What's the construction on San Felipe @ S Post Oak Lane? They have cleared a new driveway on the left. (Accross the street from Four Leaf Towers.)

If both towers are on hold, why is there construction going on?

It's in between the old Eatzi's and the Sage Plaza (Randalls shopping center)

Edited by ekdrm2d1

anyone have any news about who the new retail tenants are going to be in this development? what is the status of the development is the office still being built? the whole foods? is there a residential component moving forward? what about the hotel?

i know the economy is tought right now but this is one of the top 5 locations in houston? anyone?

dream

They appear to be moving forward with the infrastructure for the project. There are workers there every day. I suppose they feel like they might have to do it since there is a lawsuit going on and it would look really bad for the City if construction for the new street and new utilities for the project also came to a hault.

That's my guess.

As for the residential tower by Hanover, it is on hold indefinitely. I've heard their inside design/architecture team may have even been quitfired.

I can't imagine the hotel (Ritz) moving forward in this market. There is no money for projects like this in a relatively unproven high end condo market like Houston.

They appear to be moving forward with the infrastructure for the project. There are workers there every day. I suppose they feel like they might have to do it since there is a lawsuit going on and it would look really bad for the City if construction for the new street and new utilities for the project also came to a hault.

That's my guess.

As for the residential tower by Hanover, it is on hold indefinitely. I've heard their inside design/architecture team may have even been quitfired.

I can't imagine the hotel (Ritz) moving forward in this market. There is no money for projects like this in a relatively unproven high end condo market like Houston.

You've been banned from HAIF for spreading the bad news. . . :P

Damn, that is terrible, I don't like that "on hold" really means, "not happening".

Thanks for the update, regardless of the news. Just sad. At least West Ave. made it to it's full potential.

They appear to be moving forward with the infrastructure for the project.

This is part of the on-going Uptown improvements (both utilities and San Felipe expansion). An excerpt:

San Felipe at Post Oak Lane

Beginning Friday, August 1, the intersection of Post Oak Lane and San Felipe will be under construction to install a 90" storm pipe across the intersection, which will provide the future connections for work on San Felipe and the extension of Post Oak Lane south.

More infor: http://www.uptown-houston.com/road/improve...provements.html

Great for the long-term but a hassle (San Felipe expansion & related work) that you to live with. I've been dealing with this work (on-and-off) since I moved to the area in 2002 so when I hear about opposition to general improvements across the city (light rail, etc) it kind annoys me. It's part of living in a dynamic city--you're eithering expanding or dying.

Edited by JJVilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the land is large enough for 80,000sf. They could always add on to it later. Hopefully, we'll have a jumbo store there. I have to look at it this way: Anything being built right now is a plus.

• 4 weeks later...
I thought a Whole Foods or something was moving in that space. The sign is STILL up? That was what, like two years ago?

they are. the eatzi's building still has all the signs because the building is vacant and is going to be knocked down eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Not about the project Blvd Place.

What is the latest information about the road construction on San Felipe from 610 to Sage?

I noticed by the old Eatzi's, there is newly paved concrete.

Lots of entrances to retail stores have the orange cones. Are they replacing pipes there?

Edit:

Ohh yeah! Last week I noticed the "Street Sign" at San Felipe & Post Oak was missing. The hanging facy street sign.

Will it be put back, after construction? That was so cool.

Edited by ekdrm2d1

What is the latest information about the road construction on San Felipe from 610 to Sage?

Lots of entrances to retail stores have the orange cones. Are they replacing pipes there?

Edit:

Ohh yeah! Last week I noticed the "Street Sign" at San Felipe & Post Oak was missing. The hanging facy street sign.

i believe the circular sign is coming back this week.

Edit:

They relocated one of the corner posts that it hung from. No reason to believe it won't return after construction is complete.

FYI

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/dining/6407232.html

Goodbye Cafe Annie; hello Restaurant RDG By ALISON COOK

These are the last days of Cafe Annie, the famous Houston outpost of Southwestern cuisine launched by celebrity chef Robert del Grande almost 30 years ago.

The doors will stay open through the end of May. Then, del Grande and his partners will move the operation a few blocks south, to a location at the corner of Post Oak Boulevard and Ambassador Way. The new place -- targeted to open around the third week of June -- will gather three different dining concepts with three different menus under the umbrella name of Restaurant RDG (as in the chefs initials).

On the ground floor will be the 30-seat Blvd. Lounge, described by del Grande as a drop-by meeting place for light meals, shareable hors doeuvres, cocktails and wines by the glass.

Upstairs, the 80-seat Bar Annie will feature an outdoor deck extending from its front-of-the-room quarters, with a menu adapted from the current Bar Annies.

Burgers, fun food, salads, all the things Houstonians like to eat, del Grande says. Fried shrimp, nachos, ceviche.

Also on the second floor will be the 80-seat Grill Room, where del Grandes regional stylings will still be in play, although in less fancy form than at Cafe Annie.

As Ive gotten older Im discovering I like things simpler, del Grande says. Here Ill be trying to focus on more primal fish and meats, then apply a little magic. In this era I wanted to make the restaurant more about the conviviality of dinner than the food itself.

Not, he adds quickly, that the food wont be great.

dine.features@chron.com

Brought to you by the HoustonChronicle.com

Pretty naive question here -

What are your thoughts on adding large (multiple story) signs/advertisements on the corner of the facades of developments such as BLVD Place? I can't post this on Development and Real Estate as the moderators are insisting on removing that from "Going Up", so I'll just post it on this project's thread.... I am referring to advertisements in Hollywood, CA and along Sunset Blvd., etc.... just to add to a more cosmopolitan feel and more retail oriented.... a large Ralph Lauren ad or Mikimoto or things like that...just wondering how that would impact and possibly 'spice up' Post Oak.

More importantly, is anyone aware of local restrictions precluding ads such as my previous example?

• 2 weeks later...
I passed by the other day and i saw a New Balance store about to open and Fastari. By, the way i'm back. Miss me? ;)

First time ever seeing a post from you.

But thanks for the update, glad to see some non construction activity to attract shoppers to the new site.

Galleria-Area Intersection Closed

19588007320x180.jpg

By Alana Gomez Dong

Thursday, May 28, 2009

UPDATED: 7:02 am CDT May 28, 2009

HOUSTON -- A normally busy Galleria-area intersection will be traffic-free for a few days, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday. video.gifWATCH IT: Busy Intersection Shut Down For Days The intersection of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe Street is closed until 5 a.m. Monday. The closure is part of a project to improve San Felipe Street, eventually having three lanes going both directions and a turn lane. John Breeding, president of the Uptown Houston District, said completing the construction over the next couple of days is better than spreading it out over time. "We can go in, make all the improvements very quickly and get out of there" said Breeding "If not, it takes 12 to 15 days spread out over six weekends." But some businesses are worried the detours will also re-route their customers. "Our biggest crowd is lunch, and if they have a hard time getting in or out and they only have 30 minutes, it will really hurt," one business manager said. Other drivers said finding detours will be difficult. "I know the area pretty good, but I just don't know it well enough to actually try and get around it," said Walter Evans, who uses the intersection regularly. Breeding suggested using the recently-constructed Post Oak Lane as a detour.

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19587873/detail.html

Edited by ekdrm2d1

Just a refresher.

The Old Finished Project Map

iz13dy.jpg

Current Project for this summer, with opening planned for June 2009, with the Pavilions Malls intact.

2u60gvn.jpg

hmmmm... that restaurant space being advertised was originally slated to be Americas. I had been wondering why we weren't hearing ANYthing about their impending move. Looks like they aren't moving in to the new space. Wonder what's up with that?