BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

He knew what what I meant. I just felt like I should explain it because.....well I don't know why I explained it. LOL!

I thought it would be more of a walkable center. The start of Uptown becoming a walkable area. Its still a great center, but the planning could have been better to enhance the street scape. I riding Westminster the other day in the Montrose area and I thought wow! people are walking everywhere. People parallel parked in front of the stores and walked around. The area is not neatly planned, but it has the concept. Rice Village is another area that almost has it. I was hopping BLVD place would have been the more upscale version of areas like those.

Can we not edit post anymore? I was trying to say "I was riding down Westheimer the other day"

They've got a new polished website for this. What do yall think it means, going ahead full steam or just stepping up the advertising?

http://www.blvdplace.com/

Also, notice what the description is missing. Anyone remember if the sq. feet for the office and retail/restaurant are the same or lower as before?

edit: actually, it does not list the hotel and residential on the main page but does on the Location/facts page.

Edited by lockmat

I saw one or two new ones. The interactive map still shows Hanover for the res. tower but the hotel just says "luxury hotel." I'm sure the design will change along with the hotel company.

Well, they would not invest more on a website if the project was dead. So that's some positive thinking at least.

Maybe some fresh news is on the way.

• 3 months later...

Just to bring this topic back to life after a depressing 5 months....

I wanted to show this new Whole Foods in a comparable development in Dallas near its DART rail called Park Lane.

http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-videos/New-Whole-Foods-Opens-in-North-Dallas-87671082.html

It just opened. Nice right.

Also, what store closed that was next to New Balance?

Edited by citykid09

Just to bring this topic back to life after a depressing 5 months....

I wanted to show this new Whole Foods in a comparable development in Dallas near its DART rail called Park Lane.

http://www.wfaa.com/...s-87671082.html

It just opened. Nice right.

Also, what store closed that was next to New Balance?

I'm glad Dallas got its priciest grocery store in the city next to rail.

• 2 weeks later...

No store has closed. Not sure what you're talking about.

If you go to the BLVD Place website and go to retail and click photos you will see what I am talking about on the 6th photo down. There is no sign, maybe that spot has never been taken.

Edited by citykid09

If you go to the BLVD Place website and go to retail and click photos you will see what I am talking about on the 6th photo down. There is no sign, maybe that spot has never been taken.

The spot has been taken. At the time of that photo, they apparently had not yet moved in, but had obviously done their exterior build-out. It is Woodlake Travel (I think I got the name right).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no longer passing the intersection of San Felipe @ Post Oak. :crook:

I got laid off from the architecture firm that was located on Bering & San Felipe.

Blvd. Place is a nice project. Too bad I don't pass by it daily.

Gene,

Right. They should clear off all the old bldgs and site materials. Looks bad.

Edit: I like what COH has done with the San Felipe project. The street lights are very cool looking and the bus stops are nice.

The project on the SEC? of San Felipe @ Sage has finally finished. Brick building, I think it's a car wash? Nice bldg. for a car wash :P

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 1

They have started putting fencing around the Northern building (closet to San Felipe and Post Oak Blvd). Not sure if it was all around the complex, just the front or what.ph34r.gif I will see what else they do before I go out of town.

Yes, the street work and landscape look great (especially the lights). Good thing since it took so looooong and still not quite done!

Edited by JJVilla
  • Like 1

i would like to think they saw my post the other day

haha

that is awesome!

i saw the fencing this morning as well!

as a note, i work on sage and i live on mccue so i agree...love all my new street lights and cannot wait for the work to be done on blvd place!

looking like its on its way...

just this one? http://www.bing.com/...Houston%2C%20TX

or also the one to the south of it directly north of the new building?

From what I saw just the one linked above, just north of the arches in that map. I guess they're starting with the ones labeled with lower numbers (BLVD 1, etc) and that look the worst plus are more visible.

Definitely just the norhern building (from the former Cafe Annie to Eatzi's).

A backhoe was working in there this morning. Looked to be tearing out the parking lot surface.

saw that two. black fence all the way around Eatzies. new shrubs along the street so i'm not sure what the deal is. i wouldn't think they would landscape before demolition.

saw that two. black fence all the way around Eatzies. new shrubs along the street so i'm not sure what the deal is. i wouldn't think they would landscape before demolition.

Dang! Where have you been? It seems like you haven't been on here for years!

i guess as long as they know its going to take they wanted to go ahead and plant some cheap bushes along san felipe just to make that new wider street look nice? haha

that is weird but hey i guess it does look better than if they hadnt

;)

i seriously am counting down the days until they knock down that plaza....if anyone finds the date let me know!

• 2 weeks later...