BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

we absolutely concur gene!  many of us have been awaiting new updates as per "blvd place" for quite some time now.  how far along are they with prospective tenant leases?  do they have a finalization of prospective tenants, or are they still searching?  what about tenants like "hermes" are they staying or are they moving to "river oaks district" as previously publicized?  what in the heck is going on as per the prospective "ritz carlton"?  are they in talks with another prospective hotel chain?  yes gene, we definitely concur.  this property is just too high profile as well cutting edge.....  not to have more direct news / updates available.  keep up the good fight our pal....   we are definitely backing you upon this venture.  monarch

haha yeah and old photos with the old pavilion in them are still up so those need to be changed...as well as update with the names of the new tenants and possible opening dates etc...i mean come on updating a site is more than just adding some new pics to old photo albums.... ;)

and they havent updated the news section since 10/20/2013

• Like 1

The Hanover building is turning into one of those rare cases where the building looks better than the renderings. The building has some really nice brick work going on.

Do you have any pictures of the nice brick work? From the view I have from my office it doesn't look all that great from afar.

Do you have any pictures of the nice brick work? From the view I have from my office it doesn't look all that great from afar.

I don't, I was just noticing when I was driving by the other day. The are using light tan and almost black brick, and tehy are doing some sort of fins running vertically; looks nice.

The flat south and east sides of the Hanover tower are being clad with what looks like light-colored brick, in combo with a dark brick-like surface.  The latter seems to echo similar material on the facades of the new buildings facing Post Oak.  OTOH, the curved side facing NE looks like it won't have much, if any, brick.  That's the side that most of the publicly distributed renderings have shown ... which is probably why the brick came as a surprise to us.  

In any case, the building is starting to look different than I expected.  I'm reserving judgement on whether I like it or not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya know, even with some of the strip centers in Uptown.... at least most of them aren't garbage... this is gonna be one busy part of the city... I see lots and lots of foot traffic

It already is. Westheimer is already unbearable as it is and they usually have police trying to direct traffic at Post Oak. Keyword: trying. They sometimes seem to cause more problems than they solve, especially with the amount of confused drivers we have in this city.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1