BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

Apache Corp announced they will be closing their tula office and relocate some to Houston, in line with what will become one of three super regions. .I was just wondering does this increase the odds of them building their tower or decrease it?

Apache Corp announced they will be closing their tula office and relocate some to Houston, in line with what will become one of three super regions. .I was just wondering does this increase the odds of them building their tower or decrease it?

Super regions? I'm intrigued now and I didn't find anything searching via Google, so if you'd care to elaborate on that I'd appreciate it.

I'm not sure the relocations are going to generate the demand for the new building. Apache's been under pressure from activist shareholders to "maximize shareholder value". Which is often code for sell or break up the company. It certainly does not favor new office construction - especially when oil is still only $59 a barrel. We'll see if these plans get revisited when oil hits $75 a barrel again.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of months back (April?) development sent out asking for pricing updates on the project. But this would be the 3rd or 4th time they asked people to price and it didn't seem like much came of it; my understanding was it was purely a budget update and no design change since early last year. I personally like the building and think it would be a good add, but with all the stop start on this and with the way oil is (market fluctuations were the reason the project kept getting put on hold) it seems like it'll never happen.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

i thought i heard that apache is going through some hard times which might not give them the opportunity to build, anyone knows if this would be correct or maybe they would hold on before building? thanks.

I thought I heard the same, but apparently a contractor was selected a month or two ago, so I would imagine they are moving forward (for real this time)...

Edited by amashgo
  • Like 2

I thought I heard the same, but apparently a contractor was selected a month or two ago, so I would imagine they are moving forward (for real this time)...

Just a thought though, a contractor was selected for 6 Houston Center like 2 years ago and we see where thats at.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In 2012, Apache bought a site in BLVD Place on Post Oak at San Felipe to build a new tower, but never broke ground. Since oil prices began to fall, the company has been laying off workers and its CEO has stepped down. Earlier this year the company said it had no immediate plans to develop the site.

"Apache has been reviewing various options for its long-term facility needs, including the possibility of constructing a new building at 1770 Post Oak Blvd.," according to a company statement emailed to the Chronicle Tuesday.

"The lease extension gives Apache additional time to review all possibilities and make the best decision for the company. A final, long-term facility decision will be made after a thorough review of all options with a focus on what makes the most sense financially and strategically for the company."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Apache-extends-lease-in-Post-Oak-Central-6608320.php?t=6d4f7022d5438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

http://realtynewsreport.com/2015/11/12/the-future-of-houston-and-its-shopping-centers-qa-with-ed-wulfe-the-dean-of-texas-retail-real-estate/

BLVD Place is a long-term, mixed-use complex of many parts.  Our goal when we first started BLVD Place about eight years ago was that we wanted to raise the development bar along Post Oak and help lead the area to the next level and into the 21st century. We envisioned that there was a strong need and opportunity to create in Uptown a whole city where people can live, work and shop and show Houston’s urbanization process was underway. We’ve finished the first and second phases of BLVD Place, which are about 95 percent leased. The third phase — retail integrated with office — is scheduled begin sometime next year.  It will be similar to the first and second phases — two levels of retail and four levels of office. The fourth phase, which will be multifamily residential with some offices, is still in the planning stages.  Apache Corp. also owns a large site in BLVD Place with plans to build its corporate headquarters.  The Uptown/Post Oak area is a super strong and substantial urban marketplace, a city within a city.
  • Like 6

From SSP:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=7233069&postcount=9350

I see some activity next door to Hanover residential tower in Blvd Place.  Construction crew has been parking there and maybe they are doing soil testing?  I believe the plan is to have a hotel/residential high rise on that spot.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/11/exclusive-major-multifamily-developer-under.html

The Hanover Co. is under contract to buy land in the Galleria area, possibly for a new luxury apartment project.

The Houston-based multifamily developer plans to purchase a parcel of land just south of its Hanover Post Oak luxury apartment tower off South Post Oak Lane. The deal is expected to close by mid-January.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, a relatively new brand with a long history, is consolidating its local offices into a high-profile urban space in Uptown.

New York-based NGKF has leased 38,582 square feet for a regional headquarters in 2 BLVD Place at 1700 Post Oak Blvd. at San Felipe near The Galleria. The company will take up the bulk of the office space in the building, which also houses North Italia restaurant and a Verizon retail store, and is part of the BLVD Place mixed-use development."It's an opportunity for us to introduce the brand to the community and put all of our resources and people together," said Neal Golden, vice chairman of NGKF. "It's just a first step in the expansion and the growth of the Newmark brand in Texas."

The move will bring together nearly 100 employees from NGKF's local offices, including brokers from ARA Newmark, the national apartment brokerage firm acquired by NGKF's parent company, BGC Partners, in December 2014.

"We now offer a distinct advantage for our multihousing clients with ARA Newmark's direct ability to tap into the global debt, equity and investment markets," Matthew Rotan, vice chairman of ARA Newmark, said in an announcement. "Perfecting our service model to provide investment sales strategies and services, as well as facilitating private and institutional debt and equity assignments throughout the client transaction process, is our ultimate goal."NGKF, which traces its roots back to 1929, is among the biggest commercial real estate brokerage firms, along with CBRE Group, JLL, Cushman & Wakefield and Colliers International, according to a recent ranking by the National Real Estate Investor publication based on global transaction value. The company, which aligned with Knight Frank of London in 2006, provides a full range of commercial real estate services to tenants, landlords, investors and developers. Grubb was added to the company name after BGC Partners acquired the assets of commercial real estate firm Grubb & Ellis in 2012.

NGKF has been expanding in major cities in the U.S. and Texas, and the new Houston office offers the benefits of a "24-7 environment" with places to live, work and play, Golden said. Being in one building allows NGKF to provide better service to its clients, and the space allows room for growth.

Employees recently moved into the new BLVD Place office after relocating from nearby buildings on Post Oak Boulevard and on San Felipe. The second floor of the office, which will be the main entrance, is still being finished with completion planned in March.

Other parts of the BLVD Place complex include a flagship Whole Foods Market, a Frost Bank regional headquarters, and the 30-story Hanover Post Oak apartment building.

"We are pleased that NGKF selected our development because of their extensive knowledge and experience with commercial properties," said Ed Wulfe, chairman and CEO of Wulfe & Co., the managing partner of the development.

With the deal, BLVD Place is 98 percent leased. There is room for additional buildings, but no timetable for construction yet.

"We have future plans to expand with approximately 135,000 square feet of office retail and restaurant space, similar to the existing buildings," Wulfe said.

Lispah Hogan, executive managing director of NGKF, represented her firm in the lease. Marilyn Guion and Connor Saxe of Colvill Office Properties and Elise Weatherall of Wulfe & Co. represented the landlord. BLVD Place is owned by a fund managed by Bailard of Foster City, Calif., and advised by Stockbridge Capital Group of San Francisco.

NGKF and its London-based partner Knight Frank operate more than 370 office worldwide with 12,800 professionals.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Deal-of-the-Week-Real-estate-broker-consolidates-6778583.php

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...