Hottest Houston News Personalities

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked Lisa Foronda until i actually met her. She's a b!tch in person. Just like Cynthia Hunt.

I don't know anything about Cynthia Hunt, but you're right about Foronda. I've seen her deliberately ignore people she works with on a day-to-day basis when they run into each other in public. And I don't mean co-workers that you see across the office, or simply nod to in the hallway. I mean people whose name she knows, who talk to her dozens of times a day over the course of years, and upon whom her career depends -- then she just completely blows them off when she gets behind them in line at the West Gray Kroger and they turn around and say "hi." Completely rude. I wonder how many years it's been since she wrote a single line of copy or did any work other than posing for publicity photos.

I thought it was pretty funny when the Houston Press referenced her as "Anchor of undetermined ethnicity." For the record: Philippina.

Foronda...I wonder how many years it's been since she wrote a single line of copy or did any work other than posing for publicity photos.

She is a pretty teleprompter reader. Did you think she ever wrote copy? She's no different than Fryer, Lorel, Ward or any of the other nightly teleprompter readers. I could do as well but I'm just not that pretty nowadays :lol:

B)

Lisa Foronda

Jan Jeffcoat

Gina Gaston

Jessica Willey (bonus points for the coolest last name in the world)

Mia Gradney

Ed Brandon

...and award for least hot personality: Deborah Wrigley! :( Sorry to say, but she always looks like she just climbed out of a casket!

2165573.jpg

Ooh! Mia Gradney. Good choice. And best of all -- one of the nicest, sweetest, most genuine people you will ever meet.

It's not the first time. KHOU's own Stephanie Sandoval was really Stephanie Applewhite. It's amazing what a tanning bed can do. Though she was actually dating a Mexican personal trainer out in El Paso, so I guess she thought that gave her street cred. Don't know if they stayed together after she went to the Fox station in Phoenix.

Man, I have some killer stories about her overcompensating, trying to pretend she's Mexican. They don't translate well in text, though because it's all about the accent.

Only one person got it right--JAN JEFFCOAT!!!

I remember her from the WBTV days in Charlotte.

Speaking of Charlotte, I didn't know that Tonia Bendickson came from Houston--I also remember when I first started seeing her on the news in Charlotte.

But back to the subject at hand--Jan Jeffcoat is my pick for the best in Houston, but that Ilona Carson is also very attractive and Mia Gradney--what network does she work for? I must see her :).

By the way, before she left Charlotte, Jan Jeffcoat was rated as either the sexiest woman in Charlotte or the sexiest newsanchor--I can't remember. And this was during the time that Bendickson was there.

A word about Foronda--I don't know why she always rates highly for people, and for that matter, Sachse doesn't do it for me either.

And in ten years, Jeffcoat will still be gettin' it done. Must be the Indian in her, ;)

I don't think I even knew there was a Channel 55...

Oh yes. The dwindling 55; on its way to becoming a 24 hour infomercial.

:sigh: Here I go again. I miss Alfred Hitchcock so much. It's been about a year since they took it off and I just can't get over it. It would help if Universal would speed up with the DVD sets. I'm a broken record.

Only one person got it right--JAN JEFFCOAT!!!

And in ten years, Jeffcoat will still be gettin' it done. Must be the Indian in her, ;)

I always wondered what nationality she was. I'm assuming you mean American Indian vs. Asian Indian?

Concerning Jan, I don't know about the Japanese part, but I am speaking of the American Indian part. I'm pretty sure she is primarily black and native American. But she could also be part Japanese and part white too.

I just remember her talking about that in an article back in Charlotte, and how tough it was for her to be multiracial growing up in South Carolina (her home state).

And here's another thing that should get her some fans in this forum--I believe she is married to an architect. When her upcoming marriage to this architect was announced in Charlotte, I don't think it took away from her "impression" on the male populace in the Carolinas, even though the local newspaper thought that it would...possibly.

hillarious thread! this is just what i needed today.

for those interested

jane jeffcoat

The pictures on her website don't look like her on the news at all. I would not have known it was even her! I think someone has the "cynthia hunt" syndrome myself i.e. big ego.

I don't think that she has a big ego at all. But I do agree that the pics don't look as much like her...neverless, she is still beautiful to me.

Also, KimberlySayWhat mentioned that Jan Jeffcoat is half Japanese or at least partly Japanese...I'd have to agree since she is on the front of this month's Yellow Magazine with several other Asian media beauties of Houston (for those who don't know, Yellow is Houston's 1-year-old Asian magazine). That's the fineness that I recognize ;)

Like I said though, I don't know her total background, but I still think there is a good deal of black and Native American chromosomes at work in addition to East Asian. Maybe someone can find out...or maybe it's not that crucial, lol :D

Also, I know we aren't talking about radio personalities, but a Priscilla Kwan from KSBJ was on the mag too, and I must also give her the thumbs up.

EDIT: KSW, you are correct. She is 1/2 Japanese, 1/4 Native American, and 1/4? Her dad is half Native American and half (don't know). Her mom is 100% Japanese.

http://www.yellowmags.com/Yellow_May05_Web.pdf

Just looked at the Jan Jeffcoat site. Ick. Not my cup of tea.

There was a message on one of the TV industry web sites a few years ago when she started at WBTV complaining that she had no news experience, but the poster wasn't able to back it up with any proof or evidence.

Byron Miranda

I wouldn't say he was hot, but I do love his sense of humour! Where did channel 2 find him? At last someone with a real personality. The latest "blonde bimbo" they recruited (Lauren Freeman) is no match for his wit in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Reggie Aqui

Andy Cerota

Ryan Korsgard (more cute than hot to me)

Frank Billingsley when he was younger and on Channel 13.

Ones that are gone -- Chuck George, Bill Bellis.

I've always thought Lisa Foronda was always very pretty.

As for Cynthia Hunt, she has always annoyed me. She seemed to have a huge ego, and wanted to turn even the most minor of stories into major catastrophes. I had no idea she was gone from Channel 2 since I so rarely watch it.

An interesting note about Ryan Korsgard, Cynthia Hunt, and Gasia Mikaelian -- all have worked at Channel 2 here, and all were reporters early in their careers at WAFF-48, the NBC affiliate in Huntsville, AL.

You guys are forgetting the queen of Houston news:

SHERN-MIN-CHOW.jpg

Does anyone else find Shern-Min Chow annoying?

At least you the anchors and reporters in Houston are decent. In Lubbock, they're all old, washed up news people from other cities, or newbies who don't have the slightest idea what they're doing.

You guys are forgetting the queen of Houston news:

SHERN-MIN-CHOW.jpg

Does anyone else find Shern-Min Chow annoying?

At least you the anchors and reporters in Houston are decent. In Lubbock, they're all old, washed up news people from other cities, or newbies who don't have the slightest idea what they're doing.

I think pretty much all local news is crap, regardless of the city. NY and LA are decent but for the most part most cities are bad.

Archived