Funniest 15 Minutes On C-SPAN Ever

RedScare

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

colbert would be dead if he lived in russia. i relish the fact that we can ridicule our leaders and get away with it. i don't have to agree with colbert to enjoy his biting humor. great fun.

The news here keeps showing clips of Bush at the podium, and his double next to him. I laugh my butt off every time I see that. I'd like to see the entire dinner. Is any station showing it?

The news here keeps showing clips of Bush at the podium, and his double next to him. I laugh my butt off every time I see that. I'd like to see the entire dinner. Is any station showing it?

Yeah, that part was funny, did anyone notice whether the emblem for the "DOUBLE" was the real seal or not ? I seem to recall only the Pres. is allowed to use that seal.

Heights, it helps to know speaker & the venue. Colbert's routine was right on target. The event wasn't a night at the Improv, it is more of a light-hearted roast, if you will.

Like I said, it helps to know Colbert - and not just his new show, but his whole body of work.

indeed - i can see how someone who isn't familiar might be a little...disturbed :)

x1lor4.jpg

indeed - i can see how someone who isn't familiar might be a little...disturbed :)

x1lor4.jpg

Sev, I have seen alot of Colbert's comedy, but you don't get invited to someone's house for a nice evening, and take a dump on their coffee table because YOU think it might be funny. Bad form ol' chap.

of course colbert doesn't have class or good form - that is common knowledge...and if not, do some research before having him speak at the white house correspondents meeting :rolleyes:

of course colbert doesn't have class or good form - that is common knowledge...and if not, do some research before having him speak at the white house correspondents meeting :rolleyes:

:lol: I knew what was coming as soon as they announced him. Colbert went to great lengths to prepare for his speech though, I have to give him that.

I think someone ought to give Colbert a friggin' MEDAL for what he said.

They don't have a MEDAL for "Jackass of the Year." Yes, the press dinner is so that you can poke fun at the Pres. not so you can make political statements to push your own agenda and promote your new TV show. He was lucky to be invited in the first place, he should have been gracious about it. Like I said Red, if you invite me to your house and I start doggin' you in front of your wife, not satirical, but mean spirited, is that OK with you ?

They don't have a MEDAL for "Jackass of the Year."

umm, that medal already has a winner (and he's won it every year he's been in office) ^_^

and like i said earlier...they invited stephen colbert - what the hell did they expect?!

umm, that medal already has a winner (and he's won it every year he's been in office) ^_^

and like i said earlier...they invited stephen colbert - what the hell did they expect?!

I know, I know, but Ted Kennedy won't be around much longer, and I didn't want to get him involved. :P

I agree, could have been a Dem. conspiracy, I am sure Bush has never even heard of Colbert ? :lol:

Like I said Red, if you invite me to your house and I start doggin' you in front of your wife, not satirical, but mean spirited, is that OK with you ?

If it was a roast....well, yeah. That's kinda the point. :lol:

But, I would have to ask who the chick was posing as my wife, though. :blink:

If it was a roast....well, yeah. That's kinda the point. :lol:

But, I would have to ask who the chick was posing as my wife, though. :blink:

:lol: He wasn't roasted, that was pretty much CHARRED BEYOND EDIBLE ! :lol:

It's just like when The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart 1st started gaining serious popularity. All these people- politicians, pundits, writers, whatever- would go on the show and be totally amazed that he knew their voting record, read their book, could quote their speeches, had their balls in a vice... They always had that deer-in-the-headlights look. Unfortunately for us, they've smartened up to Jon's game. <_<

Colbert is just further proof that people in Washington are so far removed from reality. I bet they think things like "this guy is popular. he is on comedy central. he doesn't really know what he's talking about. that'll be a safe, easy bet."

There is some crazy statistic floating around that more than 50% of people under 30 get their news from Comedy Central. :lol:

Archived