd let me like throw a brick through a window or something as they are starting demo work, 'cause I mean, when else would you get the chance to smash the front window to a store and not get arrested? ;)

Yes!!! went by there just now and there is indeed a chain link fence encasing the entire old complex...so looks like this is being torn ASAP!!! AWESOME!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks awesome I am so excited for this develoment.

I found this on the web about ULI convention where Ed Wulfe is talking about BLVD place on June 6 I really want to go but cant :(

Here is the link I hope someone here can go so we can hear more about this develoment.

http://houston.uli.org/events/detail/ylg-blvd-place