Just wanted to give you guys my experience with realtors

Mr. Smarts

I'm currently on the market to purchase a home or condo. I went out looking with my fiance and found most sellers try to be to aggressive. I dont mind that, but its does get on my nerves when they tell me exactly what it is I need.

A couple of years ago I bought my current home with a realtor, its on the outskirts of The heights, an area I wasn't even looking at. But sure am glad I did. When I "hired" or picked my realtor I wanted someone patient to find me a home and willing to spend weekends with us and show us different places.

This is how and why I picked my real estate agent and why I called her earlier this week to find me a new place.

-First of all, I knew that I wanted to take my time in finding a home. I wasn't in a hurry and didn't want to feel pressured into buying the 10th house I visisted. I figured that I should look for a younger agent who generally isn't as busy as an older and experienced agent. The older folk tend to be swamped with work and have assistants call your back or never return your emails because they aren't into that "thing."

-I wanted a young lady because they tend to be more into style and know what the younger working crowd is looking for in a home. Nothing against the older ladies.

After considering this I made my choice and picked a solid agent. I've never sold with her but I will probably sell my current home with her and have her look for our new place.

Plus given the fact that I can go with her to looks at new model homes and not have to be bothered by the selling agents. They deal with her and I can look and ask her questions.

What do you guys think about my reasoning?

I'm currently on the market to purchase a home or condo. I went out looking with my fiance and found most sellers try to be to aggressive. I dont mind that, but its does get on my nerves when they tell me exactly what it is I need.

A couple of years ago I bought my current home with a realtor, its on the outskirts of The heights, an area I wasn't even looking at. But sure am glad I did. When I "hired" or picked my realtor I wanted someone patient to find me a home and willing to spend weekends with us and show us different places.

This is how and why I picked my real estate agent and why I called her earlier this week to find me a new place.

-First of all, I knew that I wanted to take my time in finding a home. I wasn't in a hurry and didn't want to feel pressured into buying the 10th house I visisted. I figured that I should look for a younger agent who generally isn't as busy as an older and experienced agent. The older folk tend to be swamped with work and have assistants call your back or never return your emails because they aren't into that "thing."

I wanted a young lady because they tend to be more into style and know what the younger workingcrowd is looking for in a home. Nothing against the older ladies.

After considering this I made my choice and picked a solid agent. I've never sold with her but I will probably sell my current home with her and have her look for our new place.

This is the agent I picked. www.thebyocity.com If its not allowed to post personal realtor info I will gladly take it off. But I mostly wanted to post some information about my reasoning in picking the realor I ended up picking.

Plus given the fact that I can go with her to looks at new model homes and not have to be bothered by the selling agents. They deal with her and I can look and ask her questions.

That's interesting...so you support age discrimination?

I thought your fiancee was a real estate agent? (per this post: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...indpost&p=85931)

My fiance is a realtor, she has been helping me look for place.

What makes this agent better than your soon-to-be wife?

I want to hear THAT reasoning <_<

OR is your fiancee an "old lady"? :lol:

So are you seriously telling us that your real estate agent AND your licensed real estate agent fiancee are NOT the same person??? :o

I thought your fiancee was a real estate agent? (per this post: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...indpost&p=85931)

So are you seriously telling us that your real estate agent AND your licensed real estate agent fiancee are NOT the same person??? :o

well. my fiance isn't exactly a realtor yet.. Shes taking her courses.. She doesnt have the hang of things yet, so we both decided it was best to find someone who could dedicate their time to us..

Although I must say the realtor we are using is very visually appealing :wub:

concerning the age discrimination. I look at it as "taste" discrimination. :lol::lol::lol: As long as i'm not an employer I can pick who I want and why I want them. :lol::lol:

Good thing I'm not a boss, I'd be a bad one. B)

I say whatever works for you is what you should do.

I must scratch my head at the part about a younger lady knowing about style. Seems to me you ought to buy what you (and possibly the fiance) like, not what some realtor says the hip crowd likes. Last time I checked, you pay the mortgage, not them. It also doesn't sound like you plan to stay in this house very long. Style changes quickly among the young. If you buy a house based on what is stylish to the young, you'll be hurting when their fickle tastes change.

I would suggest figuring out what appeals to you, then tell your attractive realtor to look for homes that match your tastes, not hers...unless of course, you've got the hots for her. Then, by all means, go with her tastes. :lol:

I say whatever works for you is what you should do.

I must scratch my head at the part about a younger lady knowing about style. Seems to me you ought to buy what you (and possibly the fiance) like, not what some realtor says the hip crowd likes. Last time I checked, you pay the mortgage, not them. It also doesn't sound like you plan to stay in this house very long. Style changes quickly among the young. If you buy a house based on what is stylish to the young, you'll be hurting when their fickle tastes change.

I would suggest figuring out what appeals to you, then tell your attractive realtor to look for homes that match your tastes, not hers...unless of course, you've got the hots for her. Then, by all means, go with her tastes. :lol:

Your right about looking out for what I want. The reason I say I used a "younger" realtor was because I'm 28, a couple year ago when I was looking for homes, I was 26. I started looking for homes with a real nice realtor, she was probably in her late 50s. Most of the homes she showed me had older characteristics to them. Which just didn't do it for me.

I know this is almost impossible to ask for, but I wanted someone who could read my mind and know what I wanted. Knowing thats impossible, I decided on finding a younger realtor who possibly had the same tastes as I. Given, it might be harder to resell certain properties that only appeal to certain buyers. But then again, so do the older homes with weird color schemes and green appliances. :lol:

What I did with this realtor was tell her a little about our life and what we wanted in the home and from the home. Maybe if I would have been more direct with the other realtor, she would have found us more properties. Or maybe she wouldn't have understood what is was that we wanted.

• The title was changed to Just wanted to give you guys my experience with realtors

Archived