Subdude

BLVD Place / Hanover Towers / Apache HQ News & Pictures

4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Downtown Houston and westheimer

That is my life for the past 22 years in this photograph! I see my 2 different apartment complexes I have rented and the condo i now own (all on McCue) and my office (once on Post Oak and now on Chevy Chase/Sage) ...I wonder what this photo would have looked like 22 years ago! ALOT different that is for sure! 

• Like 5

I'll have to get used to Ed Wulfe not being involved.

fgNvwo1.jpg

The empty BLVD Place lot has The Boulevard wrap a log the fence.  This is relatively new?

zsEGQ4Y.jpg

Windows going up

UwxhY7B.jpg

• Like 9

This is really nice. I really like the way the curtain wall recedes into the building. 

Its worth noting to those defenders of Randall Davis how little things make a big difference in the quality of an overall design.

Look at Arabella and perhaps you will see the difference.

• Like 4

Hanover builds attractive high-rises.  I think we're lucky to have them.  Their joint project (Northshore) with Trammell Crow in Austin is nice also.   I had high hopes for Arabella, but it is turning out to be a bright white eyesore that I look at every day, and that bugs me.  Its been said before, but an advantage of living in such a building is that you don't have to look at it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArchFan said:

Hanover builds attractive high-rises.  I think we're lucky to have them.  Their joint project (Northshore) with Trammell Crow in Austin is nice also.   I had high hopes for Arabella, but it is turning out to be a bright white eyesore that I look at every day, and that bugs me.  Its been said before, but an advantage of living in such a building is that you don't have to look at it. 

Regarding RD - Would be nice if he sold his portfolio and new owner "FIXED" all his properties around town - seems like a few cosmetic improvements might rehab them all - new coating on garage concrete, different colors, added windows to name three.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic. Another Koch entity hired me for a few more weeks. I find these oil contracts fascinating. I saw some Apache paperwork! :wub:

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, bobruss said:

This is really nice. I really like the way the curtain wall recedes into the building. 

Its worth noting to those defenders of Randall Davis how little things make a big difference in the quality of an overall design.

Look at Arabella and perhaps you will see the difference.

"God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

So is talent.

• Like 1

As a lifelong Houstonian, one of my regrets is how few developers here arrange for "good" architecture.  Compared to the late 70s, early 80s.  I recall that during that time, some people in Dallas were concerned that they weren't getting the same quality of design.  Since then, I think they have had a lot more good design that we have had here. 

• Like 2

ewdNf9b.jpg

Last time I captured a Ferrari and Lamborghini at BLVD Place.  Here is part II

mJBZScI.jpg

VcC23Ow.jpg

1Hf6mRN.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 5

photo-camera-with-a-flash-silhouette-ima

^^^ absolutely GORGEOUS illustrations @Twitter1 oh, and by the way, the HANOVER building ain't too shabby itself...

• Like 2

Has anyone “in the know” seen renderings of what the Apache project was expected to look like between the two completed phases of BLVD? I have a conspiracy theory that Apache never intends to build the building but negotiated the sale for tax or revenue reasons and will sell it back when it is more advantageous to the two companies. 

What's up with the WF Post Oak men's bathroom? The automatic napkin dispenser has been broken for 6 months! I was told it was the custodial company who would be fixing it.  Does a $300 automatic dispenser really break the budget?

Someone is slacking, or somebody doesn't want to pay :wacko:

wQERB21.jpg

Should just support Koch and buy a Georgia-Pacific commercial dispenser. They're some of the best I've used. Reliable.

On 6/30/2018 at 0:34 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Should just support Koch and buy a Georgia-Pacific commercial dispenser. They're some of the best I've used. Reliable.

NO thank you.  Most do not support Koch and his brother and their ilk.  I'll take another Texas based company over Georgia Pacific any day.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ArtNsf said:

NO thank you.  Most do not support Koch and his brother and their ilk.  I'll take another Texas based company over Georgia Pacific any day.  Thanks.

I was being tongue in cheek! 

2 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

Well then I am sure the dispenser will get fixed once a committee is appointed to determine the issue. Then they will conduct environmental studies to see if the dispenser is in fact causing issues to the ecosystem. Then they will....well it may be some time before it gets fixed.

Moving things back to topic... here's the real question... what's planned for the next site south?  Another Hanover!? (LOL)

On 7/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, Rube88 said:

Well then I am sure the dispenser will get fixed once a committee is appointed to determine the issue. Then they will conduct environmental studies to see if the dispenser is in fact causing issues to the ecosystem. Then they will....well it may be some time before it gets fixed.

typical talking points from the wrong direction and wrong side of history, but good luck with that sweetheart.

23 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

typical talking points from the wrong direction and wrong side of history, but good luck with that sweetheart.

Sweetheart! That's sexist! 

On 7/2/2018 at 9:55 PM, SkylineView said:

Moving things back to topic... here's the real question... what's planned for the next site south?  Another Hanover!? (LOL)

That's what I would like to know. It seems that little strip of land may not be useful for much unless The Ambassador is bought and torn down. What a great piece of property that would be.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Does anyone have knowledge of a movie theater going up in Blvd Place in Houston? From what I heard, it will compete with IPic and the adjoining Tuck Room in River Oaks District. I don't see anything about it on the leasing brochure for BLVD Place./

On 2/9/2018 at 5:49 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Some clarification I received last night. There will not be an IPic style of movie theater at BLVD Place in Houston. What's planned is an outdoor (rooftop) theater from Rooftop Cinema Club. From their website, it seems to be kind of like the screenings set up outdoors at venues like Discovery Green, CityCentre, Memorial City, Baybrook Mall, and Woodlands Market Square, except on a rooftop with provided seating and wireless headphones to listen. It will screen classics, cult favorites, and some new releases. There's a rooftop cocktail bar and a food stand serving street food.

Here's more about it from their website:

Spectacular Views
Great films deserve great locations, and our venues are set alongside some of the most iconic city backdrop's around the world. With panoramic views and stunning sunsets, movies have never looked so great.

Wireless Headphones
We believe iconic movies and great dialogue deserves to be heard properly. Ever missed that key plot-line because the guy behind you is eating his popcorn too loudly? We use state-of-the-art wireless headphones so you can live in those memorable cinematic moments, and not get disturbed by the outside world. Now that’s cinema.

Comfy Deckchairs
Outdoor cinema is about embracing the world around us, but that doesn’t mean it has to be uncomfortable. Which is why we use comfy deckchairs, with adjustable seat heights and plenty of leg room, meaning you can lean back and breathe in those city views under the stars. For those opting for the Rooftop Love Seats this summer, these are built at a seating width of 33'', enough room for two people to snuggle on the rooftop.

And more here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-moviegoing-outdoor-cinemas-20170602-story.html

Houston listed on Rooftop Cinema Club's website.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/

Rooftop Cinema Club is a seasonal rooftop cinema coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Wonder what headphones they are using, I use some Sennheiser RS175s with my desktop computer for late night gaming or movies occasionally. Nice cans

Houston listed on Rooftop Cinema Club's website.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/

Rooftop Cinema Club is a seasonal rooftop cinema coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

Look what I saw at Whole Foods today.

SLaB06T.jpg

tT0Lvpy.jpg

It's not even automatic. They did a bad job on this.

Edit: Why did this take 6 months? Could have fixed it in 3 days?

Edited by ekdrm2d1