BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

Update, courtesy of the Chronicle:

"The next phase, consisting of a Whole Foods and retail office complex at San Felipe and Post Oak Boulevard, will begin late this year or early next year, Wulfe said."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...iz/6451679.html

hmmmm... that restaurant space being advertised was originally slated to be Americas. I had been wondering why we weren't hearing ANYthing about their impending move. Looks like they aren't moving in to the new space. Wonder what's up with that?

Ate at Americas last week, and asked the waiter what the plan was. He said that the restaurant's owner and Wulfe had a falling out... Wulfe didn't reimburse Americas, as was apparently promised, for loss of sales due to the construction. So Americas plans to stay right where they are, per their current lease agreement, until 2013.

Ate at Americas last week, and asked the waiter what the plan was. He said that the restaurant's owner and Wulfe had a falling out... Wulfe didn't reimburse Americas, as was apparently promised, for loss of sales due to the construction. So Americas plans to stay right where they are, per their current lease agreement, until 2013.

Interesting . . .

• 1 month later...

Very sweet. Road construction on San Felipe by The Four Leaf Towers is done!

I think it's now done from Sage & San Felipe all the way down to Post Oak & San Felipe.

I hate the road on San Felipe, that's right next to Levcor's Post Oak Plaza, it needs to be repaved and reconstructed!

Any ideas if that will be worked on next?

The first building is essentially finished. Hermes, Festari for Men, New Balance, and RDG/Bar Annie have moved in, and I believe one other retail tenant whose name escapes me at the moment.

Could you maybe take some pictures if you have a chance? Appreciate it!

While doing something earlier and hearing the news in the background, I heard Dave Ward on abc13 say something about the Redo Drive of Houston. I looked up and saw this really nice urban shopping area, and I thought it was in LA or something then I realized that it was BLVD Place. They were showing it because a Houston store called Festari had gotten robbed. BLVD Place is VERY NICE! I had no idea that it was open like that yet. Well any ways, below is a clip of it. Its not the clip I saw, but its a clip from a broadcast from earlier today: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6939082&rss=rss-ktrk-article-6939082

To me it looks to be the premier urban shopping area in Houston (besides the Galleria).

Edited by citykid09

So we've gone from 3 dazzling towers, down to 2 pretty good size scrapers, to a 2 or 3 story retail shop. Outstanding.

The site still shows the two towers in the plans. All I've read is that the residential and hotel towers are on hold, but still part of the site plan. This only seems prudent given the current economy. Has something changed, and are these towers permanently axed?

The site still shows the two towers in the plans. All I've read is that the residential and hotel towers are on hold, but still part of the site plan. This only seems prudent given the current economy. Has something changed, and are these towers permanently axed?

Given that the developers like to keep mum about such things, the chance that the towers are being axed for good would not surprise me in the least. Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Not about the project Blvd Place.

Wow, it's finally happening!

610 & San Felipe is being reconstructed and repaved! When it's finished, it's going to be so awesome.

I heard on the morning radio that east? bound lane of San Felipe @ 610 will be closed until August 24th.

Yup, Uptown District sent out a flyer.

SanFelipe_POClosing(8_5)-sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The retail exteriors remind me of the Highland Village site. All upscale clean retail outlets. HV > All :P

It would have been nicer if they brought the building up to Post Oak Blvd. That way people driving down the street can look into the stores and see the people walking from store to store like they do in other cities.

It would have been nicer if they brought the building up to Post Oak Blvd. That way people driving down the street can look into the stores and see the people walking from store to store like they do in other cities.

most people prefer that drivers look at the road ahead.

I didn't really mean look, I meant glance.

I thinking like the Streets of Buckhead development thats going up:

Buckhead-Avenues2.jpg

It tickles me that you had to explain that. :D

Believe it or not citykid09, I actually believe Post Oak will eventually look like that. It's going to take a while but it will. The plans at BLVD is at the very least a 'lean' in the the right direction.

It tickles me that you had to explain that. :D

Believe it or not citykid09, I actually believe Post Oak will eventually look like that. It's going to take a while but it will. The plans at BLVD is at the very least a 'lean' in the the right direction.

He knew what what I meant. I just felt like I should explain it because.....well I don't know why I explained it. LOL!

I thought it would be more of a walkable center. The start of Uptown becoming a walkable area. Its still a great center, but the planning could have been better to enhance the street scape. I riding Westminster the other day in the Montrose area and I thought wow! people are walking everywhere. People parallel parked in front of the stores and walked around. The area is not neatly planned, but it has the concept. Rice Village is another area that almost has it. I was hopping BLVD place would have been the more upscale version of areas like those.

Edited by citykid09

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been reported, but it probably should have been obvious. It's from March, but no doubt still relevant considering the economy is still not looking up yet...

Although still on track for completion by 2010, Wulfe & Company’s Boulevard Place, located on Post Oak Boulevard at San Felipe (within walking distance from The Galleria mall), has been slow to get underway. Currently 340,250 square feet of the previously named The Pavilion Post Oak is undergoing extensive renovations, while the remainder of the project has shifted to proposed status. Overshadowing any new activity at the highprofile location has been the cancellation of two key project components. Originally, the mixed-use project was announced with plans for 500,000 square feet of upscale retail shops and restaurants, 175,000 square feet of boutique office space, a 225-room luxury hotel, and 500 high-rise residences. Financing issues, however, have been cited for the cancellation of the 37-story Hanover Apartment Towers and 30-story Ritz Carlton hotel components. For its part, Whole Foods, the primary retail anchor, has delayed ground breaking until late 2010. Still another stalled project also in the Galleria area is Trademark Property Company’s 100,000-square foot High Street mixed-use project located on Westheimer Street just inside Loop 610, announced as indefinitely delayed due to the economic recession.

http://www.colliers.com/Content/Repositories/Base/Markets/Houston/English/Market_Report/PDFs/2009_2Q_Houston_Retail_Market_Report.pdf