Subdude

BLVD Place / Hanover Towers / Apache HQ News & Pictures

5 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

From today, across the freeway on a parking garage.

KLTQPjl.jpg

Whats going on in the foreground?

The Rooftop Cinema Club will be located on top of the Whole Foods parking garage.  Maybe HAIF'ers can look at their favorite building Cosmopolitan before the movie.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Does anyone have knowledge of a movie theater going up in Blvd Place in Houston? From what I heard, it will compete with IPic and the adjoining Tuck Room in River Oaks District. I don't see anything about it on the leasing brochure for BLVD Place./

On 2/9/2018 at 5:49 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Some clarification I received last night. There will not be an IPic style of movie theater at BLVD Place in Houston. What's planned is an outdoor (rooftop) theater from Rooftop Cinema Club. From their website, it seems to be kind of like the screenings set up outdoors at venues like Discovery Green, CityCentre, Memorial City, Baybrook Mall, and Woodlands Market Square, except on a rooftop with provided seating and wireless headphones to listen. It will screen classics, cult favorites, and some new releases. There's a rooftop cocktail bar and a food stand serving street food.

Here's more about it from their website:

Spectacular Views
Great films deserve great locations, and our venues are set alongside some of the most iconic city backdrop's around the world. With panoramic views and stunning sunsets, movies have never looked so great.

Wireless Headphones
We believe iconic movies and great dialogue deserves to be heard properly. Ever missed that key plot-line because the guy behind you is eating his popcorn too loudly? We use state-of-the-art wireless headphones so you can live in those memorable cinematic moments, and not get disturbed by the outside world. Now that’s cinema.

Comfy Deckchairs
Outdoor cinema is about embracing the world around us, but that doesn’t mean it has to be uncomfortable. Which is why we use comfy deckchairs, with adjustable seat heights and plenty of leg room, meaning you can lean back and breathe in those city views under the stars. For those opting for the Rooftop Love Seats this summer, these are built at a seating width of 33'', enough room for two people to snuggle on the rooftop.

And more here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-moviegoing-outdoor-cinemas-20170602-story.html

On 7/22/2018 at 2:52 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Houston listed on Rooftop Cinema Club's website.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/

Rooftop Cinema Club is a seasonal rooftop cinema coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

The Rooftop Cinema Club will be located on top of the Whole Foods parking garage.  Maybe HAIF'ers can look at their favorite building Cosmopolitan before the movie.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/rooftop-movie-theater-will-open-soon-in-h-town.html

Thanks @ekdrm2d1 for putting the update about Rooftop Cinema Club in the correct thread where this is going in, BLVD Place.

18 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Thanks @ekdrm2d1 for putting the update about Rooftop Cinema Club in the correct thread where this is going in, BLVD Place.

Thanks for the shout-out concerning the duplicate thread, considered it done.This

Roof Top movie concept is a great addition to the Galleria District's overall reputation for being a global destination.

With I Pic cemented in the River Oaks District and the old veteran Edmund Cinema in nearby Greenway Plaza. The

area get's a variety of movie theater options.As I said before.. that's pretty cool.

18 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

More on Rooftop Cinema Club coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

From Houston Business Journal:

Whitestone leased the rooftop space of Blvd Place near Whole Foods to Rooftop Cinema Club, a London-based open-air theater concept that'll open on Oct. 3. The venue will offer sunset screenings of recent releases and cult classics, as well as food and craft cocktails. The movies are shown on a giant rooftop screen with state-of-the-art HD projectors.

This is the first major addition to Blvd Place that Whitestone has announced since its acquisition.

..."when we bought the property, I saw the rooftop and the flat wall. And I said, 'This looks like it’d be a great place for an outdoor movie theater,' having no idea that a company existed that did this. So, we found this company out of London, we went to one of their theaters in L.A … It's really terrific. We had conceptualized a theater ourselves, so we were in the process of doing one ourselves, (but) it was far easier to engage them."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/13/blvd-places-owner-talks-new-rooftop-movie-theater.html

More disscusions in the thread on Rooftop Cinema Club here:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/search/?q="rooftop cinema"&item=6106&type=forums_topic&sortby=newest&page=1

More on changes coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

From Houston Business Journal:

What other upgrades are being planned for Blvd Place?
We have an additional 140,000 square feet of space to build. We’re looking at plans to add to the property. Right now, we have five restaurants and the Whole Foods, and those are the primary draws.

What's the latest on plans for the 140,000-square-foot development?
We’re looking at doing a combination of office and retail. … We haven’t quite determined that mix yet, but we’ll probably have plans for that by the end of the year.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/13/blvd-places-owner-talks-new-rooftop-movie-theater.html

Was just hanging out on top of BLVD Place.. 5th floor garage. Don't know how this will work.

The movie attendance might be slow during summer season. The sun is melting up there.  

11 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

ZUVK6UA.jpg

Wish there was a way to improve the look of freeways, even painting them say dolphin gray might help vs beige, I know some of the underpasses have nicer walls etc but the main look...wonder if there is anyplace that does them better to imagine

Those Ninfa's expanding to BLVD Place rumors were true.

From Houston Chronicle

After months of speculation about what would replace the failed Peska restaurant at BLVD Place in Uptown comes word that one of Houston's most iconic restaurant brands will take the space. Welcome the first new outpost of the Original Ninfa's on Navigation.

Legacy Restaurants announced Tuesday afternoon it has signed a lease to go into 1700 Post Oak in the space formerly occupied by Peska Seafood Culture, the grand and costly restaurant that opened in June 2015 and closed in November 2017 after several attempts to revive and rebrand the business. The space will now house The Original Ninfa's Uptown Houston, opening late spring 2019.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Original-Ninfa-s-on-Navigation-to-open-new-13172418.php

13 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Those Ninfa's expanding to BLVD Place rumors were true.

From Houston Chronicle

After months of speculation about what would replace the failed Peska restaurant at BLVD Place in Uptown comes word that one of Houston's most iconic restaurant brands will take the space. Welcome the first new outpost of the Original Ninfa's on Navigation.

Legacy Restaurants announced Tuesday afternoon it has signed a lease to go into 1700 Post Oak in the space formerly occupied by Peska Seafood Culture, the grand and costly restaurant that opened in June 2015 and closed in November 2017 after several attempts to revive and rebrand the business. The space will now house The Original Ninfa's Uptown Houston, opening late spring 2019.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Original-Ninfa-s-on-Navigation-to-open-new-13172418.php

Rendering of The Original Ninfa's at Uptown, opening at 1700 Post Oak in BLVD Place.

Michael Hsu will design the space.

SxeOOID.jpg

On 8/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Was just hanging out on top of BLVD Place.. 5th floor garage. Don't know how this will work.

The movie attendance might be slow during summer season. The sun is melting up there.  

Haha tell me about it! my contact with the RCC said it will be seasonal and that is why they pushed the opening from this summer to October! Can't wait to go though...

Blends with the podium nicely

Edit: Maybe it didn't get painted

UKhJz5I.jpgp

Edited by ekdrm2d1

56 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Blends with the podium nicely

Edit: Maybe it didn't get painted

UKhJz5I.jpgp

More of the left/top have been painted in your update.

Sunday night I was with some friends driving down Post Oak at 9pm and you could see them screening a movie at Rooftop Cinema Club! Since it doesn't open until tomorrow night it must have been a test run or maybe some sort of training/employee event...but it did look cool to see the screen and all the little lights they have to define the space! I was asked to be their guest to the screening this Saturday night and was also the winner of their Month Of Movies Pass contest so I will be seeing 6 movies this month...cannot wait! 

I went Saturday and LOVED it! The breeze was amazing and try to sit on the right hand side of the "lawn" so you can see the most buildings as a backdrop...You get a small box of popcorn complimentary but its free refills...and love that Good Dog has a big outdoor stand there too! Chairs were fairly comfortable and forgot i was even wearing the wireless headphones after getting used to them (and how to turn up and down the volume haha). It was so nice not hearing anything at all, EXCEPT the movie. I have tickets to a few more screenings coming up so I cannot wait to go back!

Such a cool experience! 

15 hours ago, TexasGeneral said:

Really good looking building. Wish Hanover would build a glass apartment tower downtown. 

Agreed. This would have been fantastic next to One Park Place. 

19 hours ago, TexasGeneral said:

Really good looking building. Wish Hanover would build a glass apartment tower downtown. 

I remember reading someone wanted a 60 (or 70) story Hanover in downtown.

6 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

I remember reading someone wanted a 60 (or 70) story Hanover in downtown.

As in someone on here wanted it or an investor who could actually make it happen wanted it? 

7 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

As in someone on here wanted it or an investor who could actually make it happen wanted it? 

On here. 

Is that brown stone underneath the podium? Quickly saw it at a glance. Not sure how I feel about it!  

Am I able to critique Hanover or is that frowned upon? :lol:

Don't think I like this.. Need to see it more closely to be honest

6d2FAuF.jpg

I am hearing that there is a proposed Hanover Post Oak phase 3 building...do any other industry folks know much about this?

On 12/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, brijonmang said:

I am hearing that there is a proposed Hanover Post Oak phase 3 building...do any other industry folks know much about this?

do not know about hanover but given their bullish attitude towards houston lately it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

metlife/hines have long held on to the vacant lot directly north of Hanover PO 1 and will almost assuredly kick something off sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, swtsig said:

do not know about hanover but given their bullish attitude towards houston lately it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

metlife/hines have long held on to the vacant lot directly north of Hanover PO 1 and will almost assuredly kick something off sooner rather than later.

Thank you for weighing in. Interesting info about that other lot.  Will be watching the site here when things ultimately start getting announced.

Yeah i love all our sidewalk lights in the Uptown neighborhood!!! Honestly I am not 100 percent loving the blue snowflakes that are new for the Christmas season...I kinda wish they were white or even red or green...but still, awesome we now have decorations in all of Uptown! Thanks as always for posting great photos!