BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

As with all these projects, we happen to have very early information before anything is finalized. The projects can come and go off the drawing board fairly quickly.

Wulfe has several other projects around the city too. It all depends if there is momentum to move them forward from possible investors and financial insitutions. Quite often this is the case with many of our development we discussed. It may very well be several years before anything happens to this area.

What we do know is that Wulfe owns the two properties where they are currently planning their project. Which means They'll just have to decide when they will build the phases. My quess if this moves forward is that you'll see the residential towers go up first and maybe some of the retail after. The hotel may also go up when the retail comes. The office space would be almost last since it is not in as high demand currently.

We do know that the project would be phased and that the current retail establishments will be incorporated if they want to be into the new facility.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture from the Keating | Khang web site of "The Pavilion at Post Oak."

I assume it's the same project.

Keating's probably a good choice for it, since he's done a lot of work in Houston and seems to understand the city.

PostOak_Radler-elv-fin.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been discussed in other threads for a while, I would just like this to finally take off. Yeah I know loads of planning is involved, I'm just a bit anxious. It sounds great :)

Completion date is '09 for this and '07 for Houston Pavilions, with ground breaking only a few months apart. I'm sure there are other factors involved but two years difference <_<

Oh well as long as it gets built ;)

i know citykid09 will be happy once he reads about this.

this is good news but 2009 is too long away!

Edited by C2H

This has been discussed in other threads for a while, I would just like this to finally take off. Yeah I know loads of planning is involved, I'm just a bit anxious. It sounds great :)

Completion date is '09 for this and '07 for Houston Pavilions, with ground breaking only a few months apart. I'm sure there are other factors involved but two years difference <_<

Oh well as long as it gets built ;)

Notice the second clause of the following sentence taken from the article:

"The project is set to break ground at the end of this year and open in 2009, with parts opening much sooner ."

A couple factors involved in the longer construction timetable would be:

This project is larger than the Houston Pavilions project.

This project involves building new structures, then relocating current tenants to the new structures, then destroying existing buildings and building replacement structures; a good deal more complicated and time-consuming than starting with a stretch of empty land.

Edited by Houston19514

i know citykid09 will be happy once he reads about this.

this is good news but 2009 is too long away!

You're right! I thought this would never happen. I guess I was wrong.

Edited by citykid09