BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

2 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

The parking garage is part of the podium.  It's hidden behind the office component.  Checkout ekdrm's photos above. 

It is a precast parking garage that abuts the structure. Not part of the tower otherwise it would be cast in place, not precast. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The amenity thing is a relatively new addition to Houston.  Some of the newer apartments / the ones with really nice pools & cabanas charge them.  My wife and I (which live/ have lived in Houston high rises with and without the fees) call it the "cabana charge".  If you see cabanas... there's probably an amenity fee.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Timoric said:

I predict another 20 building will go up in this area between 2020 and 2030, not sure how many went up this decade but there were a bunch

I have worked in this area since 2015 and have seen: BHP, Post Oak, Arabella, the ugly RD one (I forget the name), Amegy, Skyhouse, the one next to Skyhouse, the other one going up next to that, two Hanover towers, and I barely missed the BBVA building. Plus the 4400 Post Oak that just started.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gene said:

Yet is still makes me wonder...why in the heck hasn't Post Oak Corner been snatched up for re-development yet!? Its the ENTRANCE to what they are coining as a Grand Blvd!!! 

(bottom left of photo/empty lot and old abandoned bank building)

I keep wondering why Tillman just doesn't buy it and put something, ANYTHING there! haha! 

Those low rise apartments catty-corner to that "block" cant be long for this world either. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Those low rise apartments catty-corner to that "block" cant be long for this world either. 

A couple years ago Randall Davis was under contract to purchase that property but it fell through for some reason. I think there's a thread on it with renderings somewhere. 

• Like 5

Today at lunch there looked to be upper management etc eating outside at Ninfa's.

All the windows are still covered with paper etc but i do believe that this means it will be open in the next couple of weeks!

• Like 5