BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

• 1 month later...

Colvill Office Properties has been tapped to find tenants for the 350,000 square feet of office space planned for BLVD Place, a mixed-use develop-

ment at the corner of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe.

The 1.8-million-square-foot project was designed with a series of four-story buildings

• 2 weeks later...
Condo Tower scraped? Big time downsize of the Ritz??? See for yourself...(I'm inferring this)

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...t.d59a8d1b.html

nooooooooo....

I'm no expert, but don't banks still need to continue making loans to a certain extent, regardless of the situation if we want to get out of this mess? If anything, maybe they can look at our healthy economy and invest in it. Especially since we cater to an international market, too.

This could be really bad timing for Houston and development :(

making loans with what money? the credit markets are practically frozen right now, especially for projects requiring larger amounts of capital... so no, banks definitely do not need to continue making loans. quite the opposite, in fact... banks are hording whatever cash they do have in order to ensure that their depositors are protected.

and it isn't like this is an American problem, the credit markets across the globe are in serious strain right now, so our international exposure means little, i'd assume.

if the resue plan works, you'll definitely seeing an easing in the capital markets but some projects are bound to get redone, postponed, or scrapped altogether.

Damn i knew this was going to happen this is really bad news. i was so excited about all the developments going up in Houston. Blvd place was going to be so awesome but if the Ritz its scaled down and the condo is removed it is just not going to be the same. It will just be another mediocre shoping center.

Damn i knew this was going to happen this is really bad news. i was so excited about all the developments going up in Houston. Blvd place was going to be so awesome but if the Ritz its scaled down and the condo is removed it is just not going to be the same. It will just be another mediocre shoping center.

Looks like the issue was getting financing, I think the bill passing fixed that.

On a side note, I just despise down-sized projects.

It's like that ugly feeling you got at age 12 when you still have to do homework on Sunday evening.

nowhere in the article or video did wulfe say they were downsizing the hotel or scrapping the condo altogether... not saying that that won't be the case, but at this point that is purely speculation.

Your right. That's why I said I was inferring....

If you go back and watch the video or read the article, he clearly says that due to the financial crisis, they are going to have to revisit the project. To me, that can only mean one thing....not to mention that he said the Condo market in Houston was very soft. Hmmmmm, if they are going to revisit the project with a condo market that is soft, I figured it would be scraped. But again, Wulfe was not very clear.

Edited by wxman

If there is a God in heaven he will awnser my prayers and let this get built to it's original plans. Nothing scrapped or downsized. This is the project in Houston I am most excited about. I dont care if they stop everything else, just please let this one get built right!

Looks like the issue was getting financing, I think the bill passing fixed that.

Umm, unless it got fixed on Saturday or today, the bill did NOT fix that. Go back and read your business section. The reason the Dow dropped AFTER the bill passed is because the credit markets did not budge.

If there is a God in heaven he will awnser my prayers and let this get built to it's original plans. Nothing scrapped or downsized. This is the project in Houston I am most excited about. I dont care if they stop everything else, just please let this one get built right!

LMAO, are you that serious?? condos and retail, but do we really need the 80-story office tower anyway?? What we need is street-level connectivity, and mixed use projects. The office tower to me is a snooooooze.