BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

^^^ The pillars are from the old building being demolished, right? Not new stuff for towers?

m. B)

Those are new pillars. The interesting thing is that the foundation they are being placed on is the old foundation from the Pavilion's basement level garage. They simply busted out squares of the old foundation and are building the pillars in those spots.

Those are new pillars. The interesting thing is that the foundation they are being placed on is the old foundation from the Pavilion's basement level garage. They simply busted out squares of the old foundation and are building the pillars in those spots.

I drove by the BLVD Place construction sight the other day, and on the sign it read 400 residential units, instead of the mentioned 500 units. So either the 3 buildings will not be as tall as originally planned, or there will just be 2 highrises. I am not surprised at the scaling down - typical Houston.

I drove by the BLVD Place construction sight the other day, and on the sign it read 400 residential units, instead of the mentioned 500 units. So either the 3 buildings will not be as tall as originally planned, or there will just be 2 highrises. I am not surprised at the scaling down - typical Houston.

If the sign was for Hanover, it'd make sense to have about 100 units left off. They don't develop hotels, and the hotel component will likely have a condo component included.

Who said there would be three towers? Are you referring to the very first rendering that came out? -typical n00b :D

Well of the three towers, one is going to be an office tower, so only two buildings will have people living in them, with one of those being a hotel.

I don't think there's an office tower planned at BLVD Place. Their website only mentions 175,000 square feet of "boutique" office space. That does not sound like a tower.

Was a movie theater formerly in this building? I remember seeing a film in this area back in '92. If I remember correctly, it was also underground.

If so, where was it?

yes, there was a movie theater, and I belive it was on the lower level. IIRC, the entrance was somewhere back around the northwest-ish corner of the structure.

Who said there would be three towers? Are you referring to the very first rendering that came out? -typical n00b :D

On their BLVD Place website, there is a rendering of 3 buildings. I understand that those highrises on the website are fillers or whatever they call them, but it gives the impression that there would be 3 buildings. Everything that I have read on BLVD Place said 3 buildings. On the website, it also said 500 residential units.

After viewing the site earlier today and remembering what you said, I was curious to know if the Foundation is rated for a high rise. We have seen how even recent construction (20-30 years ago) tend to differ from the original plans.

After viewing the site earlier today and remembering what you said, I was curious to know if the Foundation is rated for a high rise. We have seen how even recent construction (20-30 years ago) tend to differ from the original plans.

While I do think it's interesting that they didn't dig up the original foundation, I do know that this first building going up is only supposed to be 3-4 floors. It's not one of the highrises.

Thanks. I am glad it is the new stuff. It means that project is moving right along.

m. B)

love the pics and updates!

keep them coming!

ps...they have not renewed leases in the old compass bank building at the corner of westheimer and post oak (2200 post oak blvd) and it seems most of the tenants will be asked to leave by summer or end of year...

bye bye ugly building...you will be missed!

ps...they have not renewed leases in the old compass bank building at the corner of westheimer and post oak (2200 post oak blvd) and it seems most of the tenants will be asked to leave by summer or end of year...

Interesting... but that building is not in the BLVD Place footprint. Is there something else going on?

love the pics and updates!

keep them coming!

2200 Post Oak is owned by Redstone. I see another highrise condo in the works.

yep thats the building...and yeah i said at the corner but its nearly the corner haha

sorry!

2200 post oak blvd the 7 story compass bank building that is sand/beige/tan colored

it is coming down and supposedly a residential highrise may come up in its place and next door on the empty lot may be a new 3 story compass bank building so am i told

we shall see

Psychic Gone -- Did She See it Coming???

The palm reader on San Felipe is no more! Driving home from work this evening, saw a bulldozer and a pile of rubble where the old white ranch house used to be. She was there for as long as I can remember and must of made a killing on what will be the northwest portion of the Blvd. Place development. As well as she likely made out, I probably should have paid her a few visits over the years!

I didn't notice, but I think the Chabad House, one block west of this, on what will be the northwest corner of the site, is still there, but not for long I'm guessing. Prior to Chabad, this housed a gallery with what looked like schlocky art, some of which was actually hung on the side of the house. The profile of this portion of San Felipe is about to change big-time! Can't wait.

I' ve been saying for years that that particular plot of land could very well see a highrise. A residential highrise seems more likely, though, and it seems as if that's what's closest to happening.

It's proximity to BLVD Place and the Galleria would obviously be selling points and would allow Redstone (or whoever) to charge a good amount for units.