Considering the events of yesterday

Heights2Bastrop

I think illegal aliens feel as if they won the battle yesterday. That may or may not be. However, yesterday, they just may have lost the war.

Nothing changed yesterday. Wealthy Republican business owners already knew how many illegals worked for them, and they are still telling their bought and paid for Congressmen not to get rid of them. Congress, on the other hand, has to figure out how to cater to their paying clients, while placating their voting ones.

Same as it ever was.

Red, be honest, you don't want to get rid of them either, right ?

Of course not!

What have immigrants ever done to me? They work hard at low wages. They try to teach me Spanish. They've worked for me, both when I managed a chain restaurant, and owned my own restaurant. They remind me what it must have been like for my own grandparents to come here over 100 years ago.

I cannot for the life of me, imagine a situation where my arrogance and conceit over having been born on American soil justifies telling these people that I am going to rip their families apart, and scatter them across South America, for no other reason than I was born here and they were not.

What could have possibly made you question whether I wanted to get rid of them?

I think illegal aliens feel as if they won the battle yesterday. That may or may not be. However, yesterday, they just may have lost the war.

I'm not too worried about the wealthy Anglo Republican males that run this country losing a made-up "war" to Pedro and Jaunita-unless those same wealthy Anglo Republican males continue to drive our economy into the dirt.

Then it won't matter for we will all be Pedros and Juanitas.

I'm not too worried about the wealthy Anglo Republican males that run this country losing a made-up "war" to Pedro and Jaunita-unless those same wealthy Anglo Republican males continue to drive our economy into the dirt.

Then it won't matter for we will all be Pedros and Juanitas.

Most of our elected officials are worried about losing a vote, Republicans and Democrats alike. Did you see Ted Kennedy on television trying to diffuse the situation? He thinks he has some pull but doesn't realize most people can't name the 3 Presidents cause they dropped out of school! When it comes right down to it, they'll say that they want reform, but will go with the vote.

Nmainguy YOU may be a Juanita, but I know i'm a Pedro! :D

Archived