BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

2 hours ago, gene said:

I honestly hope they take down the wrapped rope lights on the arches....it was "fun" for Christmas but i think its kinda of chintzy for the rest of the year... 

Would be kind of cool though if those were perforations in the metal and the arches were illuminated by LEDs from the inside.  You could have some cool effects.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brijonmang said:

Would be kind of cool though if those were perforations in the metal and the arches were illuminated by LEDs from the inside.  You could have some cool effects.

well maybe but not in that pattern?...i dont know what about it i dont like...maybe if it were just a straight arc but the wrapping around just screams "thrown on" to me haha! 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

COATZ2S.jpg

The lower left hand side of this building looks impressive inside! I am guessing this will be the main lobby? its all glass with an exposed 2 story staircase etc...cant wait to see it finished!

and on another note...the arches are still wrapped in christmas lights on post oak however they were off all weekend! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, swtsig said:

that might be the lobby for the office component. recall that hanover is moving their offices into this building.

Oh wow yeah that is definitely the case then!!! Makes a lot of sense as it LOOKS more like an office building lobby! Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Timoric said:

Are those the highest elevation palm trees in Houston?

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

The ones at the Catalyst are higher.

I think there are quite a few higher, possibly starting with Hanover Post Oak next door

2929 Weslayan

2727 Kirby

One Park Place

Dominion Post Oak

Arabella

etc.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

To each his own, but I can't comment since I've never had those sopapillas from Panchos. This is the only picture I could find of what they once called the chocolate banana at Ninfas, but it's different than I remember and it doesn't do it justice. It used to come with whip cream and vanilla ice cream and chocolate both melted inside the empanada w/ the banana and drizzled on top of the empanada.

Banana empanadas ninfas.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Will Ninfa’s BLVD Place offer mole dishes? :lol:

I love me some Ninfa's! and...the Ciao Bella 1 1/2 blocks away (in the Randall's Plaza) from this new Ninfa's is being replaced by Los Tios! I will be surrounded by Mexican Food now! Yay me! (*Blanco's Tequila + Tacos in the Galleria Mall is awesome btw)

• Like 3

NOPE. It's south of the two HANOVER  buildings and is a deep but narrower lot.  One of those jenga block high rises would look great there and keep the views from the two Hanover buildings from being blocked. I'm not sure who owns the other vacant lot that is next to our park bench.  All in all, its been slow going with this development. Over a decade and three major blocks and two smaller development sites ( on the south and west of the Whole Foods c complex) still vacant.

9 minutes ago, richfish said:

Love the white marble covering the 2nd/3rd floors. Looks really posh in person, and is such a striking change from all the typical concrete podiums. This is how to hide a parking garage.

The parking garage is not part of the structure. The building goes all the way to the ground. That is Hanover's new office. 

• Like 2