I'm just saying you don't improve a team with multiple second round draft picks, you start with a No. 1 pick. This teams problems won't be solved in one draft. Trading a No. 1 will only get them 2 or 3 picks, and as I said, 2nd rounders are average players.

How do get better with average players? We got a whole roster of them already.

Oh...and sorry about the UT swipe, Owlie.

Hmmmmmmm.... Wasn't David Carr a number 1 pick, and he has turned out to be a big steaming pile of number 2 sitting in the pocket with a target on his chest. Get a probowl lineman or two that can add some experience and toughness on that O-Line and try to get a franchise receiver somehow. Red, I personally think they should fire the whole lot and grab every player on the current UT roster, including Coach Brown. They would have at least been 500 this year. Not a huge UT fan, but I love the way Vince Young and his team plays ! :D

BTW, nmain, be careful, that is how rumors get started ! ;)

Hmmmmmmm.... Wasn't David Carr a number 1 pick, and he has turned out to be a big steaming pile of number 2 sitting in the pocket with a target on his chest. Get a probowl lineman or two that can add some experience and toughness on that O-Line and try to get a franchise receiver somehow. Red, I personally think they should fire the whole lot and grab every player on the current UT roster, including Coach Brown. They would have at least been 500 this year. Not a huge UT fan, but I love the way Vince Young and his team plays ! :D

Well, I'm sorry TJ, but I'm going to have to agree with you again. I am so tiered of hearing everyone trying to fix this old broken horse. Out on the ranch you'd just shoot the poor thing and move on. Sure Carr is pretty. You know where pretty gets you? Stinkin' nowhere in the end-no pun there. My GOD! You just can't know how frustrated a native Houstonian can get with such a losing NFL franchise. First the Oilers and now...THIS!

Kill me.

NOW!

Please.

Just tell me how much you want then kill me.

:(

And BTW, TJ...why are you up so late?????

B)

UT DOES have a powerful roster, huh. I gotta disagree with you and nmainguy on Carr. Carr's a good player, with good skill. They even said in the Chronicle that when he called the plays this season, the team gained more yards and were more successful than when the coaching staff made the plays. Carr's turned out to become the ONLY star on the team. He's got potential, but only if he gets better plays and/or better talent around him.

Bush would be a great pick up, but for the TEAM to get better, we need better linemen, a leader on defense, and maybe a new reciever. Kinda curious...if we were locked to pick up Bush, wouldn't the Texans just trade Davis for two more 1st round picks, and pick up linemen? Then after that, trade our current starter linemen for a star on defense?

All this hype about this runningback, Reggie Bush. When his butt get's here in Houston next year, watch he get's hurt, cause he gonna try to impress everybody around him.

Beleive me what I tell ya. Davis will be the starting back for next year, while Bush on the sidelines just like this other runningback, Tony Hollings.

That's a very mean thing to say. Since you are in a minority in Houston (minority=people who don't want Reggie Bush) are you really hoping he gets hurt so you can tell everyone you told us so??????

Here's a question for all those who don't want Bush. A lot of knowledgeable people out there are saying Bush is one-of-a-kind, that he is going to be one of the great running backs of our generation. Usually, I scoff at such talk when it comes from a few scouts, but a LOT of scouts are saying this. So the question is, do any of you want to be known as the team that passed up a OJ/Campbell/Dorsett/Payton/Sanders/Smith for a left tackle?

Different sport, but does anyone remember the 1984 NBA draft. Portland needed a center, so they passed up Michael Jordan and picked Sam Bowie. It's 22 years later and Portland still carries shame over this move.

UT DOES have a powerful roster, huh. I gotta disagree with you and nmainguy on Carr. Carr's a good player, with good skill. They even said in the Chronicle that when he called the plays this season, the team gained more yards and were more successful than when the coaching staff made the plays. Carr's turned out to become the ONLY star on the team. He's got potential, but only if he gets better plays and/or better talent around him.

Bush would be a great pick up, but for the TEAM to get better, we need better linemen, a leader on defense, and maybe a new reciever. Kinda curious...if we were locked to pick up Bush, wouldn't the Texans just trade Davis for two more 1st round picks, and pick up linemen? Then after that, trade our current starter linemen for a star on defense?

Ehh, Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis are there with Carr, too. Andre is one of the best WR out there.

And the Texans have the #1 draft pick.

YES!!!! Dom Capers and the Texans did what they were SUPPOSED to do...lose while making it look like they wanted to win!!! :lol: GREAT JOB :lol:

Guess it's obvious. We're drafting Bush. No question in my mind. He's the #1 talent available, and with him, Johnson AND Davis on the field with Carr at QB, and if the Offensive Coordinator is smart, it will be an explosive offense with a defense that was supposed to be developed into one of the league's best anyway. I'm pleased ^_^ But the team needs to solve the question of what went wrong with Carr's protection.

By the way, Tampa Bay was the worst team in the league last year. Still kept coach Gruden. They made the playoffs today...

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

YES!!!! Dom Capers and the Texans did what they were SUPPOSED to do...lose while making it look like they wanted to win!!! :lol: GREAT JOB :lol:

Guess it's obvious. We're drafting Bush. No question in my mind. He's the #1 talent available, and with him, Johnson AND Davis on the field with Carr at QB, and if the Offensive Coordinator is smart, it will be an explosive offense with a defense that was supposed to be developed into one of the league's best anyway. I'm pleased ^_^ But the team needs to solve the question of what went wrong with Carr's protection.

By the way, Tampa Bay was the worst team in the league last year. Still kept coach Gruden. They made the playoffs today...

The only thing consistent thing the Texans did today was lose.

Congratulations.

Now they have the choice of using their 1st rd. status to hang their future on one player or trade it away and begin building a real team with good picks. In addition a new coach and QB could only be a plus.

I'm consistently supportive of our perennially choaking sports teams [with the rare exceptions of the Rockets and Astros] and my patience is holding strong...but for how long....?

B)

Please don't try to compare Gruden to Capers. Capers couldn't hold Gruden's jock ! The era of Capers is over, I'm sure some smart sports journalist will be calling it something witty like, the "Error of Capers". Dan Reeves might risk ANOTHER heart attack, and take the reigns if asked, who knows. Number 1 pick ! Man, there are so many ways to go with that, but alas, we will get stuck with the obvious, and take Bush. YAAAAWWWWNNNNNN ! Oh well, I look forward to a 500 season next year. :D

Edited by TJones

They just mention that the GM will be back, and yes, Dom Capers will be history.

The Texans are expected to interview, among others, Washington assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams, Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and possibly New York Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

The Texans also are expected to interview one or two college head coaches with NFL experience.

What about Dan Reeves?

They just mention that the GM will be back, and yes, Dom Capers will be history.

The Texans are expected to interview, among others, Washington assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams, Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and possibly New York Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

The Texans also are expected to interview one or two college head coaches with NFL experience.

What about Dan Reeves?

Reeves would definately be my #2 choice. Jimmy Johnson would be my #1. I'm sure if we pursued him, he'd say yes. I only think Johnson would be better because I think of Johnson's former offensive cast of Emmitt Smith, Micheal Irving, and Troy Aikmen. The Texans would have Andre Johnson, Dominique Davis, Reggie Bush (hypothetically), and David Carr, not to mention a defensive roster with so much potential, but needing that something extra. But the Texans roster is all younger, wanting to break out of their shell, and I think Jimmy Johnson wouldn't mind stepping up to the plate and help an underachiving team become great to prove that he IS one of the greatest coaches of all time, and didn't just win because his talent was already at it's prime.

#3 for me would probably be Gary Kubiak

And the Texans have the #1 draft pick.

By the way, do you think Bush and Leinhart will still be healthy after meeting my hungry Longhorns in the Rose Bowl? I'm predicting not only a Longhorns win, but a very nasty game. I can't see nobody getting hurt in this one... :ph34r:

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

By the way, do you think Bush and Leinhart will still be healthy after meeting my hungry Longhorns in the Rose Bowl? I'm predicting not only a Longhorns win, but a very nasty game. I can't see nobody getting hurt in this one... :ph34r:

I'm hoping Vince throws for about 300 yards or more. I would take him in the draft, just go ahead and come on out Vince ! Screw it, get your money now ! :lol:

Reeves would definately be my #2 choice. Jimmy Johnson would be my #1. I'm sure if we pursued him, he'd say yes.

Jimmy Johnson has already told McNair "no." McNair visited him at his home in the Keys 2-3 weeks ago. The following weekend on Fox's pregame he again emphatically denied that he ever wants back in coaching. Additionally, I think he also re-upped his Fox contract.

Lastly, we have to take Bush! All of the NFL scouts are calling him the best college hopeful to come out in years. We don't wanna be the team that passed up Reggie Bush. Use D. Davis as trade bait or keep him as a backup, whatever... just don't pass on Bush. We'd look like idiots. Not to mention McNair would assure himself of a steep decline in season ticket sales next year.

I think Davis will still be the starter, cause Reggie is a rookie and he have to learn the ropes in the NFL. Now, since there will be a new Head Coach, the Texans needs a playbook that will put both Reggie and Davis on the field at once. Trading Davis is out the question.

So far, I'll been on target with the Texans this season. They need to trade the 4th string runningback, Tony Hollings, and keep Wells, Davis, Mornecy, and pick up Bush. So, this means Texans will have 4 good runningbacks in the 2006 season.

Moreover, Texans needs to get rid of Corey Bradford and pick up David Givens, or Reggie Wayne. David Carr needs more weapons, instead of having just one, (Andre Johnson).

But, to tell you the truth. Texans don't need another runningback. We need linemen and one, or two more receivers. Even the media said so.

...here is the 2006 Texans Schedule, and yes, Dallas will host Houston!

HOME GAMES...

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland

AWAY GAMES...

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

The official 2006 schedule, with playing dates and times, will be announced in the spring.

I think Davis will still be the starter, cause Reggie is a rookie and he have to learn the ropes in the NFL. Now, since there will be a new Head Coach, the Texans needs a playbook that will put both Reggie and Davis on the field at once. Trading Davis is out the question.

So far, I'll been on target with the Texans this season. They need to trade the 4th string runningback, Tony Hollings, and keep Wells, Davis, Mornecy, and pick up Bush. So, this means Texans will have 4 good runningbacks in the 2006 season.

Moreover, Texans needs to get rid of Corey Bradford and pick up David Givens, or Reggie Wayne. David Carr needs more weapons, instead of having just one, (Andre Johnson).

But, to tell you the truth. Texans don't need another runningback. We need linemen and one, or two more receivers. Even the media said so.

I'm almost sure that Bush would start for the Texans for the fact that I think Davis is injured, and I'm not sure how much he'll recover next season. We could trade Morency or Wells for a reciever to work with Johnson, 'cause I think you're right that 4 runningbacks may be a lot. And we could trade Bradford for another high 1st round pick to draft up a top prospect lineman. But what about defense. Was offense the only problem to everyone? 'Cause I thought we had a strong defensive setup until we gave up 40 points here, 30 points there...

What ropes does a running back need to learn pray tell? Besides knowing blocking assignments in pass situations, all a running back needs to do is run the ball. Running Back is one of the easiest positions in Football. The skills required of a running back are mostly individual oriented, not team oriented. 1st pick running backs usually have the individual skills hammered down or they wouldn't be drafted 1st in the first place. I will however agree with you on trading Davis. You should never trade decent running backs no matter how deep you are in the position. The Oilers did quite well in 1988 with Highsmith, White, Pinkett and Rozier crowding the backfield. If the Texans trade anyone it will be Morency only because he's still a relative unknown.

Many rookie running backs do well and you can't go wrong with Bush. The Texans will have to trade Davis for a decent WR or lineman because they won't get anything for Bradford or Wells.

Here are a few rookie running backs that played very well their rookie year.

Cadilac Williams

Clinton Portis

Mike Anderson

Edgerrin James

Barry Sanders

Dom Davis

My prediciion is we will have Bush, Wells, and Morency in the backfield.

A like Kubiak as an offensive coach, but he has never been a head coach. It seems like Kubiak always has the answers for the offense no matter who the running back is. Does he know defense?

I guess you have to give him a chance to be a head coach at some point...so why not now. My vote is for Kubiak 1st and then Mike Sherman from Green Bay.

Many rookie running backs do well and you can't go wrong with Bush. The Texans will have to trade Davis for a decent WR or lineman because they won't get anything for Bradford or Wells.

Cadilac Williams

Clinton Portis

Mike Anderson

Edgerrin James

Barry Sanders

Dom Davis

Don't forget one of the greatest rookie running backs ever, Earl Campbell.

A like Kubiak as an offensive coach, but he has never been a head coach. It seems like Kubiak always has the answers for the offense no matter who the running back is. Does he know defense?

I guess you have to give him a chance to be a head coach at some point...so why not now. My vote is for Kubiak 1st and then Mike Sherman from Green Bay.

I was thinking the same thing about Earl Campbell. The greatest Oilers player ever in my book, but I'm sure I just started up a new arguement there :)

I think Kubiak is the best choice (now that I hear Johnson isn't a choice). He won't even know defense if he gets the best defensive coordinater available (possibly a former head coach) and trusts in 'em. I heard Capers himself was a better defensive coordinater than a head coach. I wouldn't count that out, even though I'm sure I'm the only Houstonian that feels that way. I can see the Texans as playoff contenders next year with Kubiak, Bush, good assistants, and if they make the right moves on the roster.

I'm not just saying that because I'm a hopeful Texans fan. Remember the Bengals, Bears, Chargers, and Buccanners within the past three years. All were at some point some of the worst teams in the league, and now all four have made the playoff within the past 2 season (three out of the four are in the playoffs this season)

I used to follow Earll Campbell's career back in the late 70's and early eighties, and I though he was one of the greatest runners I've ever seen. He most certainly was the greatest power runner in NFL history. He single handedly made the Oilers a great football team overnight.

Had the Oilers not beat him to death the first five years of his carreer, he might have broken Jim Browns rushing record. I remember the year (I think 79) he came within a few yards of OJ's single season record and he didn't play the last game of the season.

I just thought he had fantastic instincts and such great balance, of course those 36" thighs didn't hurt.

Edited by Gary

Cadilac Williams

Clinton Portis

Mike Anderson

Edgerrin James

Barry Sanders

Dom Davis

Are you, and rest of y'all crazy?! Trading Davis and have Bush, Wells and Morency in the backfield? I don't think so. y'all not using y'all heads.

Bush and Davis in the backfield, with the right playbook? That would be awsome combition. They have to trade Tony Hollings, and Corey Bradford, Jabar Gaffney and Derek Armstrong will be unrestricted free agents. That means, they're freely to seek another team.

Besdies, Bob Mcnair just gave Davis a bonus for the next 2-3 years, so he'll be there.

Again, here is the full NFL 2006 Free Agents. I will post the positions that Houston really needs...

WR's...

1)David Givens NE-- Texans needs

2)Reggie Wayne Ind-- Texans needs

3)Josh Reed Buf

4)Randy Hymes Bal

5)Antonio Bryant Cle

6)Antwaan Randle El Pit-- Texans could get

7)Eric Moulds Buf

8)Joe Jurevicius Sea-- Texans needs

9)Peter Warrick Sea

10)Jabar Gaffney Hou-- Texans toss up

11)Rod Gardner Car

12)Corey Bradford Hou-- Texans needs to get rid of

13)Kevin Johnson Det

14)Peerless Price Dal

15)Dez White Atl

16)Koren Robinson Min-- Texans possbility

17)Quincy Morgan Pit

18)Az-Zhair Hakim NO

19)Tim Carter NYG

20)David Boston Mia

21)Ike Hillard TB

22)Troy Brown NE

23)Tim Dwight NE

24)Jerome Pathon Atl

25)Charles Lee Ari

26)Marc Boerighter KC

27)Reggie Swinton Ari

28)Troy Walters Ind

29)Patrick Johnson Bal

TE's...

1)Chris Baker NYJ-- Texans needs

2)Brandon Manumaleuna Stl

3)Matt Schobel Cin

4)Justin Peelle SD

5)Stephen Alexander Den-- Texans possbility

6)Dan Campbell Dal-- Texans toss up

7)Aaron Shea Cle

8)Jermane Tuman Pit

9)Robert Royal Was

10)Christian Fauria NE-- Texans needs

11)Darnell Dinkins Bal

12)Terry Jones Jr Bal

13)Teyo Johnson Ari

14)Tony Stewart Cin

15)Billy Miller Cle

16)Keith Henrich Car

17)Lamont Hall NO

18)Brian Kozlowski Was

19)Dave Moore TB

20)Cam Cleeland Stl

21)Marcellus Rivers Hou

22)Steve Bush SF

23)John Gilmore Chi

24)Mike Seidman Car

25)Zeron Flemister Oak

OG's...

1)Steve Hutchinson Sea-- Texans NEEDS

2)Stephen Neal NE

3)Tutan Reyes Car

4)Montrae Holland NO

5)John St Clair Chi

6)Fred Weary

7)Grey Ruegamer GB

8)Tom Nutten Stl

9)Ray Brown Was

10)Steve Edwards Chi

OT's...

1)Jeff Backus Det

2)Tom Ashworth NE

3)Jon Runyan Phi

4)Victor Riley Hou

5)Kyle Kosier Det

6)L.J. Shelton

7)Ephraim Salaam Jax

7)Kevin Shaffner Atl

8)Kevin Barry GB

9)Stockar McDougle Mia

10)Matt Willig Stl

11)Anthony Clement SF

12)Barry Stokes Atl

13)Bob Whitfield NE

14)Todd Stussie TB

15)Todd Fordham Chi

16)Scott Gragg

17)Barrett Brooks Pit

18)Rex Tucker

MLB's...

1)Andra Davis Cle--Resigned

2)Derek Smith SF

3)Angelo Crowell Buf

4)Gary Brackett Ind

5)Earl Holmes Det

6)Sam Cowart Min

7)Brad Kassell Tenn

8)Clint Kriewaldt Pit

9)DeShon Polk Hou-- Texans needs to resign

10)Ben Taylor Cle

11)Orlando Ruff Cle

12)Rob Morris Ind

13)Jason Glenn Hou

14)Wali Rainer Det

15)Ronald McKinnon NO

16)Tim Johnson Oak

17)Trav Faulk Stl

OLB's...

1)Julian Peterson SF

2)Akin Ayodele Jax

3)David Thornton Ind

4)Will Witherspoon Car

5)Sedrick Hodge NO

6)Keith Adams Phi

7)Nick Greisen NYG

8)Rocky Boiman Tenn

9)Tommy Polley Atl

10)Keith Newman Minn

11)Grant Irons Oak

12)Warrick Holdman Was

13)Bart Scott Bal

14)Paris Lenon GB

15)Scott Fujita Dal

16)Patrick Chukwurah Den

17)Lester Towns Ari

18)Hannibal Navies Cin

19)Marcus Wilkins Cin

20)Rocky Calmus Tenn

21)Keith Burns Den

22)Matt Chatham NE

23)T.J. Slaughter NO

24)DeLawrence Grant Oak

25)Don Davis NE

CB's...

1)Nate Clements Buf-- Texans needs

2)Charles Woodson Oak-- Texans possbility

3)Deshea Townsend Pit

4)Lenny Walls Den

5)Kenny Wright Jax

6)Jerry Azumah Chi

7)Andre Goodman Det

8)R.W. McQuarters Det

9)Brian Williams Min

9)Willie Middlebrooks SF

10)Chad Scott NE

11)Jamar Fletcher SD

12)Dale Carter Bal

13)Deion Sanders Bal

14)Tony Beckham Tenn

15)Juran Bolden TB

16)Fakhir Brown NO

17)Will Allen NYG

18)Terry Cousin

19)Ray Mickens Clev

20)Rashad Bauman Cin

21)Ralph Brown Min

22)Jimmy Williams Sea

23)Terry Fair Stl

24)Corey Ivy Stl

25)Jason Bell Hou

26)DeWayne Washington KC

S's...

1)Adam Archuleta Stl-- Texans needs

2)Chris Hope Pit

3)Tank Willliams Tenn-- Texans needs

4)Will Demps Bal

5)Corey Chavous Min

6)Dexter Jackson TB

7)Sam Brandon Den

8)Marlon McCree Hou-- Texans toss up

9)Keion Carpenter Atl

10)Deke Cooper Jax

11)Idrees Bashir Car

12)Anthony Mitchell Cijn

13)Ifeanyi Ohalete Cin

14)Lance Schulters Mia

15)Bracy Walker Det

16)Earl Little GB

17)Kevin McCadam Atl

18)Ronnie Heard Atl

19)Keith Davis Dal

20)Ken Irvin Min

21)John Howell

22)Marquand Manuel

23)Ryan Clark NYG

24)Omar Stoutmare NYG

25)Ramon Walker Hou-- Texans get rid of

K's...

1)Adam Vinateri NE-- Texans blessing (really needs)

2)Jeff Wilkins Stl--Resigned

3)Mike Vanderjaght Ind-- Texans other blessing

4)Ryan Longwell GB

5)Neil Rackers Cinn--Resigned

6)Josh Brown Sea

7)Todd Peterson Atl

8)Matt Bryant TB

9)Joe Nedney SF

I don't care who Texans get in the backfield. If they don't have no good linemens, Bush ain't going nowhere. The things Bush done in College, he won't do in the NFL. These pro-football players going to welcome Bush to the NFL, with a big hit.

Let me tell y'all something. All this hype about Bush, he better do something his first year. I mean, he better rush over 1,000+ yards, and be a Pro Bowler.

But, one good thing. The Cowboys will host Texans this regular season. That means, they will face Bush (if he stay healthly).

Edited by houstonsemipro