Funniest 15 Minutes On C-SPAN Ever

RedScare

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes because all "Leftist" are drug addicts-like Limbaugh; compulsive gambelers-like Bennet; pre-marital sexers-like ronald Reagan and Nancy Davis; drunk drivers-like W; serial divorcees-like Carol Keeton McClellan Rylander...sorry, I can't recall the rest of her married names...anyway, I agree-them there damn "Leftists" don't no nuthin 'bout decency!

:lol:

.......and of course we all know that the Libs don't have ANYBODY like THAT in their fold. Did you really type "pre-marital sexers" ? :lol::lol::lol: How about serial molestors like Clinton, drunk driving killers like Kennedy ? Jesse Jackson having illegitimate children. Yep, let's put'em ALL on a pedestal and throw rocks !

.......and of course we all know that the Libs don't have ANYBODY like THAT in their fold. Did you really type "pre-marital sexers" ? :lol::lol::lol: How about serial molestors like Clinton, drunk driving killers like Kennedy ? Jesse Jackson having illegitimate children. Yep, let's put'em ALL on a pedestal and throw rocks !

I don't think his point was that the "left" doesn't have it's share of morally deficient people I think his point was the "right" doesn't have a monopoly on "decency".

Although I was a bit uncomfortable, I loved it all at the same time. The Helen Thomas bit was hilarious!

If there was anything I thought was a tad overboard, it was the gestures to Justice Scalia, although I can't say I haven't wanted to give him the same gestures myself. That lacked a bit of respect IMO.

Now if Stephen Colbert ends up missing.........

The thing is many times Conservative Republicans are so vocal on how immoral EVERYONE ELSE is, they forget their own shortcomings.

One of my most used phrases is, "at the end of the day, we are all the same". That's why I'm never shocked when something shaddy comes to light about someone from the "right". For the most part, we are all vulnerable to the same things...ask Jennifer Fitzgerald ;) .

TJ,

I think west20th made my point for me. BTW, I didn't mention the current First Lady in regards to killer drivers. Was she drunk or just on another drug run? Who knows.

B)

Redscare- You made my day. Thanks for the LINK.

Now, to give credit, I gotta hand it to Scalia. He was laughing his arse off during his part.

Sad though that it takes Comedy Friggin Central to expose the truth...

TJ,

I think west20th made my point for me. BTW, I didn't mention the current First Lady in regards to killer drivers. Was she drunk or just on another drug run? Who knows.

B)

Your point should be that when you are gonna name drop, make sure you are dropping on BOTH sides. But, if you aren't, don't be upset when it gets thrown back at you, "Those who live in Glass Houses". psssssssttt, btw, I am just as guilty as you though. :P

Colbert didn't really hurt anybody, or say anything that hasn't already been said. I don't recall anyone else going up there to twist knives though. Like I said, just bad form. He did not have to go there with some of that material that his writers came up with. Probably wouldn't have looked sooooo bad if he had been one of the first or second to go up there. -_-

Ring, ring, hello Kettle? Pot here, you're BLACK!

ROFLMFAO !!! :lol::lol::lol:

samflag2.jpg

Geeze, what was I thinking. Expecting a Leftist to comprehend the meaning of “decency”. I shoulda knowed better!

Of course we comprehend the meaning of "decency". It's been explained to us by the Right.

Janet Jackson's right nipple - indecent.

Janet Jackson's left nipple - not great, but decent.

And crooked election results, torturing prisoners, dismantling the Bill of Rights, starting wars under false pretenses, spying without warrents on citizens, bald-face lies; why, they're the most decent of all.

Sev, I have seen alot of Colbert's comedy, but you don't get invited to someone's house for a nice evening, and take a dump on their coffee table because YOU think it might be funny. Bad form ol' chap.

I think you got the wrong analogy TJones. I think a better analogy would be you don't invite a bull into a china shop if you don't want any broken dishes. They knew exactly what the were getting when they hired Colbert. If you hire U2 to play a concert, would you question why they played rock music? If a liberal group hired Ann Coulter to speak at a dinner, would people complain after the fact that she spent the whole night making fun of liberals?

I think you got the wrong analogy TJones. I think a better analogy would be you don't invite a bull into a china shop if you don't want any broken dishes. They knew exactly what the were getting when they hired Colbert. If you hire U2 to play a concert, would you question why they played rock music? If a liberal group hired Ann Coulter to speak at a dinner, would people complain after the fact that she spent the whole night making fun of liberals?

Precisely! The people at the event looked uncomfortable at times because the jokes weren't funny to them. I would also guess that some of it went over their heads. Colbert's wit is very quick and people in Washington politics, well, aren't.

But the fact is, Colbert has huge balls to say what he did at that event. It's apparently ok for a Bush impersonator to come out and make fun of Silly Bush and the silly things he says ("Ha, what a doofus Bush is!") but make pointed remarks about his policies or photo ops and it's not funny and its mean-spirited? DC politicians are not the best barometer of comedy.

Also, for the record, Scalia made the same offending gestures to a reporter very recently... so Colbert was simply making fun of that. And Scalia found it to be the funniest thing ever. However, the conservative blogosphere was shaking with fury at Colbert for such profound disrespect towards Scalia. Wow.

I finally got around to watching the video, and I was unimpressed. These events are usually pretty funny; I try to watch every year. But Colbert's stuff wasn't funny. It wasn't even clever. It was just boring.

I keep reading in the newspaper about how liberals are up in arms that the media hasn't done anything with the Colbert speech. The reason is pretty simple: it was a non-event.

Nah, the reason is even more simple than that...

The press is ignoring it because if they take up the hot button issues from his gag (lying about the war, revealing CIA operative names, hosting staged press conferences, etc...) then they would get their White House Press access pulled.

We're living in scary times but conseratives just can't seem to see it. I guess they are too occupied by the Spanish Anthem, gay marriage, and whatever else will be cooked up to obscure the real issues?

Nah, the reason is even more simple than that...

The press is ignoring it because if they take up the hot button issues from his gag (lying about the war, revealing CIA operative names, hosting staged press conferences, etc...) then they would get their White House Press access pulled.

We're living in scary times but conseratives just can't seem to see it. I guess they are too occupied by the Spanish Anthem, gay marriage, and whatever else will be cooked up to obscure the real issues?

I think if you're a member of the tinfoil hat crowd, you might think that. But reality is much less interesting than fiction.

In my years of following the Correspondents Dinner, it's never really made the news. It's seen as an insider's night, and very quickly forgotten, especially since it happens Friday nights, so it's on the weekend news cycle. By the time the next Monday rolls around, it's old news. Or as one CBS producer puts it, "If it has whiskers on it, shave it off and start clean."

It makes the news EVERY year. Unfortunately, for most Americans, their news source is Inside Addition and Access Hollywood.

If you read your local paper, the NY Times, listen to NPR, or watch PBS for news, you'd see/read/hear the Correspondent's Dinner covered quite regularly.

It makes the news EVERY year. Unfortunately, for most Americans, their news source is Inside Addition and Access Hollywood.

If you read your local paper, the NY Times, listen to NPR, or watch PBS for news, you'd see/read/hear the Correspondent's Dinner covered quite regularly.

So, Kinkaid, does PBS news come on before or after you are done watching Sesame Street ? "Covered quite regularly" ? How many "Annual" Correspondent dinners do they have a year Kinkaid ? :huh::D

Maybe you should watch a little more Sesame Street?

You might learn something.

Editor was trying to imply that the event is essentially a non-event. I was just pointing out that if you happen to watch the network news, the cable news networks, listen to NPR, read a major paper or weekly news magazine, or even just search the net for information, you'd find that the dinner is reported on quite heavily. Usually it's light-hearted because the press takes more or a ROAST type attitude. However, this year, a comedian stepped in an addressed many of the issues that the Press has failed to take on. That's what made it special.

The Count wants to know, Did you ride a small bus to school?

count4.jpg

Honestly Kinkaid, if you watch PBS to get your news coverage, you have serious issues. The Press Dinner, is covered ONCE a year, you act as if it is in the paper every month. In fact, I haven't seen anything else about the Press Dinner since about 2 days after it happened. So, it is not even on the minds of the Liberal Biased Media anymore, or is NPR picking up the ball and running with it ?

Ask Super Grover if you can borrow his helmet, it seems you have been dropped on your head one too many times.

supergrover.jpg

Honestly Kinkaid, if you watch PBS to get your news coverage, you have serious issues.

I watch PBS because I do want serious news without all the smash-mouth spin you get from cable. If I wanted it dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, I'd watch FOX.

Honestly Kinkaid, if you watch PBS to get your news coverage, you have serious issues. The Press Dinner, is covered ONCE a year, you act as if it is in the paper every month. In fact, I haven't seen anything else about the Press Dinner since about 2 days after it happened. So, it is not even on the minds of the Liberal Biased Media anymore, or is NPR picking up the ball and running with it ?

supergrover.jpg

I wouldn't shove this down your throat if you weren't asking for it, TJ.

If the Dinner is held once a year, and it is covered by the media once a year, then it is covered REGULARLY, i.e., EVERY TIME it is held. Kinkaid said it was covered EVERY year, and he said it is covered "quite regularly". I would suggest that EVERY TIME it is held is about as regular as something can be covered.

I realize listening to Bush speeches "quite regularly" can inhibit your ability to comprehend English. But, putting your ignorance in writing for all to see is not advisible.

I watch PBS because I do want serious news without all the smash-mouth spin you get from cable. If I wanted it dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, I'd watch FOX.

:o Where do you get the latest news on the Aruba girl? Or Bill O'reilly's coverage of the "war on <insert holiday here>"?

I wouldn't shove this down your throat if you weren't asking for it, TJ.

If the Dinner is held once a year, and it is covered by the media once a year, then it is covered REGULARLY, i.e., EVERY TIME it is held. Kinkaid said it was covered EVERY year, and he said it is covered "quite regularly". I would suggest that EVERY TIME it is held is about as regular as something can be covered.

I realize listening to Bush speeches "quite regularly" can inhibit your ability to comprehend English. But, putting your ignorance in writing for all to see is not advisible.

Red, I agree, she put EVERY year, she then goes on to say "regularly". The War in Iraq is covered "quite regularly" the Democrats crying over spilled milk is covered, "quite regularly". The Press Dinner is covered, ANNUALLY smartguy. :P So, ok, it is covered regularly, annually. Happy now ? I know I am. ^_^

Using your math Red, I only listen to ONE Bush speech a year. How many have you heard this year ?

Archived