Summit Plaza: Retail Center At 3800 Southwest Fwy.

So I pass by Summit Place or Plaza, right next to Lakewood Church/Compaq Cente/Summit, and that project look totally idiotic. First I noticed that the pyramid shaped caps on the towers were way out of proportion to the rest of the building (all the had to do was copy the cap on the Mercedes dealership next door) then they are building a garage behind it that you can see is towering over it from the freeway. Doesn't look like the architects did any mass models! To top it off, the garage look like it will be unfinished concrete while the store fronts are brick! Talk about another uninspired project for Houston. I was hoping that something good would be built there. I also hate the Spanish Colonial strip malls they built on the other side of the freeway, replete with the fake tile roofs. Why can't the city embrace some modern architecture for once?

• Like 1

So I pass by Summit Place or Plaza, right next to Lakewood Church/Compaq Cente/Summit, and that project look totally idiotic. First I noticed that the pyramid shaped caps on the towers were way out of proportion to the rest of the building (all the had to do was copy the cap on the Mercedes dealership next door) then they are building a garage behind it that you can see is towering over it from the freeway. Doesn't look like the architects did any mass models! To top it off, the garage look like it will be unfinished concrete while the store fronts are brick! Talk about another uninspired project for Houston. I was hoping that something good would be built there. I also hate the Spanish Colonial strip malls they built on the other side of the freeway, replete with the fake tile roofs. Why can't the city embrace some modern architecture for once?

Sounds bad does any body have any pics.

I almost hate strip malls as much as surface lots

• Like 1

Summit Place will have plenty of surface parking to match the dealership next door. Just think, we lost green space for this cr*p.

The garage behind the strip mall is for the apartments going up behind it by Camden. The apartments are 4 stories tall but are pretty friggin' generic.

• Like 1

AIM.

Right before the bottom fell out of the market, AIM was going to build this tower as their headquarters. Instead, the market tanked, scandals broke out, Houston fell into a small Enron funk, AIM downsized in their current Greenway Plaza digs, and now we have a strip mall.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Summit Plaza Shopping Center
  • 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Summit Plaza Shopping Center Developments
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The group behind local poke restaurant Ono Poke is opening a new concept at Summit Plaza.

Aburi will be located at 3800 Southwest Fwy, Ste 104. It's moving into the former home of Michiru Sushi.

The Instagram page associated with the restaurant does not provide details about the concept. However, going off the name, it could be a Japanese restaurant dedicated to flame-seared sushi.

https://www.instagram.com/aburihtx/

• The title was changed to Summit Plaza: Retail Center At 3800 Southwest Fwy.