• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crane going up this weekend according to the FAA filing.  

Well since these models have been revealed, I guess I can probably post the renderings...

Posted Images

I'm a bit irritated at the start of the construction. Was going to do a photo shoot at the corner of Post Oak lane @ San Felipe. There was a Ceramic style Bench/couch that I wanted to use.

It made me sad.

Actually, I cursed for a couple of hours.

I noticed that the other day. It's massive. I saw it from San Felipe. My guess is that it was much easier for them to have three trucks running a 150 yard loop to dig out that hole than to get 20+ running loops to whatever dump site they have. This way they can have the building going up while they slowly get rid of the dirt.

I'm most interested in this project because of its potential. Wish somene would build a stucture that has a huge HD tv screen to show the news and etc. on it like in Times Square. Wouldn't that look impressive driving down poat oak from the Galleria?

I'm most interested in this project because of its potential. Wish somene would build a stucture that has a huge HD tv screen to show the news and etc. on it like in Times Square. Wouldn't that look impressive driving down poat oak from the Galleria?

I don't think that would be impressive at all. Just cheesy and wasteful. Who in that area would care to look at a huge hd tv screen while driving down the street?

• Like 1

Do you own a wrecker? Because this is the best idea to keep wrecker drivers employed I've seen in quite a long time. Just imagine the fun of all the people on the West Loop craning their heads to see what is on the big screen and not seeing the car in front of them slamming on the brakes as it crests the hill at San Felipe.

Golyadkin - you'd not only have a giant TV out your window - you'd have live demolition derby out the other side of the building also. :lol:

• Like 1

Has anyone been to Times Square?

yeah many times and it's cheesy and lame... nothing but neon signs and chain restaurants crowded with droves of tourists. If you're gonna compare it to NYC a much more apt comparison would be Park or 5th Avenue, which is exactly what they're going for. Rodeo Drive would also be a good comparison.

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/29-story-tower-will-rise-near-the-Galleria-3937132.php

29-story tower will rise near the Galleria

A luxury apartment tower is set to break ground early next year just off Post Oak Boulevard, developers said Wednesday.

The project represents the continued progression of BLVD Place, the redevelopment of 21 acres at the southwest corner of Post Oak and San Felipe into an urban-style complex.

Hopefully this development will attract some prestige reatil and restaurants. Would love to see Emeril's or a restaurant owned by Bobbby Flay. Just Saying.

Honestly that is the last thin I would want. We have plenty of good chefs in this city that I would much rather support instead of some average restaurant with Bobby Flay's name on it where he will never cook.

• Like 3

A few days ago they covered the sign on the first crane that said "MORROW" with one that says "BLVD Place:"

DSC_0762.jpg?t=1350054413

From yesterday:

DSC_0769.jpg?t=1350054468

Also, looks like no Bloomingdale's after all:

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/10-11-12-new-important-restaurants-negotiating-to-move-into-blvd-place-tower-but-bloomingdales-is-out/

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to take my weekly update picture of the site (only update is they've added a sign that says "BELLOWS" to one of the cranes and finished some more columns and a section of wall) and noticed a great deal of smoke coming from behind 1300 Post Oak:

DSC_0793.jpg?t=1351550139

Turns out a townhouse on S. Post Oak Ln. @ Post Oak Timber was on fire:

DSC_0817.jpg?t=1351550187

DSC_0888-1.jpg?t=1351550234

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 2

I went to take my weekly update picture of the site (only update is they've added a sign that says "BELLOWS" to one of the cranes and finished some more columns and a section of wall) and noticed a great deal of smoke coming from behind 1300 Post Oak:

DSC_0793.jpg?t=1351550139

Turns out a townhouse on S. Post Oak Ln. @ Post Oak Timber was on fire:

DSC_0817.jpg?t=1351550187

DSC_0888-1.jpg?t=1351550234

Off topic but, looks like a first generation Cadillac Seville (1976-1979) was destroyed in the fire. That's a shame since it was apparently garage kept and probably well maintained. I'm not saying they were the greatest automobiles ever but it's sad to see something kept for so long - ~35 years - lost like this. I certainly hope no people or pets were injured.

It was a Cadillac, although I wouldn't say well maintained. It's what started the fire. Hearing the owner talking to the fire investigators, he mentioned that he went to start the car, and there was an explosion and the car caught fire and he couldn't put it out. As far as people or pets, from the conversations he and the investigators and neighbors were having, there were no pets involved and no one was injured.

More pictures are here:

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/bppedersen/Post%20Oak%20Fire/

(Because of how Photobucket does mass uploads, the earliest photos are at the end of the album.)

As far as the BLVD Place site goes (see, mods, I'm on topic! Don't delete my post! ;) ), I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this:

DSC_0894.jpg?t=1351612216

The crane appears to be anchored in the middle of the underground parking area. Are they just going to leave a hole in the building while the structure goes up around it? How are they going to deal with that?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Whole Foods and the surrounding buildings. The block bounded by San Felipe, Post Oak Blvd., Post Oak Ln., and Blvd Place Dr. in the bottom-right corner of this picture:

1.jpg

And for reference for my pictures, relative to this map, they are being taken from right about...

...............................here: X

Edited by Golyadkin
  • 1 month later...

It appears that site prep work as officially begun for the residential tower (this one: http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hanover-blvd-place-revised.jpg). The site is fenced off, the trees are cleared out, and this thing went up Monday:

DSC_0308_zpsecc70b24.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what that thing is. I want to say it's like this thing from the BBVA site last year: http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/bppedersen/Architecture%20Photos/DSC_0078.jpg, but there isn't a distinct drill-looking thing it in.